Essington Park by ~IsR~

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ~IsR~Barabba, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's foolish to say "keep close to original" when it means maintain shortcuts taken on the creation of the track, or human error. There's clamoring for some bumps due to how smooth the track is, but that smooth characteristic wouldn't allow for such crass bump to exist. Why be so smooth everywhere, regardless of the low-quality off-track bumps, and have that enormous flaw just before the braking point for some cars?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

not raced here yet but one way to maybe elimante this is to run AutoCalibrate and see if that helps them get through that area better and also set AI Mistakes to 0.0.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I used to edit these settings in the past but haven`t done it for a build or two.

I`ll experiment. :)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Finally got time for a quick 10lapper against the Meganes, love what you've done with the place looks great!

Constructive thoughts and of course just personal opinions:

- Like the new smooth surface but personal preference is to have tracks with a bit of "life" in them, would love you do release an "old" surface version where there's bumps and cracks and the RF2 FFB is made more worthy. Whilst smooth tracks are great and all that my preference is for tracks with life and this track feels lifeless to me.
    - The "Bump" by the alternate layout exit seems overdone and does'nt fit in with the rest of the track at all, whilst it was OK in the Megane I can imagine it'd be a bitch in some other cars. Could do with smoothing out.
    - AI are top notch (as known!), the "Bump" could cause different AI mods (as tjc says above) to lose control as it could be in their braking area thus making this section very difficult for them, not tested other mods as yet though.
    - Trees look ace certainly better than a lot of other tracks out there, but one small thing I noticed is the change in shading colour seems too much at late afternoon times (think my race was 4:30pm). Picking holes with this so ignore if you choose!
    - Anti-Aliasing of white lines/fences is certainly off putting but not a showstopper, could do with smoothing out/redoing/whatever it is that needs to be done.
    - Needs a few more Start Lights towards the back of the grid, started at the back in 24th spot and I could only just make out the lights so larger grids would have problems. There seems to be lots up front so maybe they need spacing out some more.
    - Did'nt see a Start/Finish line...unless I missed it, no biggy of course just a pedantic thing!

Overall in the quick race I did it looked fab, the AI is great (which is a major thing in my book for ANY community made track!), the FPS was solid and never went too low, the atmosphere (used default HDR profile) was terrific and it all brought the "love" of racing at Essington back to me from the RF1 days. If you could fix a few things here and there then I'm sure this track will become one of the most downloaded tracks ever for RF2, Great Work to all those involved and as ever Many Many Thanks :)

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Essington 1.04 is one of the very best tracks without HDR enabled. It sets up a good foundation for when rF2's lighting system is improved. The AI is mostly fine although it's overly cautious on the first corner and on the swooping right hander, but I have to say I prefer seeing them cars stay on track instead of fly off everywhere.

6. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I doubt there's much else that can be done about the AI unless ISI makes some changes. I ran some night races last night and really enjoyed the lighting on the front straight.

7. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Had a long go on this track online on the ISR server and I have to say this is one of my new favorites ! :D
    Compliments to all at IsR that work(ed) on this track, all I can say is that I hope there are more tracks like this one coming :rolleyes:

8. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Have much work to redo a lot of things was almost like making one from scratch.

For all who like the track can visit to my page mj-multimedia.net and use the "donate" button. ;)

This things takes time and lots of work.

9. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

+1

Babs:cool:

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

If you were on a ISR server then you have probably tried 1.03 (old) version because they are still using it. Haven't seen them using the new 1.04 yet...or am I missing something?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

"~IsR~Megane Essington Test" is running 1.04 and should be GetMod enabled.

12. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

New Megane Public Server Vmod is available @ Thread Vmod

Babs

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Done. Thank you for this amazing track!

14. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Thank you.

15. boblug

boblug Registered

just tried this one as well, great job Mario, really good update/conversion. Only thing is the bridge does not seem to be very dark underneath?

16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

All objects have original textures.
    To get better need textures changes and Ambient Occlusion maps.

But can add some vertex color to get a dark effect :)

17. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Very nicely detailed version,kudos to all involved ;)

18. boblug

boblug Registered

is there another link, the one on first page doesn't do anything. Using standard explorer 10

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Link to 1.04 is broken.

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered