I am going to buy both AC and rf2 regardless of which is best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Do u expect to buy only the best of AC or rf2 or both

1. I will most likely buy only the one I think is best

15 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. I will most likely buy both

88 vote(s)
    73.9%
  3. It depends

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Maybe and maybe ... today we have two products that can be assessed in the respective stage...

And in terms of the total package pCARS/rF2 I mean what is currently offered.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

whatever fixes you bud.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well obviously the guys at AC have tried the competitions physics and tyres ....... surely. :)

I would think if they thought they had a rF2 beater we would have heard more about it.

Not saying it won't be, okay. :)

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Don't see why we would hear that from them, seems far more the style of the user base to sing the praises of their favourite sim, the Devs on the whole seem to respect each others work and don't play the, we are better than you game. As AC is not even being tested outside the tiny development team there is not much to say about it at all. Both rF2 and AC will rise or fall on the quality and hard work of the modders. As evidenced by the sudden rise in interest in that old workhorse GTR 2, brought back from the brink of extinction by the new Power and Glory mod.

Personally I think rF2 will keep rFactor as the go to Sim, I have them all, and for all it's current flaws it is still the one I feel has the most depth.

Boy can't you tell we are in that pre update slump LOL I hope Tims hint that the next one is not that far away is accurate. I think there will be an acceleration of those things we know are coming over the next couple of months, I feel it in my bones.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've known the guys from AC about as long as I've known Gjon. I just don't think that's who they are. But then again, you also won't see me talking about other products being better or worse, either. I just want to see the genre supported... I buy games from the genres I like quite often, even if I know it's not going to be exactly what I want. Sort of a "Good try, TRY AGAIN" thing. Without purchases, who knows if some of those small companies without all the supportive revenue streams ISI has even could try again?

Racing sims have been plentiful, bit before rF2, what were you running? What were your real choices except iRacing, RBR, NKP, LFS, Codemasters and something based on an ISI engine (whether rF1 or something else). That's pathetic, frankly. This genre needs more players involved, it's good for the genre as every one brings some kind of new feature, some kind of new technology, and the genre as a whole moves forward - and you have more CHOICE. Isn't that what you want? :)

Another major benefit, from a brand perspective, is that every single one of those choices, has it's supporters, and much like this thread, someone is going to go to an AC user who has never heard of rF2, and talk about rF2. Every sim product sells every other sim product.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Actually the dream would be to have just one Sim that does everything, but thats never gonna happen! Choice is a great thing of course but having too much choice (in my experience) can actually have a negative effect, as you want to race one sim but its lacking in features that another sim has so you race that but thats not as good and you get frustrated and scream at your wheel and throw your keyboard across the room in anger :mad: eeerrr anyway too much choice is'nt always best!

7. 88mphTim

Yeah I see that, but IMHO this genre needs a few more. It'll get there I'm sure.

8. costamesa

costamesa Registered

So you are also saying that the buyers have to manage their expectations, too?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I did not mean it like ours is better then yours. for petes sake

AC, they have had the chance to give rF2 a proper go to boot.
    Virtually no detailed info or news, only glossy small pics and flowery statements, resized screenshots and video.

Here we are people ask you constantly Tim for more info, they never stop, same thing over n' over.

So what i should not expect more from AC ? lol

ISI released a lot of info and news before the beta was even announced.
    They had real time video and detail on suspension, tyres, lots of things.

AC have shown me nothing till they do I won't be buying their product, simple. :)

You let people put threads up like this, you want a answer you got it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  10. 88mphTim

I don't really understand what those expectations are and how related to the context of where the discussion is... So I can't answer your question.

11. 88mphTim

Ah, that's what it seemed like you were asking (if they would). So I answered I didn't think they were the type. ;)

And the rest of my post was a general gaming industry rant. :D

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Question was will you buy AC as well.

Well that is it for me because I have already brought rF2, period.

Why did I buy rF2.......

Well for months Tim there was detailed info on suspension and tyres, virtually everything.
    big unedited screenshots, realtime raw video that really showed me what a F3 handles like
    at Monaco......... ( " Oh my what will a F1 be like.... ?!?!? " hehehehe )

AC what have I got in information ? for me it is all relatively unknown quality, sure it looks fantastic, so does pCARS and RR.

If I stick to principles and assuming there is no refund as rF2 then I will have to wait to get simmers opinion I know that think as I do. Which means if a certain few tell me rF2 is better I will not buy it, no way.

So it is probably better for AC to try to AWE me beforehand. :)

I let myself get sucked into pCARS even though from that Watkins-Lotus video I could clearly see the thing tracked way too easy almost to the point of looking semi-sim.
    Boy I got tarred and feathered for saying that ! I was right but :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

We need bigger sim compaines, ie, Reiza/ISI/Simbin/Kunos become one and pump out larger sims on a more regular basis.

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

With what simbin has put out lately they are pretty much off the radar as far as racing simulations are concerned. Too bad really as gtr2 is a classic in my books.

15. 88mphTim

I think most companies have their own directions. I can't see this happening, ever. :D Even when you see similar content, that's really because many people making sims, love racing, love the cars, love the history, and want to make those cars.

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yes but if some companies combined forces, you could build 25-40 car sims every few yrs....this should be more appealing to sim players and racing gamers alike.....but how many gamers are ever going to buy Netkar/GSC with such small content...

17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I hate the way RRE currently drives, but it should be much better in "get real mode".

18. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I rather take healthy competition and different visions over a monopoly.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'll most likely get AC aswell, depends on a few things, but most likely ya.

I'll also add Kartsim to that list, and most if not all games based on the rFactor 2 engine, (Pleeeeeeeaaasssse Reiza)

20. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Guys,

I have been running the beta of RF2 since it was made available and have been loving it. So much in fact, I ponied up for the lifetime option. I am still a bit put off by the graphics performance on triple screens, but am optimistic this will be sorted out soon. The FFB is amazing!

I finally download the trial of nKP 1.3 after falling prey to all the hype in user forms.

I'll stick with ISI from what I have seen, though may try AC if it ever reaches gold.

After doing a lot of research the past few days, it appears that KUNOS has sold out to Ball Racing Development and not opening up AC for DIY motion simulator builders such as our group. We have been running ISI, SimBin, iRacing and Codemasters (yuk) powering x-simulator motion rigs for nearly three yeas now. Why would I want to run AC with no motion output when we have all of these forward thinking developers supporting the DIY motion community?

For that reason alone, AC has fallen off my radar for the time being.

Kudos Tim! Please don't close the motion plug-in for RF2!