GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Maybe it causes the black screen, but I still have black flickering ground even with HDR off.

2. jepeto

jepeto Registered

michelle mouton has said that this moment of formula One was the best of all. A wall was a wall, and a track, a track. No affubulation, no ventriculation to arrive before the other. I 'm agreed.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This is one of the greatest mods in rFactor 1 history, and is even much better with rF2 physics. Is this still being worked on??!!! Is this the latest version?

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

This is the latest version. Two cars with updated cockpits (Tyrell and Lotus). All cars have chassis flex (AFAIK). But it's probably not being worked on anymore... I think the flickering black screen issue with the new cockpits killed the motivation when it could not be solved. But you're right, it's a wonderful mod and I still drive the Tyrell sometimes and I've found a seat position where I haven't seen a black screen in months (still see it on replays though).

But I think it's everone's wish that this mod would work flawlessly (even ISI), so if modder arnao and zonder (or anyone else really) would like to finish it I'm sure this black screen issue could be solved with help from experienced modder or ISI staff who knows what could possibly cause it (it's definitely something in the new cockpit, that's for sure). Btw I've heard that the new road car Corvettes have some black screens too... could be the same issue?

This mod would be perfect for SR4L's next season as we have done all 60's formulas and a 70's car would be the perfect step.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Got it solved once (and lost the mod after reïnstalling windows) but al you had to do, was ask, you know that right? ;)

6. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Er,please will you fix up this mod?
    :p

7. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I would love to see this mod given the final touches it deserves.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What do you mean? :confused: :p

Anyway.. If you really have the solution to the black screen you should definitely share this knowledge with the modders or ask for permission to fix it.
    This problem should not be fixed only so we can use the mod at SR4L but so everyone can use it. It's definitely holding people back from driving it.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The Corvette has the black screen flicker, if that gets resolved the knowledge can be shared and the fix can be applied here.

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+100

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I offered to "adjust things" more than once on the SR4L forum and said many times: "just let me know". ;)

I can't remember very well how I did that and it wasn't easy, I remember that much.
    I did that for myself back than and to fix it for everyone, I have to see if I can get permission.

12. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Sorry Guys just have to says that I 've lost motivation for this cars... I was really happy with Zonder works but he, as I, took too mush time to debug something that can't be debug...I asked him some help and he gave me/you a lot of his time...
    So GP79 was stop about one years ago... No more time personnaly and Zonder got new job...
    I really hope to have some time to go futher but I will no more work on this alone.... Too much cars to work on...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why is the issue specific to these cars? Other than that issue this is amazing. The issue is so minor in the grand scheme of things :)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's so sad if this mod never gets the final touches it deserves. It's already such an epic piece of work.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Arnao, is the 0.43 version in the OP the absolute latest version of this mod?

16. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

Can you not just do it and issue an update?

Or do you need more information?

Or what?

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, there are more things to it; I need permission from the maker for starters.
    Second; it's going to take a while. Third; if I work on this, I want to make it proper.......

And that last one says a lot. I can't "just fix a problem".......I want to finish it of.
    No disrespect to the makers(!!!!) but I can see things were not finished and if I start working on this; I want to finish it too.
    And that's going to take A LOT of time........

Brings me to the last point; I "bumped my head" before on making or adjusting things; putting a lot of my time in and for almost nothing.
    I see guys like Spinelli and Hexagramme in the other topic giving me a hard time, calling me aggressive and I go of and make this mod (for others and) them??
    Most guys here rather see me leaving. Things I made, were downloaded but not even a "thank you".......

Sorry, I don't see the point.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

First you blame me for showing interest and trying to re-ignite old mods (including this one), and now you also have that to say?? Come on, man, just stop. We all want the same thing, great rFactor 2 mods. That's all. And i wouldn't rather see you leaving (as you put it), in fact I greatly appreciate any work you or any modder does.

Back to this mod. Is the only problem just the flickering with the Tyrell?

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I told you I could see your point and asked several times if you could see mine; you never answered to that......you just tried to justify over and over again and called me aggressive. I didn't blame you as I said: "I did see your point!", I got why you did that, but I would have done it differently.
    Right there! THATS why I don't feel motivated for picking this up.

But; "Is the only problem JUST the flickering with the Tyrell?" ........... Why don't you do it? Just one small problem........

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hhmmmm, just time to move on, I guess.