MotorSport Ranch v.9 [BETA]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by PlickBadger, Nov 6, 2012.

1. canastos

canastos Registered

Good news; thanks :)

byyyyyyyyye

2. yokelhama

yokelhama Registered

Great news Plick, no need to apologise.

3. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

[​IMG]

Cheers and Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  4. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

This is a great track. Still planning 1.0 release? :)

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

MSR 1.1

I really haven't been too inclined to publicly share my tracks. I know they're not that great and need a lot of work in certain areas, but the level of criticism can really be disheartening.

6. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Thanks for sharing Plick!

Also, I agree that sometimes the criticism here could be phrased in a more constructive, helpful manner. Sometimes it sounds derogatory. At times, I'm not sure if this is due to language differences or otherwise. I mean really, if one doesn't like a track for whatever reason, just uninstall it.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you so much for sharing this man. Your work is appreciated, very much so.
    Just a couple of goofs around here (minority) a little too eager with the exclamation marks and condescension.
    Sometimes language barriers plays its part too I'm sure.

8. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks PB.

To encourage you here is ten hours of singing dedicated to the badgers glory:

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you :)

10. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Oh man thanks, P.B. Looking forward to trying it. Interestingly, I've been driving the daylights out of the rF1 version lately with the Beetle Race mod that is forthcoming to rF2. Wow what a combo! But then, almost any car is fun at this track.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow.

Wow as in thanks for the update to an already great track.

And wow, that is too bad about the disheartening part. The only criticism you need to pay any attention to is that from people who have released better tracks than yours. I have not seen modders with respectable quality work bashing each other on here, so I expect you will get none. In addition, we can count the number of modders who have done better tracks on one hand.

Every other comment, no matter how helpful and respectfully crafted, or lame and crude and rude, you can just consider fodder for your own learning process and work preferences. Do whatever you can and feel pleased to do and screw everyone else. We are all enjoying your hard work for free, so are in no position to demand anything.

Personally, I think this track is so good as-is (a very few graphical tweaks remaining) that if I were ISI I would contact you to ask about you contacting MotorSport Ranch regarding licensing. I would then try to work a deal with you to include it as official content, because it wouldn't take much for the ISI team to turn this into a commercial-ready release. How many third-party tracks fit into that category?!?! I think others would agree with me. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of --and that's only this track I am talking about. You have other tracks (including the amazing and very popular Dallas Karting Complex), your Miata mod, the Clio mod and you have even helped (me) with some tracks that weren't yours.

PlickBadger for President! ;) Seriously, you are one of the top contributors to our community, so feel free to ignore any undue criticism for what it is and stay on your own course. It is clearly working for you. But don't hold-out on us, either ;)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah, Marc basically said all that's needed to say. :)

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

+ another one that agrees with above posts.
    Ta very much for your fantastic track Mr Plick. :cool:

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Many thanks, Mr PlickBadger...for this track and for all your work!

15. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Great post, Marc. ...and PB also did the awesome Texas World Speedway. PB is a MVP for sure.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow I had no clue that PB also made TWS! I've been enjoying that track so much lately after that Spec racing video was posted.

PB for world president! :D

17. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I really wasn't trolling for love, but I sincerely appreciate it! :eek:

I'm finishing up an update to TWS, which I will release publicly. It's basically a graphic and AIW update. All I have left is the AIW redo, which is a bit time consuming. It should be done in a couple of weeks.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks PB... :cool:

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You couldn't have given me a better piece of news, man. I adore that track! All your hard is really really appreciated, be sure of that. :)

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You're the guy that made that Dallas Kart Track?!! OMG I'm downloading this track ASAP! You're work on Dallas was great!!!