Please sign my petition for ISI to include a realistic clutch option in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Luc1gnol0

Luc1gnol0 Registered

signed!!!

2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Signed

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We've never actually said we wouldn't be doing... :)

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Though I am in favour I think a site like change.org is purposed for more serious problems.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

just making sure you folks bloody well don't forget that! LOL! jk ofc :p

6. clock

clock Registered

i dont signed, because i dont trust on that place having my personal name, and email wich could sell to companies and spam...

But i'm agree we need a realistic clutch on rfactor2....it give the simulation to another level, i remember with smile my missing gears change while playing in LFS for hours because i push the pedal so short time or because it get so hot...

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

thanks for the support of all who signed. Please spread the word. This petition is to let ISI know that this is an important issue for us, not to cause problems. This is not a complaint, but this is one step higher than a simple thread in the Wishlist section. The option of having the current options- Auto and Manual are OK, we are simply asking for a third, better option. A petition puts a number behind the request- a number of drivers who feel strongly about this.

8. osella

osella Registered

I haven't heard about change.org before but it looks trustworthy, I wouldn't be scared but in case anyone is you can always enter fake details to just sign it..

9. JGraf

JGraf Registered

things that make ya go humm...
    i'm sitting in developer mode piddling around with the hud editor, as several AI were making laps, and out of the corner of my eye, in the message center pops up this "AI Driver NAME = Transmission Stuck"
    first time i ever seen that!
    it made me think of this topic.

10. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

You all realize a driver with the proper skills could do a whole race only using the clutch for the start right? They even talk about it in that skip barber video posted in another thread.

If ISI is going to model the clutch the way y'all think is proper, then I hope they also model it so you can switch without it, using proper rev matching, just like irl.

11. mschrad2

mschrad2 Registered

Signed

12. osella

osella Registered

Thanks for telling us, none of had no idea how it actually works /irony :)

I believe it is automatically assumed that if proper shifting mechanism are implemented you will be able to shift clutchless if you know how. The grinding tranny mod for rF1 does it well, I usually upshift clutchless, but can't really do it downshifting...

13. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I'm interested to see how ISI would implement something like this. I never liked the grinding tranny mod in rF1, and iRacing's transmission model leaves a lot to be desired. Even with both of those examples, you could short calibrate your clutch, and then never have to worry about missing a shift. What we need is an FFB Hgate shifter, that wouldn't let you change to the next gear unless everything was right.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Having to turn off aids to drive and race cars with horns.

Should I go on........

lol ;)

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Change.org is normally used by people to petition serious issues. One I signed there, a son in a family had died, and his father (who co-signed) had to come out of retirement as an old man to pay his dead sons debt. The petition allowed the family to get enough attention that the bank wrote off the debt.

Those are the kind of things I expect to see petitioned. I frankly think this thread would have been enough to get information out of us, and oh look, it did. See my response above. :)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would say yes if I would have H-shifter, but with paddles...no. I know that auto-clutch could still be enabled, but even now all the servers have all aids, that have some signifigance, off. I will change my mind when I have better gear :D

17. osella

osella Registered

Sure that would be ideal but that's problem of the hardware, no pluging can do anything about this. It doesn't look like FFB shifters are going to be mass produced anytime soon so how would you like to do it.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

As long as you don`t say tomorrow you aren`t doing it... ;)

19. Jason Kinchington

Jason Kinchington Registered

Nice to hear as I only put a post about it the other day:)

Also will it be a auto clutch for the f3.5 as they don't seem to start after they stalled lol

Cheers

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If a car doesn't have an onboard starter, you won't be able to restart it on track.