I am going to buy both AC and rf2 regardless of which is best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Do u expect to buy only the best of AC or rf2 or both

1. I will most likely buy only the one I think is best

15 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. I will most likely buy both

88 vote(s)
    73.9%
  3. It depends

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

No :D unidentified person

Sorry, just read some of your posts and I remembered, you are not unidentified, you are just plain rude thats all :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Excuse again, votting for something that hasnt yet been released :confused:

Erm..without even preview :confused:

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I only saw screenshots of AC and one video during a show. Marketing in action, not enough to decide. We'll see ;)

Edit: rF2 in all case off course :)

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes but I think the vote text implies about a choice to be made in the future when both products are released. So it's not about voting between those products now. It's about voting for future voting! :D It's all absurd I know and to be honest this whole poll and discussion is completely futile! :) Except if one wants to find out those things I said in previous post. But believe it wasn't exactly what Kknorpp001 was trying to find out?

Well, making polls is not easy and should be carefully planned. So by saying this polling is completely futile I don't want to be harsh to you Kknorpp001. But think about it. I believe this forum has lots of hardcore simracers - who else would pay for beta testing? So if there are way more hardcore simracers in this forum than average then the poll results are biased too. It may tell the truth or it may not. Btw the current result indicates there are lots of hardcore simracers. So the question is in here or in general. Next poll is "Are you hardcore simracer or not?" ;)

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Doh yes off course I did sorry :)

And V8 ........... what about V8 !

hehehe

6. LowRider

LowRider Registered

+1

7. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Poll: Do u expect to buy only the best of AC or rf2 or both??

Don't you usually have to have lots of hits before you release a "Best Of"
    :p

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Frankly I would hope that if you can afford one, you'd buy rFactor2, but if you can afford both, you'd buy both. The developers need continued support, whether that's ISI or someone else.

9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I will most likely buy both but buying isn´t the problem. I think the problem is not all good mod teams will work with both plataforms and no one knows how conversions will be.
    Also thinking at certain point i could have to choose the mod that i love or the best racing simulator.
    As said before by some clever person in this forum, now i´m with stockholm syndrome desiring that AC fails at physics and the best mod teams stick to rf2 so i didn´t have to learn another user interface in my life. :)

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

My next poll is going to include a description of a poll I want to do but will only do if >50% agree. LOL.

While I believe some are reading a tad too much into this poll, I have to admit I am entertained by all the criticism.

For those of you who didn't realize it, you are not required to participate in the poll or even read this thread so that should be very liberating to you unless you live to judge others.

There are also some of you who are missing the third option which is it depends so if you are fairly confident like me that you are either going to buy both or just one the you can pick one of those. If you are terrified that you will go to jail for lying if you give the wrong answer then you can pick "it depends" or not participate.

Very much enjoying the posts that are on topic. I find that the vast majority of community members are very pleasant, intelligent and respectful.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1 regarding v8, too!!!

12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

very honorable attitude, tim. for me rf2 is a piece of art, i am addicted to rf2's physics and FFB already. honestly i do not expect that AC's physics will be as good as rf2's, if its getting close i would be positively surprised. ATM there is only rf2 with proved great physics and FFB.

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Amen to that! A healthy industry is good for everyone and this is NOT a zero sum game (no pun).

14. willz

willz Registered

to confuse not the brightest of us

1 person likes this.
  15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I thought we already brought rF2 ?
    You would have to be a bit of a wombat to get a refund wouldn't you. :)

I will driving F3, V8 virtually full time for next couple of years no doubts.
    AC will need to have the same cars/circuits and seasons and be a seriously good drive to change that.

Yeah and obviously if I could afford it like the old days I would buy the lot and support teams.

16. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not

Would like a poll that people could vote for how much they think a simulator can simulate: 0%, 1%, 15%,

Editing, all about AC relies on kunos and few previews

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Just brainstorming so I may be wrong (which means I'm probably wrong) but the following just occurred to me:

- If you are rich, then you will buy both rf2 and AC
    - if you have a belt-driven wheel, you are rich
    - if you don't have a belt-driven wheel, then you won't be playing rf2 anyway

Just kidding of course b/c I have a g27 and a dfgt and love them both with rf2, but some would have you believe that you need belt so the above is just playing with the idea of if that we're true. And yes, I am kidding regarding that you have to be rich to afford a belt-driven wheel and yes there is also the flaw that you could have been rich but then you bought a $600 wheel and so now are poor and now can only afford one game and then there's the scenario where.......oh forget it already!

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I just rather one thread on what everyone likes and why, no debating others views and without having to pick up a slide-rule :)

What you feel. ......isn't that all that matters. :)

For instance rF2 has totally changed my perspective, I hardly have time for screen shots and never offline it.

It is the first sim in a longtime has made me revisit my SIM:\DRIVE and question what I have and why.

Like I said in other thread ...somewhere... I ...not ready to delete GPL, GTR2, GTL or rFactor yet but I can't
    say it never crossed my mind lately. lopl

At the moment my 2 favorite would be rFactor 2 and Euro Truck 2...............go figure ?

On a side note, hasn't the last few years of arcade/sim type titles been absolutely dismal ? :(
    DIRT3, WRC3, F1 2012, MOST WANTED, RUN, DRIVER, SBK , etc etc etc

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have rf1, rf2, GTR, GTL, Race07, iRacing, Nkpro.

Sure, I will buy AC :p

20. thuGG

thuGG Registered

You saw GamesCom videos, there was modfied physics and other things for GamesCom, for example grass had increased grip. That was done just for the presentation.

But on topic, I bought rF2, day 1 for Asseto Corsa.