rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Does AC have something like realroad? Besides the physics(which I will assume AC can match) realroad is what sets rF2 apart from any other sim on the makret.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No it wont' have real road. Stefano said he's thought about doing something like that but he isn't currently working on it.

You're exactly right about realroad setting rF2 apart from anything else released atm.

3. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

As time passes all sims will converge on a similar solution for the tire model. It's actually already happening with rF2 and pCars. Both are actually modeling the physical dynamics of a tire given it's structural makeup. The main difference being rF2 uses explicit integration while pCars uses implicit integration done in realtime.

It features like real road that will set sims apart from each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

From several interviews I watched or read, AC will eventually include dynamic weather and dynamic road condition, but this feature won't be included for the initial launch. So rF2 already has a good start at this time.

5. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

I wonder if there is anyone that wants to build a drift mod with some nice Japanese cars in AC. I'm buying it because if the drift mode and because of the cars. AC looks very very interesting, but without some nice drift mods and street cars like the Nissan S14, it would be very sad for me...

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am rather perplexed by frequency of similar tracks, it is like you can't sell a sim without Monza, even TestDrive.

Bathurst > Shift > Shift2 > pCARS .........it is too much similar, over n over.

Build me a sim with engine, physics, tyres, etc. specifically designed for a single car.

So you would choose your sim by a single car and track combo on offer from a number.

Then I would have a choice of circuits like Milga, Targa, Isle of Man or Dundrod and other classics done in HD scratch.

You would buy a sim like you do a model, more would get released.

Over time you could spend as much as iRacing on seperate sims, no hassle online with what car what track you like or "any" add-ons.

So I am saying I would pay as much for one car and track as any sim.

HD Jaguar E-Type and Isle of Man ..oh my .........priceless :)

Something like that would be a rF2 challenger for me.

7. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

As I said earlier in the thread, RealRoad and weather are rF2's trump cards. RR is currently good but needs lots of refinement, while the weather system has a lot of potential but seems to be in a very early stage of development with seemingly some difficult unresolved issues - I say this because there's been no improvement since beta was released and it just doesn't seem to work for all mods released thus far.

8. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

No computer out there could handle the physics if they would be processed to all ai's

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If I recall correctly, someone from Kunos actually did say AI will be using the same physics as player does (it's on some old video).

This can only mean much simplier tire model than rF2 / iR, capable of running 50+ cars in realtime on average CPU.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Well most of the physics stuff is used by both ai and human, otherwise it would not work with that much different types of cars.
    The ai are using a simplified modell of course.

All i hears is that the tiremodell generates >50mb of data per second. and it eats a lot of your quadcore cpu. Want you use it by 20 ai as well?
    For the ai the old tiremodell seems pretty decent.

The main issue are bad aiw. Ai works best on ISI tracks with rf2 conform AIW.

12. 10speed

10speed Registered

rFactor2 still feels incomplete in all aspects. On paper it's the best you can get as a racing simulation right now.
    But realroad is far away from 100%. At the moment it just keeps me away from driving as the track changes during a session so much you cannot really notice any changes in the vehicle setup. With "green" track you almost have no grip at all. And then it's like every 10 or 20 minutes you leave the pits again and drive a different vehicle - just strange. Same for the weather: In the first builds you could even be faster in the rain. I don't know if this issue still is present but who cares after all. There are not many servers using the weather feature ...

So I assume AC will have a better start. Physics were already fine in its predecessor and FVA, tracks and cars are very accurate (graphics) and it just looks so beautiful. Maybe AC will have less features than rfactor2, but there is reasonable cause to hope these will be implemented well.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Let's not worry about AI to much

Online against human drivers is where we all want to be right?

A good selection of decent leagues will surely come

14. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

This sounds like what happens in real life...

15. coops

coops Banned

+1

16. Miro

Miro Registered

:D lol

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

IMHO, even with a lot of features still unimplemented, rF2 still has more features and realism than any other sim I have yet driven.

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Thanks for posting this info. :)

19. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

50mb/s per tire?

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The only sim I ever played with good AI was Race 07- but only before the summer 2011 round of updates. the AI now sucks. I don't know what changed, but it was the same update that introduced hillclimb. From everything I have gathered here from ISI posts, rF2 is supposed to have great AI because it is not being made as a sandbox only, this is supposed to be a complete game with a lot of ISI content and great offline AND online racing.

But now, in the beta phase, it still lacks good AI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.