rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Nobody cares about weather. That is why online races never use it.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

No wonder they cant drive worth ****.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I remember a great 1 hour online race with Brabhams (soon after the release of it, and Brianza I guess) and rainy weather. God, that was the most sweaty race I've done. I think it was announced here on the forums, server was full. Wet weather was quite unfinished and buggy (nothing has changed since, I guess) but from time to time it was really great.

Anyway, yes some people cares about weather. But it has to be better than right now.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^ makes sense

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like to race with rainy weather, but in rF2 it is very very slippery when it rains!

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well thats disappointing now isnt it. Music is way too good and dramatic for a video like that, and I'm not sure is he tryin to show the short comings of AC in this one, but it sure as hell does.

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Thats BS mate...maybe not in race for nothing public rooms but proper racing in leagues i assure you weather is used

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Once we have a random weather option I reckon weather effects will get a lot more use. At least for me they will :)

9. Golly

Golly Registered

Totally agree with you Mr Beam, obviously never had a good league race online with GTR Evo, we always had variable weather option on, it had its flaws, but everyone was checking the forecast prior to entering the track, gave another twist in the weekends racing. Looking foward to where RF2 goes with this option.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

How does a car like that get so high over a ripple, then magically slide on 2 wheels right across the track.

Anyone show me a real Elise pulling this off corner after corner.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

I also want to drive lot more with dry weather before I'm ready to move on to wet weather or to changing weather conditions.

12. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Random weather and scattered sun rays through scattered cloud would be a good addition to rF2 next development step. Or maybe an upgrade to the graphic engine (gMotor) to look like this video below (fingers crossed).

I am now thinking that rF2's (or any future version of rFactor) biggest challenger is itself, with a little help/push from Assetto Corsa, iRacing, and/or other sim racing titles.

13. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

another interesting feature in AC is the clutch... you just can't throw in any gear like in rF2... I think that's one of the points ISI needs to work on very fast...
    at the end, one sim will learn from the other. What worries me however is the pace of developement of rF2... If you see that AC needed only a bit more than a year to get where they are... it's very promising...

14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I remember that race too, it was great. I was racing in a dark room with a big 3DTV in stereoscopic 3D. And when it started to rain it was getting colder in the room and i thought someone opened a window, but my brain tricked me.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like AC, but please stop compare a game that has a lot of features like rF2 with AC!
    I appreciate what Kunos are doing, but it is more easy to have a very good looking game when you don't have to do with dinamic lighting, variabile weather, Real road, pitstop and and...............!

16. Jize

Jize Registered

that car of josh hill sounds awful. like a lawn mower

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

He he, we all were there in that race (it was arranged by Postipate http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6864-25-laps-at-Monza-friday-24-00-(gmt-2)), what I do remember while I was chasing you, when it started raining I slowed down but after some time I realised it wasnt very slippery, not a big difference in lap times.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

No it seems like in the beginning it's no difference, it takes several laps until it gets slippery, even if the track looks reeeaaally wet. This has not changed, because I took Corvette for a drive around Poznan, and I started practice with rainy weather. I was really careful when leaving pits but soon realised it felt like dry tarmac. But after a couple of laps it started to feel really slippery (at this time, there actually was a dry racingline in the middle but still it was more slippery than in the beginning, LOL) :)

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Also, in that Brianza event, there was corners that felt like dry tarmac, and others that was EXTREMELY slippery (*cough* parabolica). Made it a bit tricky.

20. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"Thou shalt have no other SIMs than rF2"
    "Thou shalt not make comparison between SIMs"
    "Thou shallt not covet thy other SIMs features"

my good calm down, what the matter with you.

what else shall I compare it to? SIMs or FSX?

rF2 has clutch / AC has clutch
    Rf2 clutch is arcade for now.
    That's all I said!
    I could have added that ISI must work on the gfx, on the modd manager, on the distribution system, on the low fps, broken mirros, online game browser...

It's a tech preview... not a feature preview... I have no clue how or if this compares to the "constant developement stuff, statement thing". The only thing I know: when AC comes officially out, there will be people playing the game online... So personally, I'm looking very much forward to AC. After all this time, I'm getting a bit tired of the slow progress of rF2. (they should JUST polish now what is in and do a feature freeze until the existing game with it's features is +/- stable and finished...)

Anyhow, AC seems to move on very fast internally and externally... some minor mods/apps are already out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.