Bahrain by mandeglor(WIP).

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Way to go wadji! Beautiful track!

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yeah, I think something's not quite right here. I'm all for bumps but this braking zone is more than that.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My thoughts too.

4. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

As far as the bumps go I don't think McNolo had anything to do with that. I remember the original rF1 version had those present as well so I gather they were part if the mesh. The 2 sections in question are very bumpy in real life. The GT section was used by the F1 guys one year but abandoned after that because of being too bumpy. That's probably why the WEC guys didn't use it for the 6hr either. The second section, braking zone before the last turn, is affected by the main access road to the inside of the track.

Now I've never been to Bahrain let alone driven on it so I can't say if its TOO bumpy. Personally I've raced at the rF1 version quite a bit and always hated that most guys would just brake like hell, tires smoking, into the last turn. With the rF2 tire model that section takes on a whole new meaning. Do you brake a little early and save your tires? Or do you late brake, possibly getting flat spots, to get that fast lap time. Sounds like fun ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Hm, ok...didn't know it was that bad IRL.
    But still, if McNolo refined the Mesh of the Track, to get Realroad working, but didn't move any of the vertices (i.e. smoothing) the bumpiness is now worse than in rf1, because the smoothing algorithm of rf now smoothes the bump in a shorter distance, compared to rf1 (does it work like that!? :confused: it's a long time since i last read some thread about this)

6. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Gave it a run in the EGT Darche yesterday. I really enjoyed it, though I think it may be a bit narrow? Seems a bit tight for an F1 track. None the less, for those speculating on a download, here's a quick video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsc97ja_u8

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Been enjoying this track

What sort of times are people getting using the ISI F1's ?

(I can host if enough interest ....after my snowboarding holiday)

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

McNolo, Thank you for this wonderful work! Totally enjoying driving this in rF2. The details around the circuit are great.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, McNolo, thanks for a good conversion. Setting sun really brings out the highlights. Nightracing is good here. Crowd animations are a nice touch!

The niggly details:
    Jumbotron doesn't seem to work. It appears to be a blackhole showing reflections from something like a random wingman view of the car. And I wish for more polygons on the tighter turns and a longer draw distance so the landscape beyond the track doesn't "pop in" when you're on the far side of the endurance course.

10. Balles

Balles Registered

Great work ! It would be near perfect if the last straight before the last turn wasn't so bumpy. It's like montains in my motion rig, a bit too much imho. Already love this conversion anyway.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This conversion is a happy surprise, only thing I can bring up is rounding the square fences and corners we have like Pleclair did with Nurby and it made a huge difference :).

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

This is a really great track. Stunning, actually. The hard work put into this over many months shows. Excellent.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
  13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great track, looks decent and it's a fun layout. But am I the only one having serious performance issues with this track...? like 40-50 fps at start grid with 14 AI's and it feels like 10 fps. Even when driving alone I have fps drops on several parts of track. I have fps capped to 90 and sometimes it drops to 70 and then I have lag/stutter. Compare to ISI's Silverstone, 70+ fps at start grid and smooth. GPU usage and memory usage looks the same for both tracks. Doesn't matter if I turn off SLI, still unplayable. (gtx 690 and 334.89 drivers)

14. Magus

Magus Registered

It's the same for me using 680's in Sli with multiview. Lovely looking track but can't really race on it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Things got much better when updating from 334.89 to 335.23 drivers. No more fps drops and lag like before, but still low fps compared to other tracks (45 fps at start grid with 14 AI's).

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

will there be any updates for this really nice track ?

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m a bit late to this party but many thanks for the track McNolo...

:)

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

interesting, my GPU kept crashing on those new drivers!!

19. Alesi

Alesi Registered

as always pure asphalt texture, and grass

[​IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/53153983@N03/13622366035/

this how it should likes like!

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just tried this and it is sensational. Beautifully made. Looks magnificent.