UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Some very good points in there, plus add to the fact that the Free mod maybe of a higher quality than the Paid one....then its a no brainer as to which you download! Also if you have to pay upfront then who will do that when an identical mod with real names is already released....not to mention possibly better than the Paid one, too many scenarios of "What Ifs?" for this project to succesfully work for me.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Woooooooooooo

LISTEN UP YOU PEANUTS ........

THAT IS ALL I SAID ever !@! LOL

if ISI support this I WANT MY MONEY BACK TIM

NOW !@!

ALL YOU HAVE IS PERSONAL ATTACK YOUR idea stinks IMO

hIT ME WITH -REPS FOR A OPINION YOU LAME ARSE HOSER ...whata loser u are

lmao

SHOVE YOUR PAID MODS WHERE THEY FIT

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Good Grief!

4. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

oh well....

i guess you tried really hard, but all i can say is: big tears, small brain.
    "They are responsible for it in every way." <=> no **** sherlock!
    Good trolling isn't just caps lock and exclamation mark spamming.
    a lot you to learn have still, young padawan.

let me show you how to do it:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOOOOOOOOOO! Its not a DTM mod, because the cars are called "bayro" and "aura".

This is easy! You would obviously go for the mod which had developing costs of $ 10.000, because this means the mod is automatically better!

Unfortunately you haven't payed much attention to what Ales wrote, but let me break it down for you, son....:
    Ales does it BECAUSE of the economical crisis!
    Don't you know that the global financial and economical crisis only affects UnitedRacingDesign and not the companies from which they don't buy the licenses and not the users which have to finance the mod?!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tim you support this you just said as much.

So you are okay that it will reduce the quality of the rooms on dedicated sever that I can run for no extra charge.

Why didn't you explain this a year ago ? I would have brought iracing instead.

So keep your paid mods on private un-announced servers I could not care less.

But MAK wants it both ways they want to make money and ream me for quality of time
    on dedicated servers .............when I paid the same they did.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You told me to stay off your threads
    That is not threatening me. ???? lopl
    Who made you lord and master. ? Well ! ? lopl

ffs lmao

7. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

pffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....
    BWAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA! :D

It's pretty senseless command, since he has no administrative power on this forum.
    But a threat??!? not really....

The mongoloid avatar fits very well...

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well you will never keep me out of his threads and as long as this bs keeps up I will keep it up.......

NOW THAT'S A THREAT lol

I love yo see you call bubbles that to his face or mine or anyone in a Canadian bar . lol

BRAVO !

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

@DD:at some point you should stop it!we have understood your point of view from a while,so there is no sense to remark it again and again and again!
    You don't like it?just leave it!!:)

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

PMR6 and DD have some thinking time for a few days. Please redirect the thread back towards the topic. Thanks.

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thats is i think the main problem. This could divide the community. Maybe some teams are now holdind back their works to see where this new kind of business go.
    And if starts to make good money, what guarantee that we still find good mods*(i will write free mods here but i think the concept of modding includes itself that free thing, otherwise its not a mod, its DLC because it´s downloadble, must be paid and to use this content you have to buy another software to works (rf2). And here is where ISI will get advantadge from this thing.

But, its a good thing at the end of the day? Well, while big companies doesn´t see people making money with their product disguised in new templates and strange names, all go ok. But how much time people think this will be last?

As i know from reading stuffs around here, big names in automotive industry doesn´t pay much attention to modding community and their brands being used but when gets commercial, things will change. More atention to all community and this certainly will affect who made this for hobby or whatever reason they do.

And about fidelity? Wich will be the best car on the grid? Or if, thinking as manufacturer of Ferrari as example, i only license this kind of "mod team" if they mask the horrible stability of my product (i´m just imagine this situation, keep this clear).
    And about quality? Not always paid is better, and look for all tracks released here for free and much of them better then ISI tracks (not including lrp). But feels, Tutle and others seems to me to do superb works hard to be beaten. Codemasters has F1 license but i´ve see better mods in driving quality then their titles.

Just some toughts.
    As always: sorry about my english

12. coops

coops Banned

^^^^^^^ very well said agree 100%
    my only problem is ppl now holding back on mods for $$$$$$$$ is not going to do rf2 any good at this early stage, i do agree if it is paid for its a dlc and that should only be done by ISI. just remember 1 thing not many mod friendly games out there as good as rf.

whats wrong with asking for donations to your modding group to keep the content coming im sure if FEELS has a donation section a lot of ppl would donate as he is at the top of the modding seen by rf2 players, Quality is what will get you donations and keep you continuing to mod, or just the fact you enjoy doing it and get pleasure from it.

if it is licenced then you have the right to charge.

13. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Umm...

Word of advice. If you are going to be modding and than trying to be the first to charge for that mod (no issue there, to me it was ALWAYS going to happen, always expected a 3rd party piece of software similair to what Mak has suggested) is ALWAYS going to result in negative feedback.

You need to grow some thick skin if you intend to do this properly.

You could have simply ignored comments instead of reacting to them.

Good luck champ, I think you will need it.

14. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

I'm just a simracer.

I aint paying anyone other than ISI, unless the modders are doing utterly amazing work, even then, maybe not.
    However I think it would be really cool if modders did get paid for their work, this be possibly from ad-supported mod downloads and and advertising on cars and on tracks.

15. 88mphTim

Most I have had contact with are waiting (holding back) for us to stop fiddling so much. ISI are going to have to rebuild most of our old tracks, for example Monaco, because of changes in recent builds. For a modder, this would be a pain. Although there's a couple who do. :)

16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

As in from scratch, or almost everything, or only update small portions??? Interested to know, but a complete noob in this area :p

17. 88mphTim

Resaving textures, modifying them, etc. We also need to add light rubber layers for each, hdr profiles for each, etc.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This is the greatest thread of all time. I am literally just sitting here complaining to myself how dead the forum is and BAM! I found the black hole thread sucking everyone's attention today and for good reason! This one thread is worth what I paid for rf2 and then some.

OK so allow me to summarize...

Rf1 = awesome and you get free mods

Rf2 = nirvana but a little more work so u pay for good stuff and well worth it

As I said before the key word is Kickstarter.

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i wish RSC was still around, the Hudson Kerr Skies thread back at the start of rF1 was almost identical to this and in the end i expect the same result will come of it...who says history never repeats :cool:

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

ISI needs to invest in system to distribute and protect dlc and charge a fee like apple to help pay for it. You're welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.