Upcoming ISI Content List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The one shown in the wallpapers is clearly a Maverick, not a Comet. 1970 original by the looks of it.

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I got no answer back when I asked, but an FIA GT version of the Merc SLS would be the icing on the GT-cake. It would make for one hell of a GT series. The real FIA GT1 series had the Merc SLS, Nissan GTR, Ford GT, Corvette, Audi R8, Aston Martin and so on; adding some of those would be just amazing

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

ISI and Panoz have quite a long history together now. :)

4. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Now that you mention it, the front bumper is different on the Comet. It probably is a Ford Maverick apparently.

EDIT:
    Marc Collins was faster.

5. boxer

boxer Registered

I dream of DP-01 and the Panoz LMP-1 Roadster-S:D

David

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes, totally agree that would be really great! The Panoz looks pretty badass in the pic shown btw

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

BTCC: 1 car and 1 track, to be announced!

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

A few more like that and I am one happy bunny :D

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Is this a request or something that's been posted? My day would be made for sure.

10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Tim posted this a while ago, i can't remember what thread otherwise i would provide the source quote :)

EDIT:
    Source for BTCC car confirmation: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9221-All-cars-all-tracks-full-championships?p=124619&viewfull=1#post124619

*trying to find source for the BTCC track that has been licensed(unnamed as of yet)

**given up looking, i'm positive that it was said, can anyone else remember this or did i dream it?! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Of course, there's also a connection between Panoz and DeltaWing... ;)

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

My money is on Honda, and Silverstone :)

-For the Honda I got a "source" within ISI that suggests towards that car (unfortunatly, I couldn't "contact" my "source" when I last tried :p )
    -And Silverstone is just pure logics..... Someone posted a list with a few F1 tracks that he wanted, and one of it was Modern Silverstone. Silverstone is also used for BTCC. And obviously ISI has (or at least had) connections to it, as the track was in rF1 as well (although that isn't any guaranty of course).

EDIT :: And with "suggesting" I mean that it is not confirming, just vaguely pointing in that direction. Also, I have no idea how "reliable" that source is ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Nice one, just found this: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9252-rFactor2-Build-134-Released?p=125379&viewfull=1#post125379

So one of the following has been licensed: Silverstone, Suzuka, Melbourne, Hungary, Singapore, Austin

My money's on Silverstone too :D

14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Good catch! I don't know much about Silverstone, though it looks to be pretty cool. I hope they include it, but I'm also hoping ISI can bring in Suzuka... Probably my second favorite track to Nurburgring. ;)

15. Robert Gödicke

Actually I'd love to see some, ahem, "real" GT1 cars. You know, cars like the Corvette C6.R GT1, Aston Martin DBR9, Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT, Maserati MC12... The FIA "GT1" cars we've seen in 2012 were no proper GT1 cars. The Mercedes SLS, Audi R8 LMS, Aston Martin Vantage, Mclaren MP4-12C, Ferrari 458, BMW Z4, Lamborghini Gallardo, the Porsche... These are basically all just GT3 cars.

When you've seen (and heard!) the real GT1 cars live, the GT3s are just lacking. Don't get me wrong, I love the ADAC GT Masters with their GT3 class machinery as well, but I hate the FIA for letting the real GT1 cars go extinct. Yeah, they were expensive (over 1.000.000€ for some of them), but they were also so damn exciting. The sound of a Corvette C6.R blasting just a few meters from you over the main straight was just phenomenal.

16. 88mphTim

Ben was pretty busy last time I contacted him, but the DW seems a possibility at some point. They did use rF1 for their early testing and promotion.

17. 88mphTim

Well you should get something from your list. Although a GT1 Vette I am not sure...

18. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Any chance on an Aston Martin Tim??

19. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Very interesting, thanks Tim.

20. Robert Gödicke

Now you're teasing Tim...! :p
    Any car from the 2010 or 2011 season would be nice to join the Nissan GTR!
    For the GT1 Corvette, well, you should ask them for a discount since you already paid for the GT2. :)

By the way, just curious, who would you need to ask if you'd like to license the DBR9, for example?
    Only Aston Martin? Prodrive? Both?

The same for the Ford GT1... It's labeled as a Ford, but Matech developed and built the car.