We rely on the ISI or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimitris Kat., Jan 10, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

NO if the server goes down you wont be able to play online.

If the server went down it would be fixed.

I don't know why ISI would abandon the best online sim in the world and yearly server dues.

How long does a sim need to support online till you get your value anyway....... ?

I should be so greedy and worried about the future when @$45 imho I already had mine, anything else is gravy. !@!

lopl

We are pretty lucky

2. Jos

Jos Registered

the best online sim in the world, with 20 players...

lopl

3. tjc

tjc Registered

"We rely on the ISI or not?"

:confused:

Absolutely, yes. :)

4. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I don't live in Pakistan so I don't rely on the ISI for anything.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

There is however some validity to OP's question, I just need to open financial pages of my paper to see that things can turn quite horrible in some corners of the world and there would be so little that would be in power of ISI to get away from that unharmed, while some other places it might not be quite as severe.

As there are so much uncertain things in world at the moment, in that sense question is valid.

However as has been shown before, ISI is a company that likes to care from their customers and if situation that ISI has no power to affect causes them to stop the company, they probably will take measures to have those less affected to be able to continue use of the product.

However I don't really believe such situation will ever occur, but that is something we can't know, also person never heard about ISI will not know history of how ISI works, so for them it is some unheard small company with unknown level of reliability as they don't have as much information about history of ISI, which is long.

Of course most of the information one could get by going to http://imagespaceinc.com/ but nobody of course does that, instead asking from someone is they do, then opinion of unknown person answering is given lot more weight than text one can read from web page.

I kind of miss references and testimonials on that web page though, those could work as backing of statements made on pages, even most of that information can be seen from product pages, it might give better % for potential customer finding that information if information would be on separate page on menu. That is how I see if I go trough your pages with eyes of new guy looking pages like "what is this ISI".

Well just my 2c, which often is safe to ignore :p

6. Hectari

Hectari Registered

The way i see it if ISI goes under we'll all have more important things to concern ourselves with other than where our racing fix is coming from. No need to worry :cool:

Marketing slogan: Have YOU got the Rfactor2? ...yes it's cheesy, OP made me think of it lol.. shoot me now!

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

rFactor2 is like Bacon. nuff said.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Some have, some don't, my potatoes grow either way, if all goes well I'm mostly self sufficient after the summer, after that world can go that way, I go my way :D

9. JETninja

JETninja Registered

You all do know that ISI is much more then just rFactor right? They provide high level Simulators to a large chunk of the Automotive Manufacturers (BMW, Ford come to mind) and race Teams. rFactor gets some of the benefit and flow down of those sims I imagine, but as long as ISI keeps raising the bar in the real world, our world will keep working just fine. http://www.rfactor-pro.com/

John Tami

10. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Meant to comment on that also, I race in 2 sister ALMS leagues...and we race with 40 drivers most every week. Works quite nicely. 20 was back in the day of F1C (and way maybe with that many)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If I did not think it was the best online sim I would not be here............what's your excuse ? lopl

wtf are you going on about 20 cars - 40 cars anyways ?

I have no clue ? lol

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is in beta. Look at the activity in rF1. I guarantee that once leagues make the switch to rF2 that the activity online will sky rocket. rF1 is the best online sim and I have no doubt this will change with rF2.

13. Dimitris Kat.

Dimitris Kat. Registered

Well the question i make wasnt mine.If i had this issue wouldn't buy the game if it wasnt a clear answer on that.And yes after the talk i had with my friend i have the same question.And coz i am very,very young now and i may be your customer for many,many years a clear answer if ISI will take measures after she decides to stop the support on rF2 and start work on an other project will we be able to play online?

Thx for your answers.

14. coops

coops Banned

reley on ISI for me (YES YES YES) you should theres not 1 word i have heard any where that ISI is giving up support on rf1 so why even think they would on rf2, bit stupid to even think that way IMHO.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Again I can't give you a 'signed contract' type of answer. I can just ask you to look at the current product we have, which is rF2. We haven't stopped supporting rF1 even though our focus is rF2. If we switched to something else years in the future, it seems safe to assume support would still be there.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Even without support can't u connect via IP address? I know it's not the same as matchmaker but possible right?

17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

there was many many many many doubts for rF1 too, so nothing new :)

18. Armando

Armando Registered

Not at the moment, no.
    It was possible in rF1 but not in rF2.
    I guess that would be the easiest solution if the matchmaker was going to disappear one day.

19. SVO

SVO Registered

I race with a small group and we occasionally use the service Tunngle to race GRID, which was taken offline. I know rF2 is a bit different at this point, but in GRID you connect as LAN.

20. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I didn't have an issue with the actual response.

The OP may have had little knowledge (I'd assume so from the question posted since the same problem is inherent within rF1). On this forum there is a lot of assumed knowledge. What may be a clear and definite answer for someone who has played rF1 for 5 years, may not be so clear for a new player of either title. A lot of regulars sometimes lose sight of that.

I am disappointed mostly that recently the forum has degenerated into just another one of those places where you have to wade through a lot of sh!t to find the information gem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013