rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

My favourite tracks and cars are available only on rf1 ;)

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Start converting :D

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

feels3 making a conversion? Is this some kind of oxymoron? :)

5. lbird

lbird Registered

I think that a lot of teams are already tinkering back and forth with rF2 versions of their mods. But when you consider the high quality of the later rF1 mods (HistorX, DRM Revival, GP 1937 anyone?), then these guys will need a lot more time to get the tire, physics and engine model right to get equal or better results. Thats why i still fire up rF1 regularly to drive these great mods...

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes I agree! Just laughing because so true!

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+100 re gp37

Osella is it ready for beta yet? Just kidding don't want to spread rumors but Osella do u have any plans for this? Don't blame u at all if not b/c I know this is very niche but it IS getting mentions in this forum and I keep taking the opportunity every time it is mentioned to harras you :)

8. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I'm all for praising rF2s qualities, but honestly, from what I've seen so far, the AI is terrible.

Then again, I can't think of one single racing sim that does have good AI.

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

AFAIK, Grand Prix series by Geoff Crammond has much better AI than current racing sims.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Really? I've had some great battles in RF2, you must've picked a poor track/mod combo as the AI is far from terrible, even when its bad its not that bad!

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Oh yes...it is that bad. I have also had some great battles, BUT maybe after 20 race restarts (*cough* eau rouge with 60's F1 *cough*).

AI is always very slow until you have overtaked them, then they are much faster. If you are right behind them, they drive extremely slow, while the AI behind you is much, much faster. They also drive in a long train formation most of the race. These are just a few examples, if I remember correctly, someone made a long list of AI's fails.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.AI

I know alot of users like to race with the AI, but I don't really use them, except maybe one or two for eye candy when in single practice
    AI must be such a hard thing to programme in software

Online with friends is really the strength of software like this

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes there are bad things granted, but there's a list of good things too. Get the right mod track combo and they're a blast, certainly anything but terrible as the bloke said above!

14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I don't like that too, and except adding different types of cars for AI i couldn't solve this problem by changing parameters. It would be nice to have a parameter for AI skill variation.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But the greatest problem must be that AI don't overtake on long straights using slipstreaming/drafting! Not even other AIs.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

+1. And the challenger still wins in overall until Feb-2013.

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

FWIW I have AI set to 95% at LRP, aggression is set at 28%, have the mix of GTs included, driving the C6R myself (avg mid to low 51s in race). The GT4s are back markers (adds to the ALMS fun) but the Vettes are all within a few tenths and the GTRs are almost a second a lap quicker. Very close and very clean racing.

18. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Must have never played a Papyrus sim then. GPL AI is still a bajillionty times better than ISI has ever done and likely ever will, NR03 was almost as good as GP4. Almost.

rF2's AI is easily the worst AI I've seen in a racing game. Least in Gran Turismo they always shut the door on you and keep their speed, here you get near them they just go insane and basically stop. WOA WOA WOA IM BEING PASSED GOTTA SLOW DOWN WOA WOA WOA. < What goes through an AI driver's "mind"

rF1 had crap AI, currently rF2's is twice as bad. Still shake my head when I see AI dabbing the brakes 50000 times in a corner, then putting the power down perfectly smooth with zero grip loss every last time.... Beyond terrible. It isn't a track issue, it's a game issue, just like rF1.

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lol at the AI haters on this forum, twice as bad as rf1!?! Do me a favour!

I know I've had great races and that's all I care about, sure the ai has its faults but with the right mod and track it's PERFECTLY raceable....certainly more so than some pick up servers out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.