rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry but it's physics have bugs relative to real life, just like every sim does, no sim is perfect, and all have areas with greater faults relative to other sims in the market.

Drifting the osella like a D1 drift car around entire corners at 200 kph is a joke. Also, oversteer feels very good and natural, but is too forgiving. Sometimes braking, especially on lower grip formula cars can feel just wrong. A few other things too.

No sim has perfect physics. Every sim has their strong, ok, and weak points. Unfortunately netkar pro's naturalness of steering make ppl think it's such a perfect sim. These are people that just go on feel, rather than actual analysing what the car is doing, how it should be doing it, etc etc.

After a decent amount of real life experience, I can drive pretty decent in all sims (RFactor 1, RFactor 2, Live for Speed, Game Stock Car 2012, IRacing, GT Legends, Simbin Race series, etc) EXCEPT Netkar Pro.

Weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Domi

Domi Registered

What is really funny is to read comments of another people who claims to have real life experience as well say just the opposite :)

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I don't always agree with you but here I must say it is very true what you said right there.

And there is a good explaination for it. Real life gives you a good amount of feedback from other senses, not only your feel of steering wheel or ffb like in sim (which is delayed and artificial because it is calculated and it is never 100% accurate) your sight and hearing. In real life you get this under pants feeling and your inner ear sensation of g-forces. Also other senses can work their magic better because they come from more perfect world rather than sim. That makes driving more instinctive and therefore easier (at least for me). You feel what's going on with a car and react even before sth wrong happens (or just after it happend but before it becomes bigger issue). This gives you a feeling of being in control, that you are a master of your own destiny etc.

Sim can't give you that. Netkar pro is giving you sth to compensate this lack of feeling that you need to control a car. To please you they give you very forgiving physics to make it up to you instead of biting your hand for mistakes.

Spinelli is right on this one. Netkar gives me just weird feeling. It isn't like: "oooh maaaan. That felt gooood. I feel like a pro." It is more like: "How the hell did I catch that slide right there 0_o Impossible". And that's not a nice feeling. It's just... weird. Doesn't give me satisfaction.

4. Domi

Domi Registered

I wonder how many of you have you really tried to drive fast in Netkar Pro.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Some small TechPreview, can't really tell much from that, only that replay looks fine.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Teach me then, master. ;)

Show me how to really try to drive fast in Netkar Pro.

It's kinda annoying when you have your own opinion there will always be someone who will step out and point that it's a lack of skill or whatever involved.

Domi, try and prove me wrong using arguments. Questioning our comitment or skill isn't the way to do it.

Open for a discussion. :) I'm ready when you are, sir.

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

you have netkar pro rank site so you can compare how fast you are,its updated few times now so some times are gone i think but you can still compare your times with some fast guys.i still driving netkar pro,live for speed,richard burns..my best sim racing experience was when i drove nkp leagues,fast and fair drivers,we had real race driver in league who still earning for his life racing.you could find other real race drivers online and race with them and ask them what you want and i never heard someone said this is not realistic or this is weird..we had so much good races that we raced again after leagues races same night.its true nkp had some issues with net code and collision before 1.3 was out but after was much better.with netkar pro its all about setup and practice.you cant just come online and make best lap time on rank you need to practice to make better setup to become faster.i never,never felt in other sims what i felt with nkp.and like i sad other real drivers contrary of spinelli was saying different story of what he saying so we can talk about this for years i think.but i agree with spinelli about sim games,there is no perfect game for now..and yes you can check my lap times if you dont believe me,the proof.my name is on rank kristijan jalovec perusko,and you can find real race driver times if you know wich one to look for..
    cheers

8. Domi

Domi Registered

Don't take me wrong, but I've seen enough people saying similar things while being 2-3 seconds (or more) off pace in the game (not only in nK) compared to the top times.

Also your arguments are a bit confusing, after reading things like "Netkar pro is giving you sth to compensate this lack of feeling that you need to control a car. To please you they give you very forgiving physics to make it up to you instead of biting your hand for mistakes."

What is "something"? And NetKar doesn't bit you after mistakes? I must be playing another game. If you really push hard it is not so easy and not so forgiving.

Stefano said that the FFB is very simple, so probably it's just an output of the steering rack forces, like Real Feel in rFactor.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

There are a lot of real drivers that use rf1! Also with rF2 you need to practice a lot and work a lot to find the right setup! I did a lot hours and hours of practice to learn how to drive the Corvette C6!

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have spent a lot of hours learning the Corvette, too! After 3-4 days driving only Spa I have finally found a setup that not gets too much understeering at the end of the race but still is fast. I have 7-8 different setups and have slightly reduced the gap to the fastest drivers for every weekend. First I was 4 seconds off, although I drived "well". Setup is very important.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Spent the night just tweaking my style and I changed some bits on setup side to compensate. Nothing major but it gave good results that I'm happy with. C6r isn't a very difficult car to drive to be honest it's just moody and delicate. You just have to keep in mind that it can snap if you don't treat it as it likes. As long as you scratch it's ear it will reward you.

However some tracks are much more abrasive than others. Spa is front limited but some time ago during my league race at essington (didn't have a lot of practice so it was more of a jump and go race for me) and I was a little bit faster than the leader (I was P2). But Essington is a very hard track to overtake on so I tried to put pressure on my opponent to force him into mistake. I wasn't driving on the limit but my trail braking and carring high speed into corners made them... melt. There is no other word for it. I boiled them. I joked after the race that driving a bus wouldn't be so sloppy and understeery. I was useless back there. I ended P2 but with my driving and melting them (because when I let them to cool off they were still ok, in good condition, but I got some heat (chase) from behind so I couldn't let myself rest and started boiling them again) I felt I had to improve myself.

I hit the road at Spa with my good companion Motec and so it has begun. It was really quick to figure out what's happening. Changing few things in my style didn't cost me any speed (mainly because loses and gains covered each other up. What I lost on the entry, I gained on the exit) but instead loosing 2-3 s after 3 laps. I lost max 1,5 s on distance of 8-9 laps. With laps on the level of the first 2 laps from before I changed my driving style and that's very good. First 5 laps were all 2:22 and 3 laps low 2:23 and 1 high 2:23. Loaded with fuel for some more laps. I was alone on the track so I had to rubber up the track alone. It is heaven and hell when I compare it with my previous attempts. I still don't like the car but I'm grateful for being able to drive them and learn from it (Thank you ISI) because it will be important ability when the time comes.

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Ferrari F40

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Legend of a car but here it looks quite poor. Like it's a toy. Plastic toy.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You know nothing about it how do you call it a challenger.

Those shots look very poor.

Steam looks like the pCARS "fluff and bubble" videos.

rF2 Monaco video clearly showed you physics, cars moving about ...

pCARS and this show me glossy video with arcade looking powerslide at end.

15. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

lol

try your avatars glasses...

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I Love F40 but it looks...yes, like a plastic toy :(

LOL haha

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry but no AC screenshot I have seen from the very first has done it for me.

Like pCARS for me personally it has a surreal look.
    I just do not happen to like " that look"
    Sorry everyone can't agree............... :rolleyes:

18. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But overall AC looks really good and if BSNismo thinks it's "great FFB and i think the most realistic and convincing sim car to date", then I will probably try it ;)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

From first corner ( 14 secs) car seemed to track in too much mid corner like he had controller lag.

Cold tyres you would have expected to see understeer rather then turn in so easy.

Fast steering twitches on straights and when setting up for corners looked a bit odd to me
    for the car and surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.