Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coops

coops Banned

i believe most of the info ppl are looking for will come from modders not ppl just playing the sim.
    IMHO i dont care what isi says, its a mod friendly sim, till the modders are happy they can use all the features it will never go gold.

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

How are the modders going to supply info on how the rain model is doing? how the optimisation for latest gen cards is going? and all those other questions that get asked. It will go Gold when ISI are ready not when the modders say it is ready...one would of course hope that both will be happy at the same time because rFactor sinks or swims on the strength of the modders input and I cannot wait for the modders work to start appearing in a finished form. :)

3. coops

coops Banned

show me where ISI is giving you this info your talking about?
    oh thats right they dont

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sweet ....so I will be onlining F3 and BT20 free forever but with a few 100 tracks

Keep up the good work !

hehehe

5. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Never said they did, but I fail to see your point. Only ISI could give that info, and as has been said ad infinitum they choose not to. But this is the kind of info threads like this are calling for, not something a modder could help with.

6. doug484

doug484 Registered

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for some sort of timeline of what to expect. I do agree with most here in that silence is probably the wrong approach.

I know a lot of us here work in the computer field and have at some point worked on a project. Projects are planned out in terms of how many hours of work it takes to get to certain milestones. We all also know whatever you're working on - software or hardware - that things hardly ever go exactly as planned. Adjustments get made, the milestone date slips, and things carry on.

ISI doesn't have to tell us anything at all. Maybe there are even really good reasons to not tell us certain things. However, I do think if we had some sort of basic plan with best guesses at milestone dates it might quiet things down a bit. Of course some of the milestone date will slip, but I think a lot of us would understand.

1 person likes this.
  7. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Good post. I have to admit I am a bit worried about ISI. I think the silence says a lot.
    All we can do is hope.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What exactly what am I supposed to be hoping for, that all our separate fantasy and desire will be meet because while were onlining rF2 we all got a visit from the Fairy Godmother that whispered in our ears. hehehe :)

Only bad thing can happen is they go broke and the server crashes. p I don't think that is going to happen..........

I could run 1960s forever as I said just keep the tracks coming.
    Find new things everyday beta testing not just bugs but fantastic things ! :)

Like how you can do controlled 360s in the BT20 one after another driving around Indianapolis or how the front right starts to blister if you push too hard.

The differences going back to rubber pack from other sessions and everyone dropping .3 off the pace. Where you get that in another sim, none I ever drove.

So anything above 1960s and how it drives at this time in Gold will be Gravy to me, then again, I like my meat without condiments.

That would be a belligerent attitude towards other series and car lovers ............so don't take it literally.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol just heard the latest COD is it ?

It took 500 million in 24 hours. foc lmao

So maybe people should play them ( death and destruction ) less and sims more.

We would have 7 versions in 7 years too.

10. elbo

elbo Registered

Well since this thread is kind of wound out I'll ask the hard-hitting question:
    How does a guy from Sydney Australia wind up with 'Bubbles' as an avatar?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok,I'm glad that you will drive the BT20 for ever but there are a lot of people that are waiting for more cars,GT cars,and tracks!said this,I trust ISI ,and I'm already happy with the 2-3 cars that I use always(Clio,Megan,370Z) but I think that ISI can and should do more and better!

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bubbles don't shaft his mates in a fight.

...and he likes cats.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If they had 100,000 customers ....... yes I think they can do better for sure.

I would be asking another certain sim about that before rF2. :)

14. osella

osella Registered

It was said to me on this forum that rf1 actually sold more than 100 000 copies. So it's not like it's THAT small company with no money, so they just should do more and better :p

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

that sums it up for me (although I would prefare plain English than Aussie language)

16. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Can you imagine the meltdown here when that "slip" happens...

17. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Has anyone thought that maybe it could be a good thing that we haven't had an update in a while, it could mean that ISI are getting close to the release/gold version??

1 person likes this.
  18. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I'm Australian and can hardly understand the guy, he's definitely not speaking Aussie language!
    ;)

1 person likes this.
  19. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Let us all consider Live for Speed....

1 person likes this.
  20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL, whats up DD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.