rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sweet thanks :)

3. Eero Forsblom

Eero Forsblom Registered

Damn, I felt a bit disappointed about rf2 and it felt somewhat boring compared to rf1 (mostly do to content? I really can't say why, it was missing something) although the the feeling was way better.
    Now that skippy and lime came in this update, I'm once again interested in what the future brings. Thank you ISI, keep this up.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Guys, i want to amend what i said earlier about using adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel because it works best for me. I didn't test the in-game "video" vsync option....this i find is the best, it removes any and all stutter i have experienced around the track. Highly advise checking it out if you suffer from any stutter issue, with or without any type of vsync enabled. The "video" vsync option removed all tearing as well.

5. dragon

dragon Registered

nice, keep going :)

6. Rooney

Rooney Registered

I see black cars in the Racing School mod in Lime Rock :(

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Known problem with known fix. Just check Tim's first post, the first page :)

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm not sure if my doing or if engine's doing, but as I put T3-60 turbo on 4.2 litre 6 cylinder motor, I noticed it spool up to 130 000 rpm, tiny bit above, like 20 rpm or so, then all of sudden, like a snap, it went to 123xxx rpm and started decreasing rpm.

This was at very high rpm (well, for the motor, around 5000) and going past peak power so it is kind of excepted for turbo to decrease in rpm, but what I found odd was that it did do that in a snap, split second.

It can be fairly well that I had something wrong in my setup as I did made some changes to PR/Eff table this issue got lot less noticeable, but still happens sometimes, MAP decreases also like a snap and then quite fast falls down, but if I push clutch down and let enging hit rev limiter for moment and lift clutch back up (keeping throttle floored all the time), I get boost back to maximum.

Using 210 000 pressure setting, but default wastegate and dump settings from example, which might be part of the reason, I still need more time to fully understand how those values correlate to realworld counterparts, I have idea about them, but I need more testing until I can be sure of my idea.

Generally turbo system is really nicely done, very easy to use, intercooler, intake temps and surge effects are certainly something to look forward to :)

There is one thing I must ask however, but understandable if it can't be answered.

Current implementation increases engine power, which makes it bit difficult to match torque curve obtained from car dyno session. However my understanding is that turbo code returns multiplier to engine torque in realtime, if such is the case, then I would imagine it would be also possible to decrease power unless maximum effect from turbo is happening, kind of inverse multiplier, so at maximum you get 1, while when not at maximum you get less than 1, one would need to return percentage of turbo code effect instead of multiplier to achieve that I believe.

That would make working with turbos a lot easier, while having exact same effects, I believe. Would that be something worth to consider?

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

i can't seem to join a skip barber server every time. Really strange. Get connection failed.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Just noticed ISI trackmakers put down some time with placing the cameras for TV replay with Lime Rock Park. Looking at the replay is somehow nicer than previous tracks :)

Yes I get this to. Right now I'm in, but next time I probably get the same message as you :( And it's only Skippy.

11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I never meant that I drove on LRP before, I just meant the car in general seems to have much more grip. I mentioned LRP simply because that's what I happened to test it on.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sweet as always :)
    though you have a serious point there :(

Thanks man!

13. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

There are 2 types of Skip Barber car: National & Regional cant remember which is which but one has grooved slicks & a road type tyre the other has only the road type.
    When you get to the car selection screen click on tuning and you will see the option above the visor select.

Hope this helps

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Ehmmm, did something change in the damage model?
    Tires and wings flying around?

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Been like that since day one. I still remember the famous pic of the stuck tire at spa. :p

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

The connection fail occurs before the tuning option is even presented. Even if i could see that page, it doesn't matter whether you chose national or regional because even if the server could restrict entrance to one or the one, you wouldn't receive a "connection failed" response to something like that. Either the option would simple not be present or you'd be allowed to join the server only then to be booted out the server shortly after.

But thanks anyway.

FYI, when working, skip barber mod and LRP is the ****. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  17. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Hi,

I didn't understand this release. Even at beta stage, release such bugged track. How must time it would had take to correct at least that black squares? And the fps :(
    Something is not going right, at this pace, maybe for Q4 2013 we have gold ver.

The good and bad thing about ISI, is that they don't feel the pressure. But remember, there is at least one more title with moddable capabilitis on the line. rFactor owes must to the modding community, no mods no fun!
    Let's see what the future brings.

Regards

Pedro

18. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Check the build notes, third paragraph.

19. Tony

Tony Registered

20. Miro

Miro Registered