UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

well the people that have been around long enough know all the stories mate...good luck getting your 10,000 euros :cool:

2. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

:s
    isi....

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I reported the last posts, waiting for opinions of the the admins/moderators before to close it.

Now you know ... name calling and personal insults are not appreciated.

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I've deleted my posts. No point getting involved with such posters anyway so they're gone now.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Really Jim? Well thanks alot for sharing your personal problems here actually. The thread is about UnitedRacingDesign not about youre opinion about someone and you should respect that.

We should keep out of this thread any personal opinion and the Mak-corp progress on the mods or on the software. This thread is about UnitedRacingDesign and it should stay for it.
    Its meant for the news and progress on the cars we work on and for the support.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Yes Ales really...i have no problem at all with UnitedRacingDesign or that you want to get paid for your mods, in fact i think its great and wish you all the best...i do however have a problem with someone that wants 50,000 euro to provide 3rd party software that isnt made yet ,based on a beta that is nowhere near complete, and that someone has proven to be unreliable in the past, MakCorp released its business plan in this thread so i posted my opinions here,simple as that, there are people posting there concerns or opinions all over this forum about different companies whether they are good or bad and my posts are just the same...If Petros wants to take it personally thats his problem, it wasnt me that started the name calling

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Jim I know but we need to keep this here outside. Its still a business plan but all in one if you look you dont donate the money actually, you get something for it to. The amount you pay in secures you that you can still buy something for it. Its not so bad and its similar to one game that makes funding which secures progress.
    But overall lets keep that outside from here please.

It must be clear that UnitedRacindDesign works independently and this thread is about that team. Petros asked me if he can post hes news as they are related to us as partner on the idea but what we offer is our work and nobody elses.

The funding that Petros made is something we both talked about but main reason is to get the right software and it can be good for all of us. What numbers are there it should not interfer whit the idea. As i mentione what you "donate" you can use later. There is explained what if need for what but main thing needed is to get software, everything else that would come in would be to maybe hire more stuff and so on and as i sayed what you put inside you use later on.

8. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

A free mod/track, you can rip it
    A commercial game, you can rip it
    But a commercial mod/track, you can't rip it?

The hypocrisy is so beautiful

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

If your business plan and software is so good, you should be able to find funding/investors without 'Cloud' payments. I have problems with the general public throwing money at something that may never materialise or work properly.

Cloud= Free Credit with no accountabilty. IMO

If people are going to charge for 'mods' then surely licensing issues arise.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Youre right but again, nobody says you have to right? But please lets drop this our of this thread okey.

For the licensing ive made few posts about it and 3d art whatever is it a mod, 3ds max sceene only or some kinda 3d software format can allways be charged as 3d art but again we will be selling licensed content and fictional cars.

Will post more pics ingame from damage model tests, some ingame videos and animations shortly.

Btw as ISI did allready, if anybody wants can post here youre full name and country. I need some names for the drivers. Few will be used on T5 series and others on some other projects.

11. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

what a shame :/

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Our website was updated in video section whi some animated rendering of Aura T5 model www.unitedracingdesign.com

Here are some direct links to youtube channel

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've digested this idea over the past couple of days, my personal conclusions are of that "its been tried before and failed, why would it work now?". Whether you like it or not mods of yours will get ripped and freely shared throughout the community, not every sim racer is honest and pays up for what he/she downloads, even the honest ones probably have some sort of ripped software on their PC!

I'm very skeptical about the whole issue of Pay For Mods, the support post release, the continuing development of the mod etc. For me theres just too many scenarios that counter against the business model and I for one wont be parting with my money unless it does prove me wrong and becomes successful.

I wish you all the best but my personal opinion is that it will fail, good luck all the same.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

As you mentioned, not every simracer is honest which leaves you that since games exist people pirated games itself allready but there are allways people who apriciate the work of game developers and for years modders.
    As allways and all around the world people want to have stuff for free. I do it to but sometimes some thing are to expensive to be done for free or it takes to long for the comunity to be finished.
    Ive mentioned and explained few situations allready in my other posts.
    But you people need to check around what is it and what its offered. Its a product, not just a mod what some people say. Arent actually if we look steerings, game pads or what ever hardware a product beeing sold for existing product to modify youre experiense and have more fun whit it? Arent there gadgets and all sort of stuff for smart phones beeing sold as a MODIFICATION?
    Youre not really getting alot of stuff all around for free right except you pirate it right? In other forum ive posted and here about alcohol or cigaretes. You buy a product that you can use which even damanges youre health for those few hours of joy but you buy it and you have to buy it again, same product actually, every day and you dont mind. Tell me why do you all support all this companys around the world?
    But when a modder decided to offer you a product than youre all in the air? Its a shame actually that you have this kinda thinking. What exactly is wrong to support us to offer you more, do we steal, do we damage you healt? Do we offer you joy and fun? YES but no, those 5 euros for example are just something you cant do right? Probably to buy a pack of cigareted, 6pack of beer or a redbull is for sure better idea. Yeah let the modders do it for free, they have time and dont need to pay bills or we will just ripp it later, even better idea. Free mod or payable it doesnt mather actually but thats exactly why modding will die out, becase you all support this and once companys will ensure no cars or tracks can be ripped you will stay whit nothing else there than buying only games for each damn series you will want.
    Well what ever it is, we have people against this but we have people that support us and want our products as is a case on each game beein out or worked on and i mentione that we are aware that not all wont like this projects but for those not supporting really, do i need to care?

Im happy for those who support us and im happy if they have fun whit it and they enjoy it becase that is what we are doing!

We are not forcing anybody to buy it but have respect to those who want to buy it and want to enjoy it and have respect to what ever we do and for sure community should have more respect to all other modders and there work, free or payware!

I was doing mods for free and im happy people love it but just like on this people didnt like them eather, so what? Really, i cant force anybody to like something if he doesnt so dont complain so much and we can talk about this as much as we want and there wont be end to it.
    But a time in life comes when you need to decide what you want to do. I have a family and many other modders have it to. Some went to work for game developers, some freelance as what ever there knowledge allows them. I decided I want to offer community more than i could in past but whit everything around, alot more work needed i decided to go this way.
    I knew it will be hard but im holding on it and its my right to fight for my idea and for those who want to support is. Just becase few people have nothing better to do than complain all the time and destroying the community whit supporting all the ripped content i wont quit.

Go around, talk to modders beeing modding for time like i did or even more and you will find many that this isnt a bad idea and beeing aworded in this way to pay the bills, have fun whit the work we love why not? If we are good why shouldnt we charge for it, isnt our work worth something? We are people just like you and we to have to pay bills, why should allways we only work for free so you can enjoy it? So we should actually have a real job and do this to? Why cant we enjoy on something else in our free time and do this as real job? Or you would rather that any modder completly quits? Some here are complaining but never thinking about us to.
    Do you want a complete series in rf2 or what ever other game? Probably yes, are you prepared to wait years for it to be finished? Probably no cause for the price we offer you can get it sonner done, done in right quality. Its a product like rf2 that allows you to drive more diferent cars, tracks, complete racing series and we can offer you alot of that.

As i mentioned we will offer licensed content and fictional which will cover all sort of racing experience!

Cheers,
    Ales

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I for one would dream to earn my living and have fun at the same time, I really dont see any other issues on all above discussion, maybe some ordinary bitching here and there :)

All the best with your project, I beleive its doable, after all payware flying sims do it for years with success afaik, ripping or not.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

What about using Kickstarter to fund stuff that people want. They can put their money where their mouths are and get early releases or something like that. Also maybe there could be some symbol or indicator that someone has donated so they are more likely to do that? Scumbags aren't going to care about whether people know they didn't donate but peer pressure may illicit others too?

17. UnitedRacingDesign

Im not familiar actually whit those sites. I even didnt know about them before.
    The software will still need its time, what ever if the goal it reached or not so however the end result on that will be our cars will be sold and started on web shop. If that will go good we can stick whit that to but I do think that some software steam like for mods is good idea for all the mod, not just payware, free mods and everything could be controled there from news, updates...
    We will see how this will go. Oure priority right now is to get cars done and offer them over web shop.

@1959nikos thank you!

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, another kind of 'ripping' caused maker of Bob's track builder to stop development, some depression, etc. were caused because of that, but maybe that just don't count as it is not someone model, but instead some .exe and .dll files.

Here ripping content from commercial game is considered crime and here they go after 9 year old girls downloading single album illegally, so I guess soon is model ripper's turn.

"It does not matter if I only little bit", can't count how often that kind of thinking has lead to tragedy, smaller or bigger. It is problematic way of thinking and very deceiving as often there is no harm at all, or one will never know the harm, but there are reason why such thinking is considered problematic too.

Oh yes, Ales, I think Kickstarter works only if one happens to be in US, there were limitations, but of course there might be similar platforms other places too. It is quite good idea really. Crowd funding in general.

19. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

seems legit

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

That's what the indiegogo campaign is jtbo, the one here http://igg.me/p/291550

It was made with the agreement of various artists and studio's to include everything in one campaign. Maybe that's what our mistake was, we included everything in one campaign. For us, just getting the stage 1 money would be enough to make the initial software for everyone to see and then they could judge for themselves if they wanted to support it further.

The idea was that if we combined everything and we got more then what the software development costs were, that extra money could go to support the artists and their studios such as Ales and UnitedRacingDesigns. People misinterpreted the entire campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.