Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Implying i would complain when they are not releasing fast enough.....

2. tjc

tjc Registered

No... implying everyone`s gone pretty quite through disappointment that there`s not going to be an update...

The way I see it...

3. 10speed

10speed Registered

more than approx. 15 players -> lots of lags
    pitstops -> rfactor2 likely to crash
    finished tire physics -> no
    driver changes -> no

but most importantly: crash behaviour -> crazy
    Graviation clearly is not implemented at all. Hit a curb too hard and you will rollover. Hit another car, wall etc. and you are about to experience how stunt pilots feel. That's not a good basis for league racing.
    Content is no problem at all. At least for me the addon tracks already available are much more interesting than ISI's content. The problem is that rfactor2's core components are still not finished. If ISI did concentrate on this instead of the content there would be many modders creating new cars for rfactor2.

4. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"60 €/$/£/pesos or what ever you use in your country, is somehow making the developers obligated to keep you entertained, is the biggest horse **** these forums have seen since the World War 2."
    I do not really get the essence of your whole post, however the statement above seems pretty weird to me.

Generally the relationship between a company and a customer goes as follows: 1. company makes an offer and specifies the conditions (join beta for 60€ and you will get the final product within +/- 6 months). 2. the customer analyses the offer and decides if it's acceptable or not. Let's assume that the customer is fine with the proposal:
    Now comes the interesting part, the transaction between the parties: 3. customer pays 4. company delivers.

Still with me so far?

> let's take a closer a the status of the process # 4: company delivers. Actually, the expected delivery is late by 6 months. Instead of giving you an explanation, the company tells you that you're too impatient and for that reason it will not let you know when it plans to deliver.

To summarize: YES, you are right, as I paid, I DO expect ISI to entertain me. This priniciple is in place since thousands of years around the world.

And, YES: the day the beta was out for sale, ISI was stating that it was expecting the beta to last 6 months. Even though it was not a firm contractual clause, from a consumer right point of view, you have signed in under certain conditions. One party has changed them unilaterally and refuses now to give you clear indications on the progress of your order. If we would speak about 1 or 2 months, you would get off easily. But the timeframe has doubled... Considering that ISI is not giving any update, you could argue that ISI has been misleading the customer... > a court would generally consider the agreement between parties are cancelled > refund....
    this is only argumentation: I don't want a refund, I don't care about the 60€ and I don't care anymore how rf2 moves on or not... I'm just p... off as a customer and think that the way ISI lets us down (communication wise) is not acceptable...

5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Anyone can put milestones to a project plan but who has the ability to plan resources and task durations realistically - that's another story. It may sound so easy but in software development and especially in research-natured projects it's quite the opposite. More of crystal ball than straightforward choices. :)

I know this has been said million times but we all actually PAID for being BETA TESTERS. To be honest it's pretty stupid thing for one to do in the first place. :) On the other hand ISI has provided us a product which has been totally playable all along. It could have been released as a final product many months ago. Surely buggy one but still working piece of software. So I really can't see we have right to complain. Of course we can always wish things but that's not the "tone" I've been hearing here lately.

And I'm not a blind fanboy but trying to be realistic and fair here.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Oh really?!! Got a link to a post where ISI says there isn't going to be anymore updates? :rolleyes:

I'm outta this thread though. Pure troll post that could have been posted in the Tims' tweets thread. OP obviously wanted some special attention.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I never said there was`nt going to be any more updates period...

I said there`s not going to be an update inferring one update. Should have said "soon" so you`d have understood eh?

:rolleyes:

8. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Wow, nothing like confirming that there is NOT going to update to quiet the community...

I must have missed that,,when did tim say that..
    Also if you look at the updates dates they seem to run in the order of every month then two months then every month and so on.
    So for what its worth,i think update this week..ever optimistic me;)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

I can`t remember where... Tim`s Tweets thread maybe but some guys were asking about the next update and saying it`ll be soon etc and Tim replied that no, in his opinion the update wouldn`t be soon at all (or words to that effect)

That was a few days ago though so here`s hoping. :)

10. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I think that the devs should be forced into small cages and shocked with cattle prods 24 hours a day until rf2 is completed.

11. spider19462000

But what if it turns out that they like being forced into small cages and shocked with cattle prods 24 hours a day.
    Then it will never turn gold,and i will never get to use tuttles top gear test track.;)

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Or taken outside and beaten with a gardenhose like Gjon did when developing rf1.

fwiw i bought a beta, i honestly did not expect anything because it was a beta. i just will either continue to use the beta as intended or ignore it and wait untill its gold. demanding stuff is not going to work.
    And even if that works, they would release something because we demanded it, not because its ready for testing.

Maybe if we had not demanded so much changes, tweaks and whatnot rf2 would have been gold by now hehe!

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol that last bit is oh so true from all the betas I've been involved with in my gaming life!

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Doesn't this thread title count? :)

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Waoh!, I'm impressed by the sudden silence after so much noisy keyboards sounds around here. Bah, it was distracting ;)

Hi Tim! Happy to see you around :)

Alive and Kicking?

Do you have some news to share with us? :)

16. spider19462000

See tims tweets:)

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks, missed that, good :)

18. spider19462000

your welcome

19. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Yea, he just types ISI_BABYFACTORY at a cash machine and he's good for another 10 years!

1 person likes this.
  20. This never happened to me! Might be your hardware! ;)
    FYI THE ANSWER TO A JOKE IS A JOKE!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.