UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Is that confirmed for gold? Or just with the current release :)

Not trying to dump on the idea, I think its a great idea and am really interested to see how it is handled.

Like I said, watching with interest :)

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I should also point out that you should also take another thing into consideration. Mod groups will be free to also add their mods to the system and players can download it for free via the system and run it for free. Those mods can also have trial versions of a one car trial for people to download a smaller package to try. This would help mod groups, track developers from seeing people rip their work as the files would be encrypted.

So this system is not only for payware, it is for normal modding too, its just normal mods which represent a real life series cannot be sold for any money, they will be free to download, and we won't charge the mod groups or the registered users for hosting them on our high speed servers or for downloading them through our software.

Its all about providing a software that will allow you to manage all your mods and products (those submitted for inclusion to the software by modders) easier without having to worry so much yourself. There will be an ingame mod editing interface to change physics or add skins and so on so that you can continue to customize the mod to your liking as many people do currently when they download mods.

We will be announcing our cloud funding project on indiegogo within the next 24 hours and you will be able to read more about the software, what it does, what you can expect. For many people, a multi-game mod management software would make things so much easier.

Not to mention each product free or pay for will link to the developers/modders website to help promote them more and raise more attention within the community on the many different artists and developers and modders that exist. If modding is to grow, we all need to do our part to support it.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

View attachment 5048

4. FatCity

FatCity Registered

What is wrong with that? How many people do you see in RF1 now running a Howson or Hammer league. Of course people want to run the cars they just saw on TV, thats what attracts them to MotorSport and SimRacing in the 1st place.
    Even " Flight simmers, which are forever mentioned when someone is talking about pay as you go mods " want to fly real planes, not wooden boxes with rubber band propellers and cardboard wings.

I personally , as some one has said, want to know that the mod I may be forking out money for is extremely good in all facets, not just looks good and goes fast.

Petros Mak says that they are looking at tracks but they take thousands of hours to do, why dont cars take this much time if they are done properly, how can they be realistic if not done properly, looking good and going fast , just means arcadish to me.

I think that Aless and co will find their niche market, but I,d like 1 cent for every single RF2 user that wont buy mods.

Good luck.

Maybe they'd be better doing a Reiza and produce their own game, that way no one could convert it for RF2.....................:rolleyes:

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Cloud funding has started and project information can be found here. http://igg.me/p/291550/x/331565

We look forward to producing this and acquiring the support from the community.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I think Tim posted once that some files will stay locked as it is demanded by teams or manufacturer so the mas locking options will stay for rf2.

For the physics other guys asking here.
    We will try to make physics as real as posibile that means to try to get some real car data to implent it inside to offcourse not just our own fictional ideas.

But overall as a modder I allways wanted to make physics as fun as posibile to. We have to admint that even if game is a complete sim we still have alot of ussers not able to get the right hardware for it. We want to support as hard simmers so as the weekend players and offcourse leagues.
    But we do want that a game pad usser can take atleast try to fight whit a guy having a custom steering wheel or even complete sim rig.
    As every mod was diferent in the past we want overall satisfaction and not just directly only hardcore sim racers or only weekend fun players. This is allways a hard deal to make and that doesnt make us friendy for all the community and we are aware of that.

Every mod in past was for somebody good and for somebody bad, eather grafical aspect, physical or sounds and that will never change and this will not change.

For some others to please them, before we made announcment on this way we approach, I personally contacted ISI weeks ago and ive asked them for opinion about payware mods and how they look about it and for surprise on some here they thought about it to and they didnt mind we take this approach.

We have thought about own game like reiza toke but why actually? I think rf2 is great and once gold it will be awesome. It offers anything we need so why going into something new.

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Interesting approach, I wish best luck for this project, surely there are challenges along the way, but I find new kind of projects interesting and hope that you have good success with this :)

I guess some sort of demo might be needed to convince critical crowd to part from their hard earned cash, might be difficult to get wave going without one?

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

+1

9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

To make a demo we have to pay for it too. We can't cover all the costs. Hence why with this cloud funding, we can show progress as it occurs. We're already showing progress on content such as Ales's T5 Series cars, and we'll be showing more soon.

10. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Sort of shooting yourself in the foot here, but anyway, good luck to your project.
    If I can see that its worth the money, I will pay for it as I have paid for RF1 and 2 and GTR 1 and 2 and GTL, Nascar 2003 Season and GPL over the years

11. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

The whole "RFactor is better then *insert sim name* because you can get mods for free" argument just went out the window :p.

With that said, good luck Ales!

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Hey Mak.

Had a look at the Cloud Funding.

One question. Mention of discounts to yearly subscriptions.

Care to elaborate??

Does this mean pay a yearly subscription for the software and than purchase mods/content or discounts for the year on mod purchases??

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Bear in mind developers will be able to develop for any game our software supports which at first is indeed rf1 and rf2 due to the ease of compatibility with the software. We do have developers who will also add their products to RACE07/GTR Evo, Asseto Corsa, GTR 3 (if its possible to work with the software otherwise it will be a normal externally released mod). So while some developers may only choose one game, MAK-Corp will be working on making deals with such developers to allow their work to be added to other games by other developers who wish to do so.

At the end of the day, we want to support all games and find ways to do so with the developers even if they themselves don't want to do the work, we have other guys who do.

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

No, the software is free. If you pay that contribution amount which helps us fund the software, you will get a subscription as stated. So to give you an example...

In the 50 euro contribution. You would receive a 6 month subscription where anything you purchase, you will receive a 25% discount. After the 6 months, all products will be full price again. But you won't have to pay a subscription fee at all for any service. This is just a extra discount to say thank you for the higher contribution to the funding.

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

So did i read your link correctly...you want 10,000 euro to develop this?...well while you're at it i have this bridge in Sydney for sale...

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

That's the cost for all 3 stages of development. But each stage shows its initial cost amount. Even the first stage would be sufficient and people would be able to see how they like it. Software is not cheap to develop. If you know someone who can do it cheaper, by all means, let me know of this person who is better at being invisible then the great houdini.

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Another thing to note on this is that the store will also have an asset section where artists can sell their car and track asset models. Things such as rim/tire models, buildings, props etc that other car modelers and track modelers can purchase to use on their cars and tracks. This will allow the building of an asset library that can even be showcased to developers who may choose to purchase the assets. In addition to this, the software will bring more exposure of the artists to the developers and it could help artists be hired as freelancers or even more permanent positions in various companies. There is far too little exposure for the talented artists in the modding world and this can help both artists and developers immensely.

We need to think of the bigger picture here.

18. johnconner

johnconner Registered

how are you going to stop people from ripping the mods? the F2 mas key is easy to remove, so if i pay for a car how do i know my friend wont get it for free i mean look at SRW charge money for cars but yet you can download the rar files direct from the server without paying unlock the mas files and be like your friend sandrox you know the 1 you made f12007 and the codemaster rips with and convert them to rf1 or rf2 ?????.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The difference with our software is that files won't be open or viewable by the player. They will be in an encrypted package file which only the software can read. It will decrypt the files during gameplay so you can see the product in the game and it will make windows disable the ability to copy, move, zip the files while the software is running. You would get a warning that the files are in use and you need to close the software using them and try again, but by closing the software, the files disappear automatically so you won't be able to see them there to zip up and distribute. This is a part of the software security system to help stop people sharing products and also ripping content from mods and using it without permission.

1 person likes this.
  20. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Cool but surely software to do that will cost allot and would move rf2 into the entertainment category then everything will need to be licensed you could then instead make a game from the gm2.5 and sell it on a commercial basis like simbin does or same with CTDP and there superleague game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.