rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1lover

F1lover Registered

This is the point we are here to discuss in an open forum free opinion. I can appreciate his stance on rF2. However its not fair to just make statements that are shall we say incorrect. Remember AC will be modable. Just as rF1 did not have active Weather or Pit stops upon its initial release, I am very sure AC will have it in the coming future.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I must say that I'm finding these issues too, but then again I'm not sure what can be done to these issues.

Something has happened to me several times is that when entering the corner AI car all of sudden moves from left side of track to right side where I'm attempting to overtake him at braking as I know I can go faster into and in corner as well as out from corner than them, but they catch me on straights.
    Problem with that move is that AI does it very quickly and immediately when at front of me slams on brakes and as AI car is only 1-2 meters front of me all of sudden with that violent move of his there is no way to avoid crashing behind of AI car.

But sometimes they attempt that and I predict it, then see them spin out of control of their own as they forgot that inertia and apply brakes before their car is settled.

This mostly happens at first turn of LRP.

Also I have found AI cars being sometimes lot faster in qualifying at LRP, while my performance is same at race and at qualifying, can't make several seconds off from my time in qualify, don't see reason to go that much slower in race, that causes for me then worse starting position than my level is or AI being horribly slow at race compared to me.

But this might be mostly because I drive too fast in race.

They seem to go slower for first lap too, not sure if bit too slowly, but I can make my way from middle to first in 2-3 first corners at LRP, then after 2-3 laps they start to run nearly same times as me, but I have then easily 20 seconds lead already.

With 95% AI I'm close to their times though, using regional skippy.

It is of course quite problematic to find proper balance for AI cars, but I would think that their increased performance on straights and lesser performance at corners is bit too far apart currently at least with 95% setting.

I have done testing so that I have had more speed at exit of corner, I can see how I gain car in front of me, but at middle of straight that car is pulling away from me, which is something I find odd. I have kept my throttle floored and shifted before limiter, so I should from my understanding be faster for whole straight if I'm faster at exit of corner.
    However that difference is really small with 95% larger if I increase their strength.

Hard to get cornering performance to be similar, maybe I should test running old tire model and see if difference comes from there, I have done some testing with that and have found out old tire model being more understeering than new in some cases.

Little boost for mid corner performance however would probably be all that is needed to get them running at enjoyable way and have better races against them.

1 person likes this.
  3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yet, here we have a 7 pages thread, based purely on speculation (I believe AC will do this, No I dont, Im sure it will have that, No Im sure it will not). Such a heated discussion without any facts whatsoever, really weird situation (Im not backing Cdn's silly behaving in any way with this)

1 person likes this.
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Please,let's wait AC first release and rF2 gold version ,then we will be able to make these comparisons!

1 person likes this.
  5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

i agree with you two ^^

but here are some facts:

best rf mod = DRM Revival
    proof:

the creators of DRM Revival won't make a rf2 mod.
    the creators of DRM Revival will make a AC mod.

end of the discussion :p

1 person likes this.
  6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What is my stance on rF2? Where did I put my stance on rF2 in this thread? Hmmm. Me thinks you are a bit confused and I have noticed now that you are back peddling since your first response to me. lol ;)

Edit: I'm out of this thread though. After going back and reading abit it's become a mud slinging contest I'm not interested in. The National Enquirer isnt' my type of read.

Edit number two: A youtube video is proof that one mod is " the best mod EVAR". LOL. ummmmm k. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  7. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Yeah, if it's what you mean - they'll abruptly change line in the braking zone. That's a definite no-no. But again, a bit of it's OK as it keeps you on your toes and humans do it from time to time.

They're really slow off the line at LR. You can take half the field by T1. I imagine that's easier to fix than the other stuff.

I don't want to moan too much, they're already race-able and better than what I've experienced before.

AC will be making a big error if they don't have plans for changing environment. It's a huge step forward for immersion that I didn't expect - just seeing the sky change for example - but it addresses that unreality of doing infeasible numbers of laps and then driving to a formula which I know some people do in iRacing to get fast.

8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Its Obvious that you really don't respect others Opinions, I am not hear to start a word war with anyone. To each there own.
    I say this as you disrespect me with the Non approval rating for my post. Its really not worth the effort to go this deep into a conversation. All the best to you.

1 person likes this.
  9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

1 person likes this.
  11. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

[​IMG]
    uuuuuuh bring it on, sweetheart!
    Think you can hit the reputation button better than us?!?

12. hoover

hoover Registered

4. the creators of DRM Revival might be eating their words very soon. ;)

I always thought the Enduracers mod to be the best rf1 mod, so I guess it's a matter of personal taste & preference which mod one might consider "the best" out there. Basing a "proof" on personal preference is shaky at best, though. ;)

All the best, Uwe

13. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

how's that?
    i think hell would freeze before they return to rf2.

sure it's a matter of taste. get a sense of humour. :p

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

lOlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll S luisHamilton,very funny:)

1 person likes this.
  15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Enduracers' GT/LMPX mod is a stunning piece of work.

16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Where have they said this? That is extremely disappointing if so. On the flip side it will be in AC, so win anyway. But would of been good to see it in rF2 with it's features. It and HistorX are by far my favourite mods for rF1.

17. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

they told me in a private conversation.
    my heart was bleeding as well when i heard it.
    i always wanted to drive DRM revival on the nords with the fine physics from rf2.

18. hoover

hoover Registered

Sure, just checked, it's still there where I last saw it ;)

Cheers, Uwe

19. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

DRM mod, great car models and sounds, probably one of the best. Car physics, not convinced. The only people I think have nailed physics through the gmotor engine is Niels and the Reiza team. Personally speaking, the best mods by a fair margin.

20. taufikp

taufikp Registered

IMO, rF2 biggest challenger is ... the slow development process, and angry simmers ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.