rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Friendly reply intended :D

Speak for yourself :) Driving against the AI is very important to me and I'm pretty sure many others. I don't race online much and so great AI is of paramount importance! Well done ISI for improving the AI 100 times better then RF1 and in my opinion, the best AI in any Racing Simulator to date. I hope the AI just keep getting developed and tweaked even more as we approach Gold release date. So yes, Lets Definitely worry about the AI. Online against human drivers is not where we all want to be, This is just of course my own opinion. Others are free to disagree lol :cool:

Andy_RF2

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep firmly in the AI is a must have camp here.

Anyway, in my opinion rFactor2s biggest competition...is itself!

3. Jos

Jos Registered

Time.

4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

..No. I want good AI, or the sim will never be played by me. I don't have time for leagues or the headaches of random online pickup races.

5. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

While online league racing is my thing the AI are part of my race preparation, first hot lap, then some offline practice with traffic. So yes the AI have uses for all and the better they are...well the better it is :)

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

On the sim factory forum the devs there have said AI is very resource consuming. This thread is starting to confirm that.

You'll never get everyone here to agree on what level or how much work should be put into the AI for rF2. This conversation will continue to go in circles.

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Driving on public shows it clearly. A lot of ai are better than a lot of human ;).

8. Rik

Rik Registered

I agree . Same for me.

9. coops

coops Banned

my 2 cents worth
    i dont believe there is 1 sim out there that is going to even come close to rf2 in the near future. The tyre model the phyisics and ffb are leaps and bounds head of the competion. As it gets updated so will others but will that be enough for them to compete with rf2 ?
    im not a fanboy have played other sims and console games in the past but nothing as good as this.

10. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Still play GP4, well and truly over all the so called race sims like CM F1 " GAMES " , still have a head ache from head butting my wheel after buying them and start to play them. Never buying another racing game that is also released on a console. I remember when i used to walk into the shop to look at what new games were out and there would be literaly hundreds and now in the same shop i kid you not , one shelf 1m wide for the pc games.

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

And 0.5m of that is with boxes labelled "coming soon" :D

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Couldn't we at least agree that AI's performance should not vary that much between different tracks? I think the AI is good in rf2 when it works proberly. But now we see too much unexpected braking, some random tipping (Croft and Black hole ring at least) and some overall slowness (no matter what skill level you use).

13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Completely agree !!

14. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Maybe someone could use somthing like motec that in your first practice sesion drive till you are happy with your times then be able to submit to some data base that selected the best strengh for your opisition , some bit quicker and slower as well as using the info from the motec style program to dictate how the ai drive using info from data collected from real drivers with simular times as yourself. Instead of choosing the ai strengh it tells you what level your at. Like how you can save and load rubbered in tracks, you can load ai files.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You'll have to take that up with the track builders who either don't know how to tweak the AI or don't want to. ;)

16. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That quote could well be talking about a small update and not the release of AC Prodigy.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I will buy NKP tommorrow,now there is a limited offer until 1/3/2013,only 5euro, so I can test the Tech preview of AC! AC and rF2 will be my 2 simulators of the upcoming years if Allah wants!:)

19. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

You need to buy NKP to test AC?

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Yes, tech demo is only for NKpro owners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.