ATI and NVIDIA updates

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by DurgeDriven, Dec 6, 2012.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only install driver.

Run driver extraction to a archive then cancel, delete all folders other then Display Driver and NV12.

I found if you do that it does not make errant folders on C:\ for the extras.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Alessandro Silva

Alessandro Silva Registered

Hello guys.

Well, reading comments and trying to find a better solution.
    My Rig is:
    i7 5930X - 32 Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz - GTX 980 SLi - SSD. ( 5760 X 1080 ).

With single card I was getting aroung 120 FPS max graphics, 15 visible cars, HDR on, about 98% GPU usage. Placed second card today and got same FPS, sometimes less, and around 65% GPU usage on both cards or less.

Tried to setup nVidia Inspector as some guys posted in another threads, but nothing. Tried rF2 stock setup on Inspector and tried Lego 2, but still the same.

Last nVidia driver, W10 64 bits, and all drivers updated. Does anyone has a clue?

Actually I tought that it would be able to get at least 30% more FPS in SLi, but no.

Thanks for the help in advance...

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Is it CPU usage or FPS you worry about.

If it is FPS Spinelli has done a big thread year back maybe ? on how to get good SLi scaling I thought ?

4. Alessandro Silva

Alessandro Silva Registered

Durge, actually it's both.
    I tought that more GPU usage more FPS right? But I just realize some shuttering wich I had a lot on iRacing and disappeared with SLi now, and I got a lot on rF2 with SLi.
    Anyway, yes I read all Spnelli thread about it and tried it, but no sucess. Really weird...

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I have memory loss :p ....... but think it was 3D vision you get the better scaling.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't install HD audio, GF Exp., or any of other weird things like Miracast audio or whatever. I only install the two 3D Vision things, PhysX, and Display/Graphics/Video drivers or whatever it's called. I also make sure to always checkmark the perform-clean-install button. Once the install is complete, I reboot my PC even if the driver install doesn't prompt me to do so.

I always use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). See my sig for slightly OCD'd video driver uninstall/install step-by-step instructions, lol.

It could be Windows 10, drivers, or both. I use 8.1 and drivers were/are 353.30 and scaling was very good in 2D (always been good in 3D).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So... are there any news regarding AMD drivers and performance? Haven't updated for quite some month now... using an older card here.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I read sn article explaining why a lot of the times Nvidia GPUs are faster than AMD...

It has to do with AMD cards being built more with parallelism in mind which is not as efficient for today's and yesteryears' systems and software because things can get bottlenecked quickly since most games/software and CPUs aren't great at multithreading. This is also the reason why AMD's GPUs hold a strong advantage over Nvidia's GPUs in full-on DX12 games; the paralellism of DX12, which makes it so efficient and powerful, goes hand-in-hand with AMD's parallelism-focus designed GPUs rather than Nvidia's serial-focus designed GPUs.

Basically, NVidia's cards - with their "serial" shaders (or whatever) - are better for DX11 since DX11 still relatively sucks at multithreading, paralellism, etc. while AMD's cards - with their asynchronous shaders, GCN 1.1/1.2, etc. - are better for DX12 since DX12 is such a leap forward in multithreading, paralellism, etc.

Nvidia's software (aka driver optimization) can only go so far in closing the gap; it's the hardware itself that needs a different design philosophy (which I'm betting will come with Nvidia's next line of GPUs, or the one after that at the latest).

The following articles explain it much better than me:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amds-...re-more-friendly-to-parallelism-than-maxwell/

http://www.redgamingtech.com/dx12-a...fer-analysis-amd-exclusive-interview-details/

If you google something like "amd better in dx12 parallelism" then you should get tons of articles and discussion-threads about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  11. Tony H

Tony H Banned

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

15. coops

coops Banned

any updates or improvements for rf2 in these new drivers ???????????????????
    if not why bother posting them without this info ???????????????
    seems like all updates are done for certain games these days not for actually improvement for all gaming or am i reading it all wrong ??????????

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT coops just FO !

?????????????????

sick of you ^%^&$^& whiners

17. coops

coops Banned

remember last time i spoke to you like that you made a complaint to ISI should i do the same ???????? no i won't because i'm not a whining child like you were ...

all i did was ask if it was worth my while to update i don't deserve to be treated the way you obviously don't like being treated.

next time get out of bed on the right side of bed.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah latest drivers with a GTX970 seem to keep improving, the other day with these I had 190fps Belgium carpark when I normally have 180+

Quality with no NVi is good enough too.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

your first post comes across as very whining with all the ?????????????? try asking reasonably in future then you won't get such an abrupt response! Durge does a great job of posting when Updates are available for Drivers, it's up to you to decide whether they are worth updating too or not.

20. coops

coops Banned

never complained about durge and his posts and keeping it up to date as i have done this b4 for him as well.
    i know its up to me if i would like to try them..
    MARC i expected better from you after reading so many of your posts considering you have always been willing to help and DURGE to. But no only more criticism i advise you both to wake up better in the morning or would you prefer i not wake up and ask ?'s that i don't know the answers to?
    in future i will read your crap and not ask a thing is that what you want from ppl that are not as talented as you to sit back not learn a thing and never ask ?'s
    thankyou both for nothing.