[W.I.P.] Rally Cross - Need Help

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Ha3aP, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

All that relates to the chart I understand (except animation) but here I am in physics 0. So I ask for your help to find someone who will do physics - mod be released.

Just ask us to do feels3 rallycross version Croft ;)

[​IMG]

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ah, rally cross, this is interesting for me, you probably need to do some stuff from scratch when gravel physics are implemented, but it is good to start early.

One reason I'm interested from this is because of 1980 year in here:
    http://motorsportwinners.com/2011/12/fia-european-rallycross-championship/

http://nitweb5.nit.at/mp1/jnewetschny-nit-at/motorsport/rc810329/rc810329.htm

I have physics in pretty ok stage of this car, to make it rally cross car it would not take too much of work in terms of physics, only thing is that current graphics can't be used. I have rally cross motor for that too and also some data from 1980 championship car, so could perhaps make changes to make it match to that car with some kind of timetable.
    My car project is kind of open source project, anyone can contribute, anyone can use it as base for his mod, but current graphics are not allowed to use and current graphics are very ugly and I can't do graphics, so maybe you have interest to participate or perhaps interest to do your own mod with physics. Either way I could help with physics for that, sadly I have too much work now to be able to do physics from scratch for other cars.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6917-Volvo300-%28WIP%29

Anyway I look forward of your mod, even if this car is not fitting theme of your mod, some good rally cross tracks are something that rFactor 2 could use.

3. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Thank you!
    I am learning to work with graphics. Yesterday tried to convert the track in rF2. But without the physics of graphics no good :(

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can send you some files next week to transform that Cup Volvo to RallyCross Volvo in terms of physics, mostly bit more ride height, suspension travel and stronger engine, but I'm bit busy now so can do those next week, but here is some motors so you can get it go bit better. Evo motor is one they have used in rally cross ~10 years ago here.
    http://jtbo.pp.fi/tiedostot/rfactor/motors.zip

For real dirty edit to get more bump travel that car needs for rally cross usage, change from HDV file BumpTravel=-0.1 to BumpTravel=-0.05 from all four wheels. It will not be very realistic or hugely good, but better than cup car and might give bit better impression.

5. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Thank you!
    I can do for you archive to developer mode that would help you get to work with files of physics. I'm not in a hurry - the game release is still far :)

I myself tried to do physics - but it was bad :(

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Great to see somebody is doing Rally Cross. Had seen some races in Valkenswaard and Buxtehude (Estering) years ago (last races of Martin Schanche) and in my opinion it could be the best thing you can do in rF2. Online races in Rally Cross mode should be a blast.

7. Robby01

Robby01 Registered

jes thads wat i think too

rallycross is a mod i was hoping for cos i love those cars ripping up the tracks

wil folow this

8. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

scratch built 3d model?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This is a brilliant idea. Good job, keep at it, and this will be loved if it pulls thru to the rf2 tarmac standards.

10. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Why all the interest in the matter?

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ha3aP, here is rally cross add on to Volvo mod, put this to Volvo300\RHD\ folder and you should get new car, it is not ready yet and not accurate, I would need to make turbo motor for example, there are lot of data also that I don't have from the car, but it should at least be bit like rally cross car.

Use 900 degrees steering for maximum lock, if you use less steering, lower the lock to keep steering ratio same to have somewhat realistic experience.
    http://jtbo.pp.fi/tiedostot/rfactor/343RC.zip

Differential might be bit tall too, some other issues as well.

12. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

This is a complicated car, but very interesting!

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

14. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Bump!!...Any news on the RX Cars?

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Looks a very interesting project !

16. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Because this mod could be using illegal, unauthorized content.

I'm not saying it is, but people want to be careful about that kind of thing.

17. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

In his imageshack account, he has pics of some ripped content.

18. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

What you are honest, never used crack software or games?
    If not - fashion will not be! The more so because there is no one to finish physics.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well that attitude leaves me no choice but to close this and ask you not to post it here again.

It isn't a good idea to debate your honesty cracking software on a software developers forum..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.