Essington Park by ~IsR~

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ~IsR~Barabba, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not sure if the AIW system is good enough for rf2 if we want to have realistic AI behaviour. I post my impressions about it to explain my POV. I hope someone with better knowledege can correct my assumptions.

- AI tries to follow the fastline which I dont think it can be the same on every car. This can provoke some mods behaving better than others. For example in a fast chicane some cars will pass it full throttle while others would need to brake. These last ones will need a straighter path before the chicane to brake especially if they are unstable when breaking.
    - When accelerating some cars need to follow a straigher line to avoid spinning and that conditions the way the previous turn is taken to face the car towards the exit of the turn.

IMO the fast line concept is old fashioned or at least it should be somehow corrected to account for these kind of details. I dont have the solution but there is something written in the plr file since rf1 that sounds interesting but i dont think it is working nor in rf1 nor in rf2. It says something like Ai will try to improve its line for future use. Is this working ISI?
    Some time ago when creating tracks for rf1I used the AI to improve the fast line within BTB until i was happy with it. I could see that AI improved its performance during the session as time advanced. I used as well the track learning variable but it didnt seem to have any effect next time rf was run: same initial crappy times. It was frustating as well not to be able to change my own car AI strength when I pressed the tweaking to AI button.

I think a real track learning utility must be implemented with the possibility to save different settings depending on the car.

Putting track and vehicle into devmode to be able to edit the aiw file is very time consuming. I personally think that skip barber is not a reference for editing aiw. There is a post of how to put megane into dev mode. I think it would be of great help to have different car dev mode components unpackaged so that track modders could use at least isi cars to try to improve our fast lines within dev mode. For sure some of those will already have some cars. It would be nice if they could zip and upload and share with the community

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

2. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Definitely for the AI to be more realistic there would need to be an AIW for each mod.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That would be awesome, but would anyone do it?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep good points that I've stated before elsewhere (the need for seperate AIW for mods) but the upgrade in AIW (mainy to do with the Pit Lane/Straight connection as stated before) was'nt the only update requested for this track, it's a great conversion but it's not finished at all.
    The original converter in the original post simply does'nt want to know (messaged him, no response) which is a shame as it could be an even greater conversion. Hopefully he does come back to it one day, if not then hopefully someone else takes it on.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Aren't there more important conversions to worry about--like ones that ISI themselves aren't going to get around to eventually?!?!!? We'll have an official rF2 version of this track at some point.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:rolleyes:

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I returned to work at Essington, at this moment I'm working on parts of the track in terms of graphics.
    Then move on to the road surface, to increase sensations of driving.
    all WIP and also because certain things I have to learn them.

Babs:D

8. scott420247

scott420247 Registered

Great news Babs Thank you

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As said elsewhere thanks for this, are you doing the AIW as well? if not there's a couple of guys around here who seem aces at getting it right and hopefully they can help you out :)

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

if someone do the work AIW would be great for me.
    Also because this for the moment I have ever done.
    So if anyone wants to help me in this is welcome.
    Maybe you could explain better the problem,because we use only the track online.
    And if I remember correctly the problem was with some AI,right?

Babs:)

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

uggghhhhhh AIW you need a uni degree
    thx for all your work babs

12. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

This gives me a lot of courage :D;):)

Babs:cool:

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Looks like the left, right path (needed for formation lap and pace car situations) going all over the place. The corridors and the fast path seem ok. I will try to fix it.

14. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

thank you very much Tosch.
    I've already added your file Hdr and gbd, you sent me long ago.
    Maybe before publishing the track, you send it, so see if it needs more changes.
    Thx Again

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that's what I wrote about the AI before Babs/Tosch, cant remember any other glaring issues as not raced it for weeks, but would be happy to help test the AI out if you like, just shout :)

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Babs thank you for your continuing efforts on this track. This and Orchard Lake are two of my favorite tracks. Thanks again!

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Thx Marc, I will have a look at that. Just created new left right paths and maybe I will add a block path.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

np :) can only presume Block Path is as it says for the Blocking line the AI use? can't recall what they're like on this track, wont get a chance to play until later but I'll check it then.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Wowww..I didnt know that our IsR Babs is a modders too:)

20. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Perfect Mates.
    I continue in the development graph.
    Tosch you can take your time, because the work is long.
    Once we have everything ready, I can send two copies of the track at Tosch and Mark.
    So we have a test,and see if we still need some editing before releasing it officially.
    Thanks again for your availability.