rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jize

Jize Registered

why no one compares rf2 to pcars?

2. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

About Ac clutch. Still has the same bug that nkp. You just can shift without press the clutch,(at least with H shifter) only with blip, and is more than what has rf2, but less than what has iracing.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

It has no credibility as a sim.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

+1000 All said :cool:

5. coops

coops Banned

i believe that the biggest challenger to RF2 is the critics and fanboys of other sims.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

For me, personally, good racing simulations have no contenders...as I buy them both (or all, if more then 2) :)

What the heck, I even own "not so good sims" too :eek:, so maybe I'm just an addict (like a lady which has to go into a cloths shop and buy all latest fashion)

7. coops

coops Banned

^ lol :)

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Unless I'm down under obviously....as I hadn't touched a sim for a year when there :p ....to many things to do outdoors!

9. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I believe the biggest challenge to rF2 is the fanboys of rF2.

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Both of you are right. ;)

Buddy of mine recently switched from rF2 to AC. Because for him everything seems so polished there. I can't blame him but his shortsightedness is disturbing.

I wouldn't consider myself rF2 fanboy but loyal customer and sim lover. I can be very appreciative when I see quality even if it's in very early stages with lots of rough egdes. I always liked things that show more promise and potential in a long term than products with well done but short list of features with no real potential to expand.

11. rimas123

rimas123 Registered

rF2 really have long term potential to be forever beta. And DX9 game in 2013? Come on...

P.S. I hope it will be 2013 :)

12. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I wouldn't necessarily say shortsighted; it's not like he can't play both ;)

That's another thing I don't understand. Why choose one and defend it vehemently instead of just enjoying everything for what it is? I Love RBR and LFS, but that doesn't mean I don't try anything else and I play lots of things.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'd have to say its the other way around. Seems that the RFactor ppl seem to be less biased, and the AC, IRacing and PCars guys are the ones that are major fanboys.

14. coops

coops Banned

15. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Indeed, I tried all the "major" sims on the market and now I can say, that rF2 and AC are the best. BUT AC feels much more natural. It is like it has FF with similar amount of information transfered to the wheel, but naturally filtered by tyres. In rF2 it is rough with rattling, like there were no tyres at all. I would say, that physics is on similar level and it is hard to decide which one is better until we compare the same car on the same track. And yes, AC is more polished and much more user friendly, everything works right after installation, controls are simple and the idea of on screen gadgets is just genius. For example, currently I still don't exactly know how to show tyre temps in rF2, because you have to push keys in the right order. Why complicate it? Why can't you just set it for one key like in LFS? And setting of new offline race is also quite complicated compared to other sims.
    This user-unfriendly interface of rF2 is what concerns me. It can discourage new racers very fast. I have the will to learn these things, because I see the potential in physics, FF and graphics, but good sim shouldn't be as complicated as rF2. ISI should look at other sims GUI and take good things from them. Player should be able to choose car, track, opponents and conditions in one or two screens, not 4 as it is now. It is just ridiculous.
    PS: as mentioned before - I was really surprised that AC has the proper clutch simulation as the only sim on the market. Yes, LFS has it also, but if you put gear in without clutch, you have to move stick back to neutral and then back to gear, in AC you can leave it in gear and enjoy the sound of gearbox being destroyed :)

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^ agree 100% regarding rf2 UI. And the only thing that can make it worse than it actually is (which is an astonishingly arrogant and convoluted mess) is the perception of users that it is just a kick in the teeth by and uncaring and dismissive ISI. Either way you lose. But for me the saddest part is just how bad it is. I mean, it's actually worse than if they didn't try at all. I know that does not make sense so ISI will have to explain. I really think it just comes down to sticking your head in the sand b/c it would literally be better to go back to 20th century UI design than to have done what they did thinking they were being cute or creative or whatever.

So, good job on UI, Kunos. As expected.

ISI, I love rf2 but I'm telling you eventually I am going to tire of the grind and want to actually drive and that is exactly what AC has to offer. And I'm not even going to get into the convoluted mess of modding and packing and online hosting.

Of course I still remains to be seen, but given what I have seen so far, I won't be surprised if Kunos makes ISI look really incompetent in many or all of these aspects.

Sorry, ISI. I will never abandon you and the 60s F1 cars are still my favorite but AC will have that too and once Nords is available I'm outta here unless you figure something out quick. And weather and real road aren't going to do it for me.

Actually I will abandon you. I lied. LOL.

17. Miro

Miro Registered

It must be said that rF2 has much much more options also. Therefore the GUI looks more complicated than it is.
    I started last week to play around with the GUI and I realized that rF2's GUI is actually very good but not that nice but again that's subjective. There are a few things which could be optimized of course. And no question the GUI of AC is cool but they have to add a lot of stuff to the GUI.

I have started to work on the GUI without a concept, it was just designing by learning by doing lol. But I have a much better idea for the next one. But first I will finish this one although I am not that happy with it now.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Can you add everything thats in the PLR into the GUI do you know?
    only ask as I find it quite idiotic that in 2013 we have to edit ini files to change very simple parameters which could be an option within the GUI; loading, exiting, editing one line, re-loading the game over and over and over and....

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Goodbye. Enough of this already. No need for people who talk bull****.

Who cares of UI if everything else is great. ISI's UI is simple enough. Maybe it is more complex because it has more info and things to choose from in it?

AC will be a great game too for sure but so is rf2. In any case, your argumentation is flawed and annoying.

And there is trackmap plugin from Fazerbox to provide much more info on screen if you need more info (including tyre and brake temps and tyre wear).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  20. Miro

Miro Registered

I don't know that yet but I assume it should be possible. I haven't changed anything ever in the PLR file so I don't realy know what you could miss in the GUI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.