Please sign my petition for ISI to include a realistic clutch option in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Again - you've already had an answer. Why are you still trying to persuade us to do it, when I said we're going to?

You've missed the bit where I actually said that change.org is about serious issues in society. I'm not really concerned about their servers...

Petitions are normally closed when there is an answer or a resolution. Instead, I'm still getting SPAMMED by it, after you assigned my email to the petition without my permission.

I'm still unsure why there wasn't just a thread posted in here "can we get an official response on a realistic clutch" instead. If we can't give you an answer, we'll usually tell you, if we can, we'll usually tell you. Frankly, this whole process has seemed a little weird, and the emails I am getting from a petition about something I have already addresses (with no option to remove myself) is really starting to irritate me.

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I signed it and I'm sorry Tim. I did not realise what it was or how it would effect you.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Sorry, I didn't know they'd email you every time it was signed. I closed out the petition. We have had several threads about this very subject, there's one from last February even and a very active thread from early December. A quick search turned up others too. Anyway, sorry to spam you with that, it's closed now.

I made the petition because the handful of threads made about this subject- in the wishlist and other sections- went unanswered. Now we have an answer, so thank you for your response.

4. kkacper

kkacper Registered

I can't wait to try this, well do whatever you have to first then and do it as soon as possible. One of the few things I always missed is realistic manual gearbox in rFactor. I always enjoyed the gearbox model in lfs and would just love to have in in rF. Also I never, and I mean never use autoclutch in racing cars, it's actually unrealistic in any car unless we're talking typical production automatics. Any formula had a clutch, F1 , GP2, F2, FR3.5 etc. It's usually a paddle but it's possible to stall it as much as any manual car, even if you look at any onboard of a GT car with a sequential you can find a clutch pedal ;) . Anyway that's me and I can't wait until ISI has some new updates/content for us, each one seems to get better and better ;)

5. 88mphTim

It's stopped now, thanks. I guess it's probably the best way to get some of the people change.org is trying to effect to answer. lol

No problem, maybe the 'tone' of my last post came across harder than I meant it to. With those other threads, I probably wasn't in a position to answer... I answer when I can, don't be afraid to ask here, even if you've asked a few times before.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I honestly thought they'd send 1 email when it reached 100 signatures! :eek:

Anyway, sorry again. I am really looking forward to driving the Lola T280 with the realistic clutch option one day.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1!

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Somehow the entire driveline in rfactor feels too simplified and digital, not only the clutch but the motor aswell. Although it seems to have been improved in rf2 it still isnt close to as good as the actual driving physics.

9. 88mphTim

The engines of th ecars should feel a LOT better in rF2 than in rF1, there was a lot of change there.

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Might be a little off topic, but suit somehow.
    What i miss not only at rFactor2 but all other racingsims out there, is some "space" in the drive train.

Let me explain, on real cars gearboxes and differentials, where gearwheels fit together there is some space, because of mechanical tolerances.
    As a result, if you accelerating and then go off throttle, the transition to drag torque is much more sudden with this space then without.

Not a big thing and it doesnd make driving more easy, but brings additional immersion and realism.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Arnao right now is converting the GP79 mod from rF1. He has 2 options for the gearbox as upgrades for the car. One is a gearbox for sequential shifting, and one is a gearbox for h-pattern shifters. The options changes the shifting and clutch timings and makes a subtle but important difference in the way the car feels when shifting. I think it is a peak into what rF2 will be capable of.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, they do feel better that rf1.

Question, did the Clio build (or maybe just the Clio physics themselves) bring further improvements to the engine/motor modeling or is it just all in my head?

13. Diablo

Diablo Registered

This post was deleted. Should have read the thread beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

+1 for realistic clutch!

I got my H- and sequential-shifter yesterday. I didn't know that rfactor2 doesn't have a realistic clutch simulation. I somehow assumed that since rf2 is a sim racer and not an arcade racer and rf2 is so excellent in all other simulation aspects. Especially driving the historic formula feels very strange that not using the clutch doesn't have any influence and this ruins the immersion!

The R8 gordini mod got may favorite mod now, you really have to use the clutch properly with this mod. :)

Edit: after some further tests: "doesn't have any influence" is a bit exaggerated

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  15. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

Signed!

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

So rF2 went gold without a proper clutch simulation. I'm disapointed.

17. Helldriver

Helldriver Registered

*sign*

It takes way too long from the time i hit the engine starter button until the engine is really on and revs up.
    During this time i have to keep my clutch pressed at 100%, because the starting procedure interupts, when i release it only a few millimeters. That´s far from realistic. When i forgot to press the clutch pedal while starting a real car with a gear in, the car moves forward and the engine starts up.

That happens for me with my G27 and i had same behavior with my G25. All helps off.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I agree about the starter thing. I wish if the clutch wasn't all the way in, the car would lurch forward. Also, if the starter is engaged while the engine is running, you hear that awful noise too

19. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

20. jomardi

jomardi Registered

To be honest, not even for a moment doubted. always thought that this is still beta, and everything will be OK.