T500rs Looseness help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Just got my t500rs today and I have one issue with it.
    Ive read people having similar issues, some call it loose some something else, but the point is that the wheel rocks at the with the steering column a millimeter or so.
    In my case it moves only in direction of top/bottom/vertical of the wheel, as in if I turn the wheel 90 degrees it moves then side ways if I wiggle it, and its as solid as anything can be without any issues to the direction of the wheel spokes (from side to side/horizontal of the wheel).

Solutions for some rocking/looseness I have found were to take the wheel off and make sure the screwes and the wheel itself are tightened properly, and one was to put threadtape on the "collar" part of the wheel before screwing it back on.

Since I have owned this one for only 7 hours, I wouldnt want to do anything rash and throw 400+e into the trash right away...
    Does anyone have experience of this who could tell me how tight I dare to tighten those tiny screwes and if theres any other options for my misfortune and how to turn that around? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Timmy, move me if you will. (no pun intended)

3. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

I'm not sure what way yours moves
    View attachment 5113
    min has a small bit if play thees ways(with a little force) but i don't think theirs any thing wrong with it. them little screws shouldn't need that much tightening, be careful.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Why are you wiggling it? :) If you wiggle it, I assume eventually you're going to make it worse... Mine wiggles too, and this is the first time I have ever tried to.

I'm thinking every T500 'wiggles' the difference is whether someone wiggles things or not. :)

5. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Mine wiggles, had it for 9 months, no problems. Good wheel.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The one I have the screws started to fall out lol

Gave it a good service & all fine now

The lock tight idea is a good one

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Girlfriend: Clearly you dont know him at all :rolleyes:

...Anyways, Im not that anal about it, was just wondering is there an easy solision or am I just gonna leave it alone.
    Sounds like leaving it alone would be the smart move, but now that I have made you a wiggler Timothy, can you stop wiggling it?

Girlfriend: Well hello there. ;)

...what does she mean? :confused:

I think I need to get her away from these forums asap.

Thanks all for the replies, seems like its what it is and if parts starts to fall out then I'll whipout the screwdriver and give it a little maintenance and back to the track. Working as intented, brings even more realism when you have to actually fix your "car" after heavy use.