rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No hifi data at all.
    Server records whatever receives from all users. And it won't receive full set of data (the high def. one) as most of our internet connections are not that fast (and the server would have to be bloddy fast to keep up).

2. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Given that Assetto Corsa and Fanatec have a partnership going, I would expect that your CSW's FFB should be absolutely sh*t hot on Assetto when everything gets ironed out.

3. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Is that why my T500 rs feels mediocre in AC so far?

4. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Dunno mate. Dont work for Kunos, Fanatec or Thrustmaster.
    Would just put it down to AC being in development mode meself.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't get really what is this all about in this thread. To compare the incomparable ? :confused:

All the title known to me pursue the same objective but with different priorities, as the development status is not the same and thus even not comparable.

The several times mentioned example AC is to the time only a phantom and all speculation in this respect is wishful thinking.

Rating it by one streetcar or comparing it with rF2 is useless. If i rate AC by the one car's dynamic and ffb, i need to say, i don't like it but I'm sure it will be better with race cars. AC attempts to compensate the feeling of reality while other submit raw physicale forces to the ffb.

6. seancleric

seancleric Registered

Ye suppose can always just wait and see anyway its a bonus if it does improve and Marc you also maybe right to as I also pretty much stick to racing and formula style cars :cool: I suppose what happens with any of the games its onlyscenarios for us either we get 1 great sim that is superior or we get 2 that are quite close for different reasons so both ways we win anyway :cool:

Do you guys think it felt faked in ac demo though ? it felt like fake rumble effect in mid turn n squeal! n then same next corner turn and squeal and same vibrations in the same gaps no matter what I did to settings it only made it stronger softer etc for them to surpass feelings from like gtr and rf2 id be quite pleasantly surprised though.

At the moment though I think rf2, gta5, bf4 ill not need anymore games in future hopefully last 1s ill buy :cool: but could easily push to another great feeling sim.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

My personal statement they get directly on there own platform. I do not like to complain elswhere without to tell it directly to the responsible before. This is not the right place for. Just my opinion. ;)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's what the internet was invented for. :)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Then I've missed what or i'm just to old to understand. :)

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

It has nothing to do with what anyone thinks of rFactor. I'm merely referring to the tone you're using in your recent posts. What you call "a few mild words" is something I usually report when I see it, regardless of discussion. Moderators will do with it as they please.

That's true.

ISI is pretty much working on all fronts at the same time, while with other titles you will rather see features added one by one. That's why you get less features in AC, but in better state from the start, while in rF2 you get more features but most of them seem unfinished or even broken, while development team moves on to work on other features.

Marketing-wise, ISI's approach is bad - you need to understand and accept this development process. Not everyone does and that's why you have all this comparisons with buying a fridge or things like that.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Man, that AC screenshot is ugly. Possibly the worst I have ever seen. You couldn't find anything better than that? Horrible.

12. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

The tone I'm using???
    WTF have you "merely" turned on me for???
    Did you report the arse kissing cartoon that prompted my comment (which I had also already edited out by the way) before you banged it back up? Thought not!

Sheesh, your sanctimonious attitude and warped double standards make me sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  13. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't know anything about developement but during one its priorities and target audience has focused on a minority the other aims on the mass and puts more weight on the presence.

I don't know why they handle thing's how they do but i have already experienced ISI engine calculate, since there has not been many others in the past. I guess they know what is the best for themselves even though i would like to see a faster development. :)

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Totally agree on most you said. True simulation games are made to make the driving aspect as downright raw and realistic as possible, that's the main priority of a simulation. This is why I'll probably always be a fan of RFactor and ISI, and probably even of iRacing as well, because they are just constantly pushing for the technical physics part, rather than what "feels" nice, or what is "fudged" to make it more user friendly, etc. I say this despite me currently not being a big fan of IRacing's overall physics model/driving dynamics, if that makes any sense.

I just laugh at the people (and there are A LOT of them) who diss RFactor 2 because of it's graphics, or for whatever reason. I see MANY EXTREMELY negative posts from apparent "know-it-alls", people who don't know anything about vehicle dynamics or from people who CLEARLY have little to no real life experience being close to the ultimate laptime of a vehicle around a track. Many of these people just totally laughing at and insulting RFactor 2/ISI.

From the way some people talk, you would almost think that ISI abandoned us all and made some sort of "Need for Speed: Shift" game or something. I mean there are so many RFactor 2 haters out there, I just dont understand....

So you are going to pass up RFactor 2 which is maybe, probably, almost certainly the very best home-consumer racing simulation in the entire industry because it doesn't have your flavor of graphics? Because other inferior products may have prettier graphics? Because you can't drive? Because you don't like how menus and ui look (menus and ui??? Are you kidding me? Haha)???

Anyone who hates on RFactor 2, and there are a lot of them out there, clearly are fooling themselves into just how much of a race-car driving fan they really are, or they are just blatantly ignorant and negative. How could so many people be so negative about the sim (RFactor 2) that does what it's intended to do (simulate race car driving physics from the user/driver's point of view) arguably better than any other product in the entire industry just because of graphics, bad videos, bugs, missing tools, or some not perfect physics traits here and there (but overall still BY FAR the best in the industry) etc????? It honestly blows my mind.

Clearly these negative minded RF2 haters aren't as passionate about racecar driving as they'd like to think they are, and are just people who care to have "good enough physics" as long as the rest of the game is nice and flashy or "fun".

For example, I know a guy who competed in real life Star Mazda, now does anyone think that he would actually choose an inferior sim to RFactor 2 like [enter any sim here, they are all inferior to RFactor 2] because of better graphics, or because one looks better in replays or because one has more cars or a better menu system or whatever? OF COURSE NOT. The people that do are just gamers looking to have a bit of fun, real race-car driving fans should all be playing RFactor 2

Aside from sometimes some weird physics when you sometimes go too over the edge of grip, in some cars, in some situations, RFactor 2 is CLEARLY, EASILY the best racecar driving simulation PERIOD.

NOTE - I have said many times before, I AM NOT a "fan-boy" of any sim. I just drive the best ones in terms of pure racecar handling dynamics as a way of getting a "fix" for my need/urge to do it in real life, and as a way of replacing (if you can call it that) my short real-life racing career.

NOTE 2 - There are other great "true" sims as well, don't get me wrong, I really like Game Stock Car 2012 and CERTAIN IRacing cars, and CERTAIN areas of iRacing's and Netkar Pro's physics as well, but the point I'm making is that RFactor 2 should be up there on every true racecar driving fans' list, if they are buying a sim because they are a fan of the pure driving aspect of racing cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You've both said how you feel about each other's posts now. Now you both know, right? :) So you can accept how each other posts and just carry on discussing with differences of opinion. :)

16. pas74

pas74 Registered

a g r e e 100% :)

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This thread is becoming violent unnecessarily. I think it is very healthy for us simracers that two sims of high quality will be available soon. Rf2 needs to improve graphics and performance for recommended hardware. I comply with thise recommended settings, but dont get the quality that is possible compared to some people's videos and pictures. Physicsand FFB are very nice and modding easeness medium. AC is still to come. When that happens i will probably buy it.
    For what it can be seen AC has superior graphics but will not comment on anything else until i can try.
    But I am sure that this rivalry will be good for everybody since competition is the most effective for improving both sides. Saving the distances, GT and FM series for consoles have pushed each other during years. Without competition people trend to relax. For example microsoft office improvements were ridiculous until open office appeared. As it is said in Spain, they saw the wolf ears and started working again.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

18. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This (and pretty much everything else you said, Spinelli).

19. Domi

Domi Registered

lol, I find those posts like "I know everything because I drive real racing cars, trust me" pretty funny, since they can be found on the forums of every simracing game, iRacing, NetKar, pCars, rFactor... and using almost the exact same words as you.

Unless you can come up with vehicle dynamics analysis and comparisons with the real life counterparts, don't use such words as "PERIOD" to determine which sim is better, please, makes you look more a fanboy than anything else.... just give your opinion, it's enough interesting per se.

Also, graphics, UI, etc etc are important as well, if there are other sims with "similar" physics, and graphics, performance, and so are much better, people will jump there with any doubt, and I'm sure you don't want to be alone in your favourite sim :)

20. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I've driven an rF2 car from the trackside camera view to eliminate any physics 'simplification' going on in replays. And they still seem to 'bobble' over bumps, curbs and on the off-road areas in an unrealistic way and at too high a frequency - as though they have negligible mass (inertia) and unrealistic suspension....or something. In other words, they look more like tiny toys. I'm surprised people don't comment on this here. It's pretty fundamental. Although I don't like iracing to drive at all, some of their cars look incredibly realistic bouncing over bumps and when they come to rest and settle on the suspension. I suspect AC will do as well.
    Comments, theories, abuse? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.