Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

I haven't even thought about playing it for weeks now, I love RF2 and want to see it completed but the progress is far too slow and my interest has slipped away :(

2. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Be patient, be patient, be patient. It's like mantra.
    How long should we be patient? Where is the limit? Why ISI doesn't tell us anything about the development and plans for future? Why we are kept in the dark?

3. ROON

ROON Registered

I gave up caring a few months ago. Hopped on the forum just a few minutes ago to see if there'd been any progress, and sure enough there's been little to none. Why am I not surprised...?

Exactly this. As it stands, rF2 has beautiful FFB which cannot be rivaled, but that's about it. There's no tyre model which renders setups almost pointless, realroad isn't fully functional, wet weather is missing a load of effects (both visual and physical), the graphics look god awful with the exception of the work of a few talented modders, and the sound definitely needs some attention. Modders have been saying for months now that they'll not release their content until gold, or at least until ISI fixes much discussed issues. Well neither of those appear to be on the horizon, and I thought ISI said this was a "modding beta". Modding is the heart and soul of rFactor, after all. Instead we get a tiny update of maybe one car and one track every three to four months, with no substantial or fundamental improvements to the engine itself. Don't even get me started on ISI's complete lack of competent communication with we, the consumers who have supported them with our own $$$. Yet they insist that all the info we ask for is out there...... somewhere.......

All of the above means rF2 has been a rather disappointing experience for me. I was hoping to log on here after a few months of inactivity and see that things had picked up pace and were moving along steadily. But as I expected, it's just the same ol' same ol'.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nige

Nige Registered

If we all demand refunds (if only we were in the window :rolleyes:) Im sure that will get ISI going. But seriously though, I'm really disappointed in the way ISI has been doing things. What if a potential buyer/s come onto the forums too see what rFactor 2 is all about but then sees the lack of updates, poor scheduling, poor communication to customers etc etc, I highly doubt they going to buy the product if they see it was meant to be a 6 month period of beta and all of us going on like spoiled kids:p. I really do wonder if they have lost alot of sales due to this, as news can spread really quickly.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This:(I have done an endurance race with my league 2 weeks ago and since then I didn't play rF2 anymore,waiting for a new contents and the servers are empty!

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

our league has spent the better part of $1000 this year on our empty servers...add that up across the empty lobby and i think it shows how much we are being let down atm

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Like I said, Great read.

"tell them something and miss the deadline, they whine its late... tell them something and make the deadline, they whine its not good enough... tell them something but dont say when, they keep asking are we there yet and why not?... dont tell them anything, and they whine about everything equally..."

Should round about sum up the inner monologue of game developers around the world in relationship to the most devout customer base.

Why do you think that while placing an order and paying someone xx currency makes them oblicated to entertain you till you get your order?
    Its a damn preorder with the bonus of getting your hands on to beta, why whine about that?
    Do you act like this when you order - insert item here - from any of the online stores?
    And if this is only about the deadline of 6 months beta and you get your new toy, where the hell have you been? It takes some seriously big rock to crawl under from to not know what does the "release date" actually mean.

Off to happier topics.

That was great. I was thinking of a car purchase metaphor but you nailed it.

There there Kk. You did good.

Oh look at the time, time to go see if my powerslide improved while i was sleeping.

8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Yup that does sting..

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Spot on. Sadly. :rolleyes:

10. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

wow. that does suck... but I think mod groups (if they still exist) hehe, Need to start announcing stuff, so the communities anticipation grows for the game. ISI cars/tracks are cool and all, but at the end of the day, none of us are going to be driving them once mods are being made/released. What boggles my mind is some of these groups (mmg, fsone, enduracers; more of the known mod groups) aren't even trying to convert there rf1 material to the new platform at all. We are just stuck waiting on ISI doing things at their own pace.

At this point, Looks like rFactor1 will roll along at least for one more year with a lot of leagues around the world who follow real world racing schedules.

11. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I think one of the main problems is the lack of communication, but this has been discussed and understood. It is not happening.

It seems to me that there are three entities involved here. There is ISI (the people making this sim), there is the now legendary Tim, and there is 'us' (the paying customers, 'Beta' testers, professional moaners/whiners and miserable sods). ISI (the people making this sim) don't even know we are here, so please don't expect to hear back.

Tim is our go-between man. Yes he works for ISI (although sometimes you wouldn't think it), but he's really the only reason we know anything (at all) about what is happening with this sim. And yes sometimes he doesn't seem to know much himself, but we won't hold that against him... it would probably be easier to gain access to top secret government documents on 'little green men' than it would be to find out what ISI are up to. So we should be thankful.

?

1 person likes this.
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It would be a massive shame to see rfactor 2 go to waste
    i.e -a general falling of interest & participation followed by fairly bad reports banding around the community etc which would promote a lack of interest thus it will pretty much come to nothing
    - in the mean time other new sims could be starting to become the choice of 2013 & on

I've decided to give rfactor 2 a break & come back to give it a try in a few months, I must admit my hopes are starting to disappear a little,an ambitious project but irrelevant if it dosnt appear

Maybe ISI are in serious trouble with this or maybe their completely on top of this & getting ready to pull something out of the hat who knows?

Quite frustrating,but like I say giving it a break was the best thing for me, I do hope to come back to it though but that depends on quality & the extent of updates
    I'm not interested in the micro builds that's been delivered so far

13. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Why not ISI cars/tracks? :confused:

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

P.s

It sounds as though I'm having a dig at ISI but I'm not,
    Even if rf2 dosnt really get anywhere I'm still happy to have purchase the beta etc as I had such a blast with rfactor 1 I was happy to contribute to ISI on this occasion & to give rf2 a try.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Can't quite see how it's ISI at fault for you spending extra money on servers for a beta, that's your own risk as far as I'm concerned, same as any of us upgrading hardware purely for this game....we're all better off waiting until gold.

As for lack of communication, yeah we know their stance and its still lame in my opinion....if you can write emails you can write status updates....simple!

16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I think that's exactly what people should do if they get bored waiting for new updates/content. I believe it would prevent one from getting frustrated too. Wait two weeks and come back saturday to see if new build or content has been released. If not, wait for another two weeks. Eventually there will be new content or built. See release notes and/or people's comments. If it's not "major update" no-one prevents from skipping it. If it looks good then try it out and who knows maybe it's a pleasant surprise. :)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I was wondering this too... :confused:

Imo ISI have given us some of the best tracks already in historic Spa, Monza and Monaco. Yes they need a bit of an overhaul graphically and maybe in some other areas as well but man are they a blast to drive. No matter what mods come out (and I`m sure there will be some amazing mods of tracks and cars done by some very talented modders for us to enjoy) I for one will still drive the 60`s content on the historic tracks as they are just too good to be dropped imo.

Each to their own by all means but that`s the way I feel. I also enjoy the other cars and tracks done by ISI so they`ll still get driven too but I do like the 60`s stuff... it was a fantastic (but sadly very dangerous) time in F1 as far as I`m concerned and nothing in the sim world with the possible exception of good old Gpl has come close to capturing it like rf2 has done/is doing.

I very much look forward to some fantastic mods to drive in rf2 but ISI`s stuff will still be getting very good use from me.

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Maybe this is the real problem. You are out of touch. The thread title indicates that many have given up and no longer care. You lost your core.

Leagues won't touch rF2 because of a) bugs and b) beta updates are known to cripple a game. If the championship leader can't get his game to work when an update is released the day before the big race.... it's a problem. Plus, there are very few cars in each of the mods released so far. Yeah you can do spec racing, but only 1 season.

We need rF2 to be finished- we don't need ISI's content right now. All we care about is rF2 getting finished, get the content to us later. This way, the modders can go to town and fill out the content. ISI- forget making content and just finish the dame game so that the big modding groups can push forward with the mods that are started but hanging in limbo RIGHT NOW. And start to get your heads OUT of rF2 and OUT of this forum. Go read about the sim racing scene and get connected with your audience. You guys are out of touch.

1 person likes this.
  20. osella

osella Registered

It has been stated many times that 3d artists, sound guys etc. are not programmers so they can't be redirected into programming.
    Lack of programmers at ISI seems to be the problem then but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.