rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

gran turismo of pc hahahahahah
    i think you dont get the point,to drive car longer to get better or to know how car starts to react when on limit(weight dist,tires....depend of car)
    like i sad before judging from videos and what people think without trying to drive is funny..
    if you tore your pants with only one lap with clio and you judge the game just because of that is sad,and again its not true that car feel the same when out from pit first time and drive the car 4/5 laps.if you can drive any car at any time just one lap and beat the guys best times then you must be one good driver.
    not give the car optimum temps is not solution, in any better sim or real life i dont think you will come far.how they say in racing world ˝to fast to soon˝
    lots of time i had top rank times in sims,do you think i did that driving just lets say 10 laps?50?100?answer is no!!i drove few days to get better on that track only and with that car only(adjusting setup).and then there is days when i cant come near my best times inside one sec,then i must try very,very hard to come close to my times or someone better time.

i tried all most every sim out there except iracing and all most every car in sims needed different setup for me,even when i got good setup from real driver or faster guys i needed to change something to become faster.
    my setups are very oversteer setups in major so few people would feel at home right away,like my friends who come to my place and drive,i all most always need to change something to make car little stable and there is few friends who can adopt setup very quickly but they all need time to became little by little faster.
    and yes i always need time to feel what car can do,i never judge the car from 1 or 10 laps i always give them a chance to drive them longer.why?because jumping from formula to street car is a different story,so maybe im doing something wrong in that point or i expect more from that car what car can give.
    so my approach to any car is like this:5/10 laps on track then pit box to adjust,in that 5/10 laps im cruising firsth1/2 laps to get brake temps and tire temps up to optimal,then i start to push gradually and when i make mistake i back off a bit(half lap).and then again same process till im happy whit qualy setup.then come racing setup,same process but on the end i start to simulate the race
    (40laps,lets say)full tank,then pits entry/exit practice,then minor adjustments from race simulation to optimise tire wear for the race.then if its rain,again different story.
    so this is for every track and every car different,and yes always same process with new track or car.and thats not only me :)
    so you can see its a bit long process always if i want to be at top,and some time luck is on your side sometimes not(in race)

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

'Wall of text crits you on your face for 57000.'
    Anyways... If you learn to read, it helps alot.

I didnt tear my pants off, rF2 did.

GT of the pc is the game with the content of that particular franchise (road cars, great graphics, lots to do). To think that I was talking about the physics or the feel of it is idiotic at its best.
    As I wrote there, the first lap lets you know how the GAME feels, and the rest is to test different scenarios (tires, track, weather, realroad, features, AI, netcode, etc...) and the car.

Nexttime just say "Could you dumb it down for me because I dont get it? :confused:" this could greatly reduce the time wasted, for both of us.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Please ISI, give us an triple screen application like this one:

[​IMG]

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I posted videos of F1 drivers pushing VERY hard on braking/entry/turn-in, you post some random amateur guy just having a fun time at a track, not even getting close to the limits, not any hint of a.b.s. shuddering under braking or lock up, almost no hint even in mid corner apex tyre squeel (mid corner is easiest place to get tyre squeel and sort of touch limits), the guy doesnt even ever get any power exit wheelspin, he cant even barley do a down shift to save his life. Did you even watch that video before you posted it? I'm sure in the car he is having an amazing time and going very fast, but he is not even close to the limits on any phases of the corner, on any of the corners on the track.

There is also a recent Simraceway vs real life @ Silverstone video just like this one above, and it also matches very well, so are you telling me Simraceway's physics are just as good (or better) than RFactor 2's and Assetto Corsa's? Come on, those real life vs in-game vids are marketing bull****.

Anyways, like I said before, I was just going on by a bunch of videos that I have watched, I have not played it yet, also I know its going to be very good so I am not trying to bash, just a little surprised on the sleepy looking physics of the car, and the Granturismo look of the braking phase to just before apex physics.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Got to say it - the AC tech preview has impressed me greatly..... in how very very good RF2 really is.

In triples, RF2 is the benchmark, not in graphics of cars, but their tracks are getting so alive (lime Rock, Poznan) - no other sim is even close to this quality level. The AC track looks half complete to me, no detail in the buildings, the colours are burning my eyes out (and no, i don't have a wide gammut panel), the HDR is too dark, it's kind of.... not very good to be honest.

And the physics, they feel a bit easy to me. Quite good, but a little easy. I won't be able to really say for sure until they try to replicate a twitchy, proper race car, then i'll have a better idea.

I said it on VR.net already - AC feels like a next-gen iRacing. And i never really liked iRacing, so...

Early days, so i'm still really excited to get the full game soon, no doubt i'll play it a lot, but an EVERYTHING beater, genius holy grail sim this really is not.

6. Duvel

Duvel Registered

100% agree, i really like this method, and i remember when they implemented it and stated it took 1 programmer one weekend to do it. hint hint you lazy bunch at ISI :)

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Well, Lotus Elise CS is a street car and it behaves like one, maybe it can't do powerspins whenever he wants, it's not an F1 race car with slick tyres that you can push that hard. Also the track is not the one where you can push that car to the limits. Jeepy put a video of the same car on the same track, what is pretty good reference to compare it with the game. If he put a video of an GT1 car or something else, it would not tell anything because we are testing Lotus Elise here.

Here is also one reference of almost same car on the same track, and to me, it looks pretty close to what I get in the game.

What have the physics to do with showing how accurate is a track comparing to real life? This video is comparing the look of the track, it is fan made video, nothing to do with physics or marketing bull****.

Oh dear..

---
    Well, it is always hard to argue on one game's forum about the competitor game. There is always certain amount of fanboism and community biased to their game, what is quite natural, but hard to argue with.

8. buzard

buzard Registered

I found if you use the cars and tracks that come with rFactor, the AI is good. It's not the fault of ISI that mod makers can't make their mods work correctly.

I view all mods as online only.

Your mileage may vary!

9. Miro

Miro Registered

Yeah it looks close indeed. It feels quite good IMHO but it's not THE HOLY GRAIL of sims like it's been hyped.

There are some downs in the TD. The lag is a big game braker for me even with high FPS there is a huge lag.
    A no go for faster cars.
    The car feels connected to the road but not more than in rF2 and the FFB is some how slugish (maybe because of the lag). Not that responsive like in rF2.
    There is also a huge deadzone in the center where you just feel nothing. Not bumps nor the car or anything. I know, yeah, the car should stay on it's line even when going over the bumps but there is just nothing.
    The car is to stable under braking and to forgiving on oversteer corections in some situations.

The Track looks quite good but not that much better than LRP. Again rF2 edges it with some funky day time settings.
    Of cource the GUI is superb, very intuitive. rF2 could step up the game here and on the ingame GFX which for me are not that important.

There are some other minor highs and downs but nothing big.
    I will buy it sure but I will still play rF2 as the main sim as it looks now.

Overal a nice sim but there is just too much which still needs to be included and actually nobody knows how it works yet.

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Felt same about FFB - CSR Wheel here.

11. Domi

Domi Registered

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes I know, but I said this also: "I know, yeah, the car should stay on it's line even when going over the bumps but there is just nothing." Do it just yourself and then do the same with rF2 with any car. You always have some feedback from the road. It's not just like you are flying over the street.

But hey, he said it and I don't want really to argue about this, let's see what AC brings on the final version.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oops, my apologies, I thought that video was in response to me about the physics, my mistake.

Trust me I aint no fanboy of any game, thats not how I work, well unless the company paid me lots of money hahaha jk!

Plus, I am full 100% Italian, and I love small developer teams like ISI and Kunos, so of course I want Kunos to be succesfull, and he will be, there are more videos of AC in 1 day then probably every 5 days of RF2, it seems it will sell wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than RF2, especially with Ferrari License. :)

This worries me, especially the oversteer part. I have been saying the exact same thing since Netkar Pro, some oversteer is very natural and maybe even better than any other sim, but other oversteer situations and moments being much too forgiving and easy, which drives me crazy. Maybe in order to make the good natural oversteer, it has bad effects on certain situations and therefore makes them much too forgiving and easy? Damn, always compromises, make one part better, but another part suffers, just like in car setup haha.

The input lag also concerns me, I have seen this lag since the first videos of AC came out 6 months or a year ago, I cant believe its still there even with no vsync. AC has the worst lag in videos ive seen, and for people to still say the ffb and physics is so good and controllable even with this lag is another thing that concerns me (compensation physics stuff again???), iracing is in the middle, very good for lag on videos, but most of the times I can still see it just slightly, and then the best is RFactor 2, it never shows any lag in non-vsync videos, I am not saying this to sound like some "fanboy" like people say, I am being very serious, RFactor 2 always looks super dead on in videos, almost like its fake because its soooo instant, its EXTREMELY instant.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah but some comments make it sound like I think there should have been no wheel twitchiness, that is not what I said. ;)

Look at video, 14 seconds again, see how car suddenly dives into the corner for no apparent reason and he reacts after it happens.
    If the tyre and scrub is so good why did he react late.

I don't get all the hoopla about drifting either, you never going to win a race doing it.

15. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Biggest advantage of AC? It's on Steam Greenlight :p
    Would be nice to see rF2 there too, maybe even with Workshop integration.

16. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Steam would be my biggest reason against AC and any other game that use it!!!

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

And why is that? Lemmie guess, DRM...:rolleyes:

18. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Oh dear God, please don't!

How ISI distributes rF2 right now is the best option for me, and if ISI decided to publish the DVD version of rF2 via Amazon, I wouldn't complain either, as long as no tricky stuff like DRM included.

Meanwhile...

19. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

personnally i like it very much. for csw iwners, there are recommended settings in their forum. it reaaly feels great.... lets not forget its a street car.... very nice: install, controller wizard, drive and it feels right.... after a few minutes... 60 fps on tripple screen with nearly all set to max....at least on that side ac definitely make things right.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well I said before that I spent 19 minutes with it and shut it down but for some reason my rf2 was CTD at launch so I decided to try it again with an open mind. It's growing on me a bit and ghost makes it more fun for me personally but I will need a better track and MUCH more powerful car to assess it to any meaningful degree for me at least b/c I have no interest in low powered cars.

So I believe if Kunos is smart they will have the 60s F1 and Nords in the demo and then I won't have to buy the game :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.