A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

Me too! :D
    I agree with Tim: people just freak out today.

I just realized that I spend more time today in this forum, than racing in rF2! LOL

Gonna take my Clio and race....see ya folks!:cool:

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ Tim...there is a difference mate...last week we had a pretty cool beta...this week we have a pretty crappy game...last week we wernt paying for multiplayer ... this week we are (that still needs alot of work btw and should be fixed before you charge money for it)...

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I still think my idea is better...........

2 BETAS ..........You must purchase BETA #1 first

1. Month beta $10.00 , NO refund, no exceptions.

If you do not like it don't buy Beta 2 simple.
    If you do upgrade you get the value credited.
    If you do not like it after a month you will never like it.

Online costs you 10 BUCKS ( 30 cents a day ) surely you would not expect that back ?

omg lol :rolleyes:

2. Normal Beta, Normal price, NO refund, no exceptions.

If you still brought #2 after being disappointed trying #1.

Well .............. I would have no pity for you. ?
    Why should I ? lol

That all means no one would get a FREE RIDE

Why should someone get a refund then go hack their beta for offline while we Pay !

ffs ...lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  4. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I want to point out, it's probably not because the developers aren't good enough. The main point in the case of rFactor 2 is the emphasis on physics, and therefore the lack of resources that can be allocated to graphics, both in terms of developers as well as system resources on most (target) systems. I have faith that the ISI developers who are involved in the graphics department are very talented, but they just haven't had the time to work on it to the point where the graphics are at the level that some other games are. Again, it's a matter of emphasis.

Additionally, the main reason DirectX 11 games look better than DirectX 9 & 10 is mostly due to the system resources of various computers. Try running the latest DirectX 11 games on a system that was released when DirectX 9 was the big thing. Wait... you can't? Why not? Oh wait, I forgot to mention, the hardware is 10 years old. That was when the recommended processor for running Windows XP (note, recommended, NOT minimum) was 300 MHz, and the recommended amount of RAM was 128 MB. Developers these days have a lot more resources to work with, and therefore, the games look much better.

Also, if you don't mind, please stop calling physics "physix"... It's confusing since there is a product on the market called "PhysX" and I keep thinking of that. It's only one additional letter, so it shouldn't be so difficult to write out "physics".

With regards to RF2 going gold... I'm just super excited for the inclusion of that AMG pace car and the Corvette! :D I hope that's coming soon. :)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I just refer to my previous response. That thread was pretty clear.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

6. 88mphTim

Not once has "everything changed" yet. I am fairly confident it never will be that big of an impact from update to update. Modders are releasing content just fine and have been for a long time now... The obstacles aren't as huge as it sounds you think... :(

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Maybe better to ask why forum engine does NOT include PHYSX in a dictionary along with Nvidia and ATi .... and 100 others......

Seems logical to me for a forum that contains hardware section.

lol

8. 88mphTim

The first part, what's the question? Modders need advice on what not to work on? Please expand.

Second: June 2014 would be your first renewal if you purchased before today. So you have the whole beta and up to 2.5 years for your first year.

9. 88mphTim

You're paying for multiplayer today? Who said that, too?

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thank you Tim for taking the time.

You somehow have answered the first part of my question in saying that the upcoming/ongoing changes to the software will not have a big impact on the mods that are in development or are going to be developed. I hope this is enough to keep mod-groups around rfactor2. Or to give them a green flag to start their work...

11. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Seeing these reactions makes me wonder how people react when their girlfirend (or boyfriend or significant other) changes their hairstyle. I can only imagine the responses:

1) What happened to all the functionality of the previous hair style? It doesn't work for me now.
    2) I have the latest version of eyes and it just looks like crap.
    3) I have been paying for dinners all this time with the promise of (you fill in the blank here) and now you are telling me it is going to take longer. You are so far from being finished I cannot believe it.
    4) I know you said you were a work in progress, but da$$it I expect you to be at you prettiest and highest earning potential right now. I don't care that life keeps throwing curves at you - just get yourself completed so I can stay up night after night with just you and my joystick (who would refer to a body part as a steering wheel).

1 person likes this.
  12. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Big. Lol.lol.lol

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm pretty sure that ISI know what they are doing! They know that this project is only at the beginning of a long journey! They know that this project needs a lot of improvments from the tires model,graphics aspect,performance and and.....!
    I have spent and invested a lot of money to make my new cockpit, only and exclusively for rFactor 2 and I'm sure that ISI will not disappoint my expectations!
    For me you can call it rF2 beta,rFactor 2.......I just want that this SIM gets better, build after build!:):)

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

um er ahh...you did mate

just because i prepaid for it 12 months ago in effect im paying for it from today

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey Nelson to me the majority is just cautious. Trying to find out what those small changes mean to them and if they have understood it properly. Nothing bad at all and as soon as everything has been asked and answered we/they move on.

For instance: Mad_king has a different view on a non beta game as Tim has. So as happened, you talk about it until it is synced. At least this is what I know of such things in communication... :p

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I was thinking no worth a reply to post #74, but i have not problem, if Seth wishes a my reply, to write my opinion.

First, seeing it is a post at page #4, i quote it here

My humble and honest opinion: talking of the Multiplayer Demo Test is instrumental.
    Multiplayer Demo Test offered a single track layout and a single car.
    Multiplayer Demo Test had limitations (for instance in the daylight, missing the night)
    Multiplayer Demo Test had a technology far behind rF v1020, beeing released about 10 months earlier than rF v1020.

Multiplayer Demo Test purpose was to test the new online code after the parting between EA Sports and ISI, nothing more, and i am 100% sure that Mad King, beeing a modder, understands very well how is easier to build a basic product oriented to a single task, with limited features etc.

That is why i think to an instrumental point, but it is fine seen we all are passionate and discussing about a "loved" project (love and rationality are two different cups of tea) :).

About the other points made by Mad King i agree with him in almost all the points.

But at the same time i think to a misunderstanding: we all want a mature game, but looking to rF such maturity required about 3 years, from v1020 to v1255.

ISI team is small (but with huge talent) and rF2 is an ambitious project, with an unique set of innovative features (RealRoad+Dynamic weather+24h cycle+advanced tire model etc).
    Furthermore soon or later i guess ISI will wish to commercialize the software.

Now, gold (say for gold the time when ISI will start the commercialization of rF2) is only a marketing label, the development will continue for years and actually i missed, in my previous post, the only difference it makes for us testers: the yearly purchase of the multiplayer availability, which will start i guess with the first "gold", for the users who not purchased the Lifetime license.

Out of this difference, nothing changes in my opinion: the development will continue after the "first gold".
    Say, a difference actually might be that when the software will be commercialized, probably we will have more people purchasing the sim and joining the multiplayer lobby!

Other than that, we all wish a mature game soon as possible, but the good things require time and i dont see nothing against a gradual improvement, with no care about the marketing policy of ISI. :)

17. 88mphTim

Can you clarify for me how you're paying you're yearly payment now, 18 months from when you'll have to pay it, after using without paying for it for a year?

By the time you pay for the first time, it will be June 2014, that is 2.5 years free. And that'll be $12. Yes, we're talking about $12. If you save $1 per month, you'll have $6 left over by the time you need to use it.

So I'm still not quite seeing how you're currently paying your yearly payment...

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Me too. I pissed my pants laughing so hard at this and even gave some rep. Give it back! Lol

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Man it's amazing how dense all of you are! And Tim You should be ashamed of leading these people on. Just tell the dummies this is all because Pixsim released a mod so now modders have no excuses for not developing.

20. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

While your on here, it has been mentioned that there will be an overhaul of how suspension animations are done, to allow better and more varied suspension setups that look more realistic, any news on that (has it been included but no documentation done)? Also, damage and all of the shader effects that go along with it. Add to that the undershadow of the car, hows that coming along? Lastly, why isnt L. adding wheel blurs to the latest cars? is there something in the works there?