‘Resume from Replay’

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Nov 30, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

This sounds absolutely fantastic!

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great way to relive a great online race?? Maybe you failed in the last corner on the very last lap and want revenge. Well, load the game and "resume". Crash your opponent (something you don't want to do online), get through the last corner clean, and win the race ;) (get back your confidence!)
    Sounds interesting :D

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Indeed, very interesting.

5. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Interesting. But I think there are other things that should be higher on the list of priorities.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That could be true, but just bringing updates with just bugfixes and no new toys.....would end up in a lot of static too ;)

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Seems to me from all that has been said before that things arrive as the people are working on them get them ready for testing. Stopping development on one function will not speed up development in others.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anyone tried it yet? Does it work OK? a bit hungover today so might have to wait until later to give it a go myself!

10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Yes it works fine. Open the replay file from replay menu (main screen menu), click on 'Race', and you'll continue the session right away, but with green tires and green road, if I'm not mistaken.

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

IIRC the rubber should be there as it was. But the tires will be new and cold. And your fuel may change. That's why it's generally bets used (at the moment) right after a pit stop, as it effectively is a pit stop. :)

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I like this kind of things a lot, nice innovation :)

This is bit like revival of play by mail multiplayer modes games used to have really really long time ago :D

So it would be possible to make simracing distance record by enthusiastic team, I wonder what is current distance record?

If each community member would drive for 1 hour, it would be quite a lot of distance covered, something you have planned at ISI, after gold release, to grab few world records? Would be nice way to get publicity, Saab and Volvo has done something of such few times 80's and 70's some I think are still standing records ;)

14. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I tried this last night and it works exactly as Tim describes.

Do the AI also get new tires? I think ideally I would like all the tire states saved but that not be possible.

Regardless I think this is a great feature and glad it has been given out so we can test it and give feedback. For me Sim Racing should be realistic enough to be convincing but it still needs to be at our convenience. Zipping over to Lime Rock Park from the UK after tea is already pretty unique to sim racing so the ability to put down and pick up a race like many other forms of entertainment is just an extension of that IMHO.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep works just fine, love it already, easily one of the biggest additions to the rFactor world for me!

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Just tried this after getting schooled today online. Best part is u can beat DJC and have "proof" LOL.

Would also be cool if had option to keep online opponent performances as ghosts instead of changing to AI.

17. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

lol, oi ;)

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Does it affect my setup? It felt like I had default setup after I resumed ( I know that tires are cold after resume, but it felt slippery and odd even after few laps).

19. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

To me, Resume Replay does not work. I replay over 200mb and once they resume, confirmed, entered into garage RF2 crashes!

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If the replay format has changed (which it has with most recent updates) since you recorded the replay, it won't work.