rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok thanks was just curious

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

There we have a typical example :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

hmm... I hope you just did not refer to me as a fanboy :p

please enlighten me.

4. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

[​IMG]

Tara chuck! :cool:

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The thing that concerns me about rF2, is the slowness of ISI! for example, one guy from AC told me that they had put only 2 days to implement the perfect triple screen application of AC ! we still wait for the triple screen support In rF2 ! and the same thing about triple screen replays, I don't think that it is very complicate and difficult to implement it, but rf2 is still without triple-screen replays after 14 months!

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

i think ISI dev team also work on other things other than the comercial version of rfactor 2

progress does seem slow but rfactor 2 is an anbitious project, no other sim is ofering the features that rf2 is ...even in its present state ( real road / live dynamic eviroment etc )

a few more builds and i it will be undisputed ( hopefully just a few more builds ) as the best sim by most im sure

edit : yep i know how frustrating no tripple screen replay is ...will be like xmas when thats all updated hey, frustrating having to wait for all of these things

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I do think ISI should devote a two week period to iron out what they consider "lesser bugs", just to tidy up what is an annoying list of gripes. I'd love to see rf2 have a triple screen mode like AC - it's brilliantly done.

But overall, i love how rf2 is coming along. And to me it feels like build 156 has change the feeling of the cars again, no one has mentioned this, but to me the 370z is feeling amazing.

9. vali

vali Registered

I think the rFactor interface can be improved A LOT, but the option you are talking about is in a very logical place...

Settings -> Controls -> Display (we are activating / deactivating a display) -> Vehicle status (it shows not only tire temps, but damage and tire usage too).

[​IMG]

It could be worse... having to reload the car and circuit to change setup or searching options in several layers of submenus (in a consolized way).

I can't wait to get the AC beta since almost all people agree the UI is great.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think part of the problem with RF2 is that the base code is very old, yes it constantly updated, but that's not the same as designing a new engine from scratch.

Perfect example is the blackberry cell phone company.....

They struggled so much because they couldn't get their phones with the times and competition. The problem was that they did exactly what ISI are doing, their Blackberry operating system was a very, VERY old operating system from back in the day when no one would touch a blackberry (or barely knew about them) except for business ppl like stock brokers, real estate agents, etc. Then throughout the years as they got bigger and needed to expand, improve, keep with the competition etc. R.I.M. (the Blackberry company) would just keep updating their same very old base operating system. At the deep core of it, regardless of the updates, even the new ones with the touch screens and all that, the operating system was still a super old, in-efficient and outdated one, and it severly bit them in the ass in the end, as anyone who follows the cell phone industry will know how Blackberry almost went bankrupt the past few years, due mainly to their super old code-based operating system affecting their products negatively relative to the competition.

I dont know about the very, very brand new blackberry operating system 10, might be brand new from scratch, but until then, i know that all of their OS's, even on the touch 9800 for example, were all based on their extremely old OS from the late 90's or early 2000's (probably early 2000's but not sure).

In RFactor 2's defense, I think people in this thread are making way too big of a deal of something like the UI, what's next? People are going to start complaining about the fonts of the text in the options menu?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  11. Jize

Jize Registered

i think rf2 looks better every build. no doubts this game will be in the discussion longer than rrre or pcars. it will be right there on a sim level with iracing and ac (or is already there - judging from the isi-content only)

12. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Thank you for that :) Now I looked into it and found, that the problem was caused by "Toggle HUD MFD", it turns off the on screen information, so then I could press whatever I wanted and couldn't see tyre temps, etc.
    And other thing to UI in rF2: PLEASE ISI, add some menu for situation when I am driving and press ESC. Now it just jumps into garage, you should add at least one question before doing it, like "Do you want to exit the track and go into garage?" From other sims I am used to use ESC as pause in single player and in rF2 it very unconvenient.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Like debating having to get all tracks and mods otherwise you can't run all vmods.

greedy bugger lopl

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The UI is a fundamental part of the sim though so it needs sorting out, its the first thing everyone sees so its an integral part, casual racers will take one look and say "well ACs UI is much better". Sure its all about the actual racing but you cant just ignore other areas, again its the basic areas that ISI are slack in, superb everywhere else though!

15. GothaR

GothaR Registered

MarcG: agreed.
    As I said before, other things in rF2 are okay or very good (physics, FF), but UI must be tuned or changed, because competition is strong and these things can matter. I think it is a sign of perfection when people start complain about details. It is because they are satisfied with the most important things :)
    This isn't good way, example: new player buys rF2 with knowledge of refund policy. So he will try it for few evenings and will remain disgusted because of UI. In this phase, he won't go on forums and search for UI mods, he will just ask for a refund and buy AC.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It should'nt be left to the community to make a new UI though, thats the poiint, the ones made for rF1 showed ISI how it should be and yet RF2s UI is poor in comparison.
    Plus its not just the look, its the sheer lack of options which are present in the PLR file, again (getting bored of shouting this!) its a pain in the bum area when you have to reload the game over and over again just to change simple things in the PLR which can be added to the UI interface.
    The whole area (like vmod creation) is a mess and needs sorting....sort out the BASIC areas then go back to continuing the splendid work in the already great areas.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Ever since the AC techdemo was released I've literally had my handsfull with all the sims that needs to be driven and on a head-to-head bases I think AC is going to be rF2's true competitor.
    True iRacing is a racingsim aswell where most of the best guys are at at the moment but I believe that's not because of how (un)realistic the sim itself might be, but more because of the entire service that backs it up. And iRacing pretty much owns that category since there is nothing opposing them.

Looking more at the actual driving, there's just an uncanny similary between the new Techdemo of AC & RF2. As I said I've been driving all 3 of them quite alot the past weeks and honestly, it's nearly impossible to jump back into iRacing and do a lap or 2 without ending up in a barrier somewhere. Not only is the FFB (and this is my opinion) simply bad compared to the 2 other sims, after all these years and 20itterations of their infamous NTM, the driving still feels skittish & weird.

Jump in either of the other 2 competitors and you can immedeatly feel what's going on under you alot better and react to them more naturally. We're offcourse comparing cars on semi slicks (Lotus Elise) to something on slicks (370z is somewhat the closest to it) but the outcome is still the same. Atleast i can jump into any of them and just feel comfortable, and instead of me trying to chase what crazy thing the car is going throw at me next, I am the one who dictates what the car is going to do.

I'm not going in the direction to pick either of the 2 as the better option since they both have their positives (and negatives) but I'm guessing it we'll see a nice competition between these 2.
    I'll offcourse be buying them both but it'll be upto the game as to what will become my next "main" game for the next couple of years.
    2005-2009 rF
    2009-2013 iR
    2013-20xx ? ;)

18. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

same here.
    AC and Rf2 will be my favorite sims , i think
    I'm trying the new TP of AC now and i find a lot of feel. Good phy and good graph at the same time.
    Nik

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

After testing AC I can say that rF2 physics and ffb is way better than AC!
    Yes, AC has a better graphics and better looking menu, but when it come to the driving experience rf2 has a noticable advantage for me!

20. Jos

Jos Registered

Rf2 has no similar vehicle so its difficult to compare....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.