rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

on what vehicle?

2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

All I hope is one of the 2 games modding communities come up with some sort of safety rating or whatever, something thats able to give some sort of stat of a driver history, because at the moments the servers are literally overflowing with retards. That alone drives you away to something else so easily

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Because I think that the physics of the Elise is wrong! it is too heavy!

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I started to read this thread and am slowly losing the will to live :)

Carry on....... I'm off to race cars. Richard Burns Rally tonight, the graphics look ****e but I'm one of the lucky ones who don't care. :)

5. Jos

Jos Registered

it is very understeery that is true, but then again most rf2 cars are too oversteery, (corvette oversteers when you fart)

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, I have noticed that! I almost broke my G27:mad:

7. GothaR

GothaR Registered

But Elise is understeery IRL too: http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/elise-mentality (4:13 and 4:40 Clarkson: "I have never seen understeer like this")
    I also tried to do some oversteer slides according to what the Lotus guy said and it was also similar. You just have to do a flick, lift off throttle and then press the throttle rapidly again to create a longer controllable slide.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  8. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I loved the AC TP, very well done. I don't think the Elise is unrealistic, it's quite good. However, I still come back to rF2's FFB, it's still the tops. As far as physics go, I refuse to compare a street car (a very unique one at that) with race cars from rF2. Either way, both look and feel very realistic, though I lean towards AC now sheerly for the street cars and optimization.
    I'm still loving rf2, but I'm growing very very tired of terrible optimization and...the shadows. It's driving me away everytime, yet the FFB keeps me in.

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

AC will be great, enjoying the TD, but they have a lot to do. From what I read. AC v1.0 won't have dynamic weather, pit stops, saftey car, or realroad.
    Using build 156, did an offline race in the C6R against a field of GT cars at LRP with minor scripted weather changes and pit stops open. Rolling start behind the pace car... I'm fairly new to sim racing but hard to get much better than this.
    Excellent AI along with all the working features in rF2 add greatly to the experience. We just need more great cars and tracks but that is ongoing...
    (I would prefer a message to start engines, instead of the auto start up.) :D

10. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I'll be enjoying AC , rF2 , and iRacing ... iRacing for online - rFactor2 for single player racing - AC for single player driving of cool sports cars such as the 458 italia (think Forza Motorsport but with badass PC and cockpit) :)

11. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I wouldn't talk about slowness and Kunos in a positive way, did you get Netkar pro when it first came out? It was not sold as a Beta and the first few patches that were badly needed but really didn't have too much in them took sooooooooo long that most people gave up on the game.

I find it very hard to say anything good on how fast Kunos has been in the past. I liked netkar the first free version and bought NKP straight away and that was such a mess in the beginning most thought they had disappeared with no official info for almost a year.

Kunos was lucky to even survive after that episode, AC tech demo is nice but i still prefer the driving of RF2 and the latest version has brought lots more feel into the cars for me at least.

The UI I don't see whats so great about it and couldn't care less if I needed to launch the sim in a command box as long as the driving was the best. Code masters always had a nice and cool flashy UI but did that make it a better sim the rfactor?

Its great that we are getting more options and I hope all developers the best, I hope they all push to make the best sims they can. I don't see the issues of fanboyism I will get them all as I have in the past but will mostly drive the one I like best which still is RF2 ATM. AC looks the most promising competition but the tech demo doesn't show it as anything superior to what hpthe driving is in RF2 currently but its fairly close. A good battle between developers will just push progress and be best for all us simmers so go out and enjoy them all and don't be too upset if not everyone doesn't feel exactly like you on what your preffered sim is.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm happy to use a few sims, don't think I'll be renewing by iracing subscription after this year runs out

Dynamic environment / track etc is a big + for me in rf2 +I've always liked the feel of ISI's physics

Happy to use another sim though even if it's just an occasionable secondary sim

13. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

TBH, I'm not overwhelmed by AC at all. It doesn't look like it'll change anything for me. I'll still be at iRacing for MP racing, I'll still be with rF2 for rF2 mods (it's set up to be a great endurance racing sim, which would be perfect for me), and AC for AC things...

iRacing has the best tracks and racing environment.
    rFactor 2 has the best track / world environment and FFB.
    AC seems to have the best "driving" - but what of the racing... Million dollar question. Oh, and regarding the UI, movable elements is precisely what I wish everyone had.
    And then you get into pCars which... well, who knows. Sometimes it feels awesome, sometimes it's a turd.

Nothing changes, nothing will change. Every last sim will do something better than another, and rather undeniably. I don't see the AC hype - ffs, you turn the settings down you automatically go faster right now. TBH, that's a bigger - and more relevant issue - than for example, iRacing's "iffy" physics. I literally cannot take it seriously outside just driving in circles. It'll be fixed for sure, but what other things exist like that under the hood? It's FFB does seem to be lacking even after the update, it's tracks aren't as detailed (again, could be FFB) as iRacing's, and who knows if the AI will be anything decent, then again, I don't expect them to be rF2 levels of bad.

They should all just team up and make one mega sim. Because the elements are there, but strewn out across several different products.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is always so much lost potential in gaming industry...

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

In my opinion, Corvette has a very good balance. It has a lot of torque, though. Respect that, don't toss the car and you will get along just fine.

Just compare these two laps:

You can see a bit more "nervous" driving in first video. Car is under the limit in one moment and over the limit in the next.

In second video you can see that car is driven smoothly - just under the limit all the time. In contrast to "nervous" driving from first video, driver has a lot of confidence in the car this time.
    You can tell he has much easier job this way and lap time is better.

If Corvette had more understeer balance, I would be an unhappy driver :) If you would make this car more understeer, it would be slower in corners and just wouldn't feel right. Yes, it would be easier to drive, but so what? Who wants slower car? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Disagree that rf1 menu mods showed how it should be. Improvement yes. How it should be? No. AC is how it should be and I believe it coukd be even better than that but not much better.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

What kind of wheel do u have? I believe AC said they still have filtering and are going to make that removable / adjustable which will help greatly as belt wheel people have been complaining but g27 folks are loving ffb.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have the G27! I didn't say that AC sucks, but I don't like this car and I don't have fun driving it!
    AC will be mine at D1, but for now I'm going with rF2 all the life!

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Biggest rf2 challenger?

IMHO - rf1 :)

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Absolutely true! I was online and just out of curiosity tried a setup someone shared and it was absolutely boring as they took out all oversteer. If I don't have to balance the car then I get bored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.