Bahrain by mandeglor(WIP).

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Very big thank you McNolo :) and very big thank you too Spaskis for all you do for the community rFactor 2 :)

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Fantastic track top quality and very good performance (FPS).
    Had only one our time today and it was extrem hard to leave my rig and Bahrein :D
    Many thanks for the public release :)

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Absolute magic! Thank you very much for all the hard work. If was to be super fussy and give any constructive criticism it would be regarding the curbs a track lines. IMO they could do with a touch more pollies as the can be a little like an octagon/decagon in areas..

Again tip top!

4. stonec

stonec Registered

This is a very good conversion indeed, well done! I especially like the DRS zones and how they follow F1 2013 rules. Only thing I miss is a preset realroad. I hope mcnolo would continue work and convert other F1 tracks from rF to rF2 (Melbourne, Montreal, etc...). There is a big need for those.

This is absolutely nothing against the modders, as most do a nice job, especially the mod groups. But there are also many 5-minute conversion tracks from rF to rF2, which makes rF2 look bad. No realroad, no DRS zones, colors not tuned to HDR, poor realroad texture used, poor geometry etc. It does take a bit work but tracks can be made look excellent in rF2.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Quoted for truth:

:)

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Thanks. ;-)

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A great addition to the small rf2 track pool (decent tracks), the different configurations is like a small track package too!

A big thanks

P.s wonder if Mcnolo still reads here?

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

In case he does - THANK YOU !! :)

9. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I hope he does read this thread, a fine addition to the slowly growing list of must have tracks. Many thanks.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yeah, pretty big THANKS to McNolo for this great track! :)

Like Mingmong I think number of polys could be improved on some part of the tracks as it make the road kind of hard on some part (mainly curbs). I feel it in my wheel.

This apart, great track for sure :)

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The braking zone for the last corner is brutally bumpy.

Also agree that more detail on the curb models would be nice.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

At one conversion per year...

The lesson here is that quality takes time. People decide if it's worth the wait. Unless there are a lot of mcnolo's who come out of the woodwork, we won't have to many top quality tracks like this one.

13. gneffio

gneffio Registered

some one has those strange effects too? i had it before on other tracks, but here is massive and i also have a bad fps overall.... :( amd user here, the new build gave me a little boost as well the new silverstone, but here it's not that good

Maybe road reflections?
    [​IMG]

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  15. jayblue

jayblue Registered

I have exactly the same issues with the strange black blocks at the side of the road. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

FPS is actually pretty great for me on this track however, even though i am using an AMD card.

16. jomaho

jomaho Registered

I have an AMD 7970 and had black artifacts around most all tracks. Turned road reflections off but left environmental reflections on and it fixed that problem. But, this looks different with solid blocks.

17. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Also the tight section in the GT-Layout is super bumpy. It feels like the first versions of pleclairs nordschleife, prior to the smoothing process.
    Please McNolo, your track looks awesome and i love the layout. But the lack of smootheness on the surface just doesn't seem to fit a modern F1-circuit.

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Doesn't really matter how 'modern' they are... Shanghai and Bahrain GP circuits are equally old, look at the surface in the braking areas at Shanghai, they're quite bumpy in places... Bahrain is not silky smooth either, but it is probably too much ingame, I admit I haven't tested it... Just pointing out that soil sets on 'modern' tracks too.

19. pas74

pas74 Registered

everthyng is ok just the real road reflection seems to be deactivated....it doesn' reflect the light of the sun .......

20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

The "bumpiness" in that one braking zone is more like a jump, with a sharp edge like the ramp at historic monaco. And at one place of the GT-Layout you also completely loose contact to the ground and fly off the track, if you are not prepared.