I am going to buy both AC and rf2 regardless of which is best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Do u expect to buy only the best of AC or rf2 or both

1. I will most likely buy only the one I think is best

15 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. I will most likely buy both

88 vote(s)
    73.9%
  3. It depends

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. I will remain on rF2 but it won't prevent me from reading comments on AC! ;)

2. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

I already own rFactor 2 and am happy with it! :)
    But I also will buy Assetto Corsa because it really looks impressive and can't wait for it.

Also, my forecast: I think AC will be better than rF2 (even if I will probably love both ;) )

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you!

4. osella

osella Registered

I will most definitely buy AC too, despite being poor now, no job most the time, just studying. Something that costs few dozens dollar and entertains me for thousands of hours deserves the money, unlike most other games which I play for 10 hours and then forget about them, I'd have to be either crazy or rich to buy every software but sims deserve it from me..

Now I don't want to turn this thread into Will you play both titles vs. Will you buy both titles lol, but we all know this is an option too...

5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

LMAO!!!! If you're broke, you're broke and that's that. But I bet most of us can cut one thing out of our lives for a day/week/month to make up for 50 bucks. If I stop smoking for a few days I got AC paid up right there and I'd be all the better for it. Hell, if I stop smoking and drinking for a couple of weeks I could buy enough rF2 stock to take Tim's job ;) lol

Yes indeed. You guys don't know how good it is to have competition. I can safely say I wouldn't even be here if the videogame genre I loved from the start had competition and didn't boil down to EA relying on lemmings to buy up Madden every year like that dog that used to chase the Chuck Wagon.

6. osella

osella Registered

DO THAT! Not just for a couple of weeks, do it forever. I quit smoking 2 years ago and it is still the best thing I ever did. Such a worthless nasty damaging gross habit it is :rolleyes:

7. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

You're right. It would be easier to do if the wife didn't also smoke. :( I know I got really quick tempered though when I quit before. If we both quit at the same time you might read about us on the news. lol. I will quit though before the New Year.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Cigarettes, I presume? :p

9. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Must be the language barrier.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sad state of affairs for many game genres right now. Publishers just aren't doing a good job. How many racing simulations aren't self published at the moment? That's why devs need support, because most of them are on their own.

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Tell about mod teams.

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I thought stuff like this was a given. I'll buy rF2 (already have, and will pay my yearly subscription for as long as ISI allows me, I'm fully expecting to end up paying more than the lifetime membership costs), pCARS (kindasorta already have), AC and GTR3, and will support RRRE too, and if a newcomer shows up next year, I'll buy that too. People need to support all sims they possibly can.

13. costamesa

costamesa Registered

What the hell is AC? Really...

14. osella

osella Registered

I hear RRRE rarely mentioned here, guess its logical, it seems it will be a mere evolution of early 2000s sims, not a revolution like rf2/AC/pC. RRRE wont have night racing, wont have any weather and wont have any kind of real-road - just completely "static" racer we already had many of. RRRE will probably have to outweight this lack of new features by offering great graphics, sounds (which seem to be really great there) and exotic car/track combos, like Im really looking forward to see that BMW in hillclimb mode. But at the moment Im not going to buy RRRE as it simply seems to lack features.

btw. what a strange acronym those 3xRs

15. 88mphTim

I would if I could actually relate that to the discussion in any way. I don't see how it relates to business, employment, etc. If you're talking about the community supporting them? Well, that's a completely unrelated discussion IMHO.

16. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Well, talking about two softwares mod friendly, i believe mod teams (wich produce most content in rf1 and was the key of its sucess) will determinate wich one (AC or rf2) will be the popular one or wich will have the best mods.
    If devs of these both "small" teams needs support from community, just imagine mod teams. You donĀ“t need to talk about. Its just a rethorical argument. Everyone in here knows that mods team are the most abnegate people in this history.

17. 88mphTim

I think I am missing the point. But ok... :)

18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Language barriers sucks, lol. Sorry.

19. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Both and any other racingsim.and wanttoberacingsim.

At the end of testing betas/prealphas/golds/finished i`ll use the best FOR ME.

My no.1 today is pCARS and a long time away on no.2 is rF2 because there is nothing else to test ^^

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

If AC has the same physics/ffb of NKP absolutely NO.... they need to improve it,or better,to revolutionize it!