A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

As you can see, I've made a few changes to the forums, where things are, etc. I think it should be more workable, just take a look around if you cannot find something. I'm also not finished, you'll see forums for each car, etc.

I am also in the process of moving information to the rfactor.net site and off the forum. This means quite soon the forum won't be the 'purchase location' as it has been.

We have also reduced the refund window to 30 days. Obviously we'll work with those who just purchased on the basis they would have two months if the need arises.

EDIT: We have also decided to end the 'free' online usage period for testers in June, 2014. This means those who purchased the standard version with the yearly renewal, prior to today, will renew then. Those who purchase the standard version after today will have to renew yearly, starting January 2014.

Thanks,

Tim.

2. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that gold might be closer than we think?

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

At the beggining there is no time to refund and estimate 6 months until gold.
    After that the 2 months refund policy. And then gold became to a mystery. Now it changes again to worse scenario than before.
    I wonder what will be taken in near future of the first statements when beta was released.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Oh, this all seems to me that you guys are getting close to gold! Don't want to create hype or anything but just saying out my feelings. Let's still keep our heads cool - it's ready when it's ready. :)

5. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

yeah no mention of "bata" or bug reporting forums. although tim did say he wasn't finished yet

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think you guys are reading too much into this.

7. 88mphTim

Open Technical Support, then Bug Reports are there. Trying to get some separation between bugs and just general questions, which people still have, and should have. :)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

rFactor 2 goes Gold with uncompleted tires model,uncompleted graphics,uncompleted wet physics,no support for triple screen,no support for clutch,uncompleted shaders,uncompleted multiplayer,uncompleted replay.. and and and...............!
    rF2 is far from to be gold!No way!

9. spider19462000

Well, thats me put in my place,,lol:(

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I don't think it is just around the corner. However, I do think it is closer then most people seem to think. I just got the strange feeling that in the builds we get, ISI doesn't include everything..... I think there will come a time where all of the sudden all pieces suddenly seem to fall together ;)

11. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I agree with CdnRacer + wajdi, ISI are just keeping to their trend of continuous improvement (albeit not seemingly at a very quick pace, but who knows what they have going on in the background).
    And as for all this talk about 'ooh maybe the game will be released soon', what does it matter, we can still play it wether its in beta or gold, it seems to me that there its much room for improvement UI wise at the moment so I'd rather wait till its done properly.
    In the mean time we'll keep on racing!

edit: I hope they are including everything in the builds they release, i don't know anything about these things but I would think that if they weren't then it would slow things down overall having to keep updating both a public build and internal one.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

I`d say we are still a bit away from gold but it may well be sooner than people think, I think Nimugp may be onto something.

Than again it`ll be ready when it`s ready. :)

13. spider19462000

Thats all i said,,lol;)

14. 88mphTim

The last company I worked for had pretty much that same list, and still has quite a few of them, being behind rF2 IMHO in quite a few areas even now. Maybe my perspective is different to yours on what this is. I think a little advice would be to lighten up, frankly.

15. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Sorry I don't quite fully understand your message Tim. Are you saying that ISI will be happy to release before it is ready? I think rF2 beta is not ready yet interface wise and would prefer to wait till it is, although I do think wajdi's list is not entirely accurate.

16. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

rF2 will not be gold until the "race" betwen Asseto Corsa and PCars shows something like "we will start selling now".
    Than rF2 will show us some good things based on what was NOT implemented into the others 2 sims.

17. 88mphTim

No, his list isn't accurate at all. But I'm not sure what difference moving the forum around and changing the purchase place to the Web site is really having on you folks, either...

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I know that ISI will continue to support rF2, even after it goes gold and I have faith in you, but that is me! not sure about the others!

19. spider19462000

Sorry Tim,,my fault

20. smithaz

smithaz Registered

It seems the subject was quickly changed to rfactor2 software and its release.