Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

You answered my question.
    PS: A π would be horrible with out gravy

2. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

The silence is them working I'm sure. ISI do have what it takes to do it. I know i said I'm a bit worried but i didn't mean it to sound pessimistic or like I was implying anything other than that we are having to wait a little longer than we had thought 12 months ago.
    I 100% support ISI and rf2 and i always will!! to be clear.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Deja vu thread.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

These threads can be entertaining at times. Not enough pCars comparisons though. Or how great and modest of a guy Ian Bell is. :p

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yeah, i hate him.

6. doug484

doug484 Registered

HA! Yes, I can imagine it quite vividly. I see the torches and pitchforks now...

7. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

your post goes perfectly together with your avatar.. ! lol

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Just thought I would throw it out there but I want an update. Because. I am entitled. That's why. Plus I am white. Gimme.

1 person likes this.
  9. gigignecco

gigignecco Registered

The problem is real...and it's becoming more and more important everyday, RFactor doesn't take off, it's stagnant.
    The updates that arrive with difficulty never match the expectations and nobody see the end of the tunnel.
    Above all, the modders (the major plus of the rfactor project) are blocked since too much time...and probably they will finally devote themselves to something else.
    Do you remember this video? It was the 14th January 2012:

If this delay were due to an unforeseen difficulty, it would be normal to share it with umility and professionality reviewing with the community the timing line. Together. To give people the chance to organize themselves.

What is happening is that ISI is slowing down and nobody knows why. Things aren't getting better at all, on the contrary!
    This is not professional, we all know the rules of the game.

I officially and humbly ask ISI to share the new timing line....that's what I expect from professionals.

1 person likes this.
  10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Or I have one theory...rFactor 2 is actually finished and the devs are enjoying some very large tubs of popcorn while reading these threads...some of them have even turned into psychologists and are actually using this forum as some weird examination of the human mind...how we respond to being given treats...how the time between the treats changes the behavior...also how a sense of entitlement comes over some of the subject group in certain circumstances regarding the treats...

I've paid money for the year long subscription. I knew that I would get access to online play for one year once the game went gold with that licence. ISI said though that us early adopters will actually get a bit longer than 1 year.
    Already, that is a pretty ok deal.
    But in paying this amount up front, that I would have to pay when rf2 goes gold anyway, I get access to beta rf2.

You've paid for the full game. You are getting extras, coming up to almost a years worth of rf2 beta time. You aren't owed anything other than what you are getting from ISI already.
    This is the way I see it, and I know other will see differently. Just enjoy what you do have, which is in my books, better than everyone else out there.

I come from a Simbin background (GTR, GTL, GTR2, Race07/Evo) as well as a bit of GPL. Saw some videos of the 60's F1's and I just had to get rf2.
    After a couple of months I went back to drive Simbins STCC, which is what I was doing before rf2 and it felt absolutly terrible. I have mostly been turned off from playing the Simbin titles from a simming point of view. The cars felt dead, the lighting looked flat, etc etc. I still love the sounds, and I will still blat round in GTL for the memories, but I don't think I will be dropping rf2...for a looooong time.
    The only reason I have cranked GTR2 back up is the release of Power and Glory 3, as well as the full short Targa Florio that was just released...and I'm sure the rf2 modders will get round to similar things with rf2, after seeing what was done with rf1.

1 person likes this.
  11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I think pCars looks soooo good, and its the best thing since sliced bread, and rF2 its so... hard and stupid.
    Ian Bell... isnt he the cricket player who made that computer game aswell? He is SO great and hairy... and modest too, and he has a cat and a big penis.

Yes Im sure Sigmund is doing backflips in his collectible greek urn as we speak.

Which game might you be referring to? 'Cause if its the game of game development and the business revolving around it, "We" doesnt include you, proven by your statement.

12. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

:)
    Give him to keith richards

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I have now turned to self-harm.

:( I am looking at you, Tim.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I frankly don't understand a single bit of your post. The software has improved in every aspect seen in that video, and the video was made with content and features you've had since January.

15. 88mphTim

The series itself wouldn't be interested.

16. 88mphTim

Indeed. Thanks for your understanding.

17. 88mphTim

Again, your preference isn't something which is even possible. People who make 3D models aren't programming the tire model. The engineers doing the tires aren't either, they input things based on data into the tire model made by... The person who made the tire model. One doesn't do the other.

18. 88mphTim

The devs are too busy developing. I'm not going to make anybody write who can't or doesn't want to. :)

If you're asking for an update to the effect of "we are testing an update today" then you know we are. Assume it, as that won't differ from what's happening anyway... ;)

I think Gjon is intending to post about delaying of the most recent update (which was hoped 1+ week ago). But again it's just words, same as mine, you can accept my info, or don't. I just frankly can't see a point, at all, in talking about there being no talking. Hasn't it been like this enough time for it to be known that we work, release updates, communicate when we can? Shouldn't still be shocking, surely...

19. 88mphTim

Ding ding. The fact it was released at that time so they could test an aspect we wanted them to test didn't mean anything about any other feature or status of development as a whole. It was released to test what we wanted.

There wasn't actually any notification when testing started that anything other than build 49 would be public, by the way. We could have quite happily kept every other build internal... We are trying pretty damned hard to involve you folks here, even when sometimes it's hard for you.

20. 88mphTim

Sorry haven't had time to be in the forum much. Had some projects to finish.

Haven't read all this thread either.

In any case, hoping Gjon will post something tomorrow about the dev build or the build which should have got public last week (and didn't).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.