I am going to buy both AC and rf2 regardless of which is best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Do u expect to buy only the best of AC or rf2 or both

1. I will most likely buy only the one I think is best

15 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. I will most likely buy both

88 vote(s)
    73.9%
  3. It depends

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I am going to buy both AC and rf2 regardless of which is best

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Already own RF2 so no need to Buy it.....will get AC as if it turns out to be modder friendly then I forsee a bit of a split with mod teams, therefore having both titles is the best answer!

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yup same here, I am not a fan of any one game, I am a fan of Sim Racing and there will be things I like and dislike about them all.

4. crz

crz Registered

Ill buy both if they suit me and i cant tell this now because i didnt see anything from AC besides some videos which just tell me how it looks right now.

5. GothaR

GothaR Registered

I will buy AC for 95%, screenshots look amazing, physics should be great (according to nkp) and they got very interesting licences (Zonda R, Lotus). If you add mod support, it just has to be one of the best sims on market :)
    I don't know when they will release AC, but now it seems like rF2 is little behind in development. AC should have great water and tyre physics from nkp and rF2 is missing it. Other things seem to be comparable, but we will see after demo release. I hope both sims will be great, maybe AC will be better on tarmac, but rF2 will have dirt support and that can be a powerful "weapon". But whatever, I will own both sims :)

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Excuse, what is the purpose of this poll :confused:

7. clock

clock Registered

I own rfactor2 now, and as soon as the technical demo (the owners of nkp will have acces) goes on AC i will get it...
    I think that both will be great simulators, i love nkp and with the improvements could be amazing, the only thing that i have to look, is that Kunos said that he started from 0 to do the physics (it are not from nkp)...

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

To fill the space between updates and cure the OP's curiosity :)

9. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Definitely buying AC....Unless I read that you have to create a vmod to race on new tracks.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

If I told you then that would skew the poll. Just kidding.

The purpose of the poll was to determine the number of posts before someone asks what the purpose of the poll is. I am going to add this to an in-depth study I am conducting on control issues with respect to what people post and why. Kidding again...

What drove me to create the poll is that there is so much worry and comparison between sims and my hypothesis is that most people are going to buy both anyway so as long as one is not completely left in the dust (no pun) then I expect all the worry about who has the best graphics, etc. is unwarranted.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Seriously I prefer the second explanation as the third is...meaningless (you are presuming all people have enough money to buy all available sims, some people may not have enough just for one).
    Please add to your in-depth study a chapter about people creating polls, another meaningless human creation (millions of flies eat s**t, they cant be wrong) ;)

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

For me it is easy. I really like rF2, and don't want to split my time to different sims. So regardless wether AC is better or not, I'll stay only with rF2 (which is about the only "game" I really play at the moment, and in the forseeable future)

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

And yet you just couldn't resist coming in and spouting off your meaningless opinion to a meaningless poll, could ya?

1 person likes this.
  14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

there can't be said anything about AC yet, can it!? They said, they would release a Demo at the end of September...nothing heard of that since then. The Videos i saw so far, gave me some worries about AC also...on one video, there was biiig input lag to be seen. On another, someone drifted an M3 and the physics didn't really look realistic to me. Then there is word, that the first release version won't even have weather. So the statement, that they are "far ahead in development" really is just a wild assumption, isn't it!? I mean, i have big hopes on AC, but at the moment i see no proof, that it will be good. It's all just nice graphics and big words at the moment. and then there is the question, when it will be released. even the demo seems to be delayed about 2 months, so i guess there will be a chance, that even RF2 goes gold, before we will see AC on the market...and then they will take another year, till all the planned features are in the game

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

i already know which one is best .............

rF2 will be the premier online sim for the next few years.

I dont want to look at models. :p

Aint Rocket science.

How are ya going to put PnG in AC anyway ????

lmao

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

add to that theres no Pit Stops in AC v1.0, seems RF2 is'nt the only Beta Sim this year :p

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I don't know the purpose but what it does is it shows how many hardcore simracers or people with "loose money" are here willing to vote "both" and how many not so hardcore simracers or purifists or poor people are here willing to vote "best". ;)

Hmm, does word "purifist" even exist in english language? :) Well if not then what I meant with it is "a person who only wants or accepts the very best". In other words like me. :D

18. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Most likely buy AC as well.

No use having a $600 G27 steering wheel/pedals sitting here if I don't spend some money on software to use it! (not that I bought it for that much of course!)

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Can't argue with that! Of course you mean Historix, right? PnG is GTR2.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Interesting point! I wonder how many people with $600 wheels can't afford 2 $50 sims. LOL.