Graphics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craigjw, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

That maybe true, it may not. We don't know as there are just a few old screen shots, who knows the state of play and what it looks like now. Still time will tell, and I hope they will all give me some fun, after all there is no rule that says you can only play with one :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Indeed... I suppose AC is something that we can`t really comment on as we can only go by a few vids and screens so far (to be fair) but as I`ve said, that AC screenie certainly was a bit of a disappointment for me...

As you say though, time will tell on all these titles and I`m looking forward to giving it a try. Going to be hard to drive anything without weather and real road mind you but I`ll still try it out. :)

3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

By jaggies you mean aliasing? I'm not sure if I understand you.

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Car modeling is completely different story, much harder than track modeling, but sooner or later you will see my car in rf2 :)

AC was available and playable on Gamescom in Cologne few weeks ago :)
    One of our guys was there and he said that it looks exactly the same how you can see on videos and screenshots.

5. Knight of Redemption

Was that latest build? once again who knows. Yes weather and real road are rF2's ace in the hole...and for me the FFB that is the best I have felt to date.

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

great news feels :) prefer sooner than later

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Good to hear feels3... be great to get a little drive in it somehow, soon I hope. :)

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Agree 100%. :)

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

tjc, could you tell me what do you mean by jaggies?

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Oh sorry thuGG, I did see your question but then forgot to reply. :p

Jaggies is just a term for the AA etc yes... bad AA etc = bad "jaggies" as the lines/contours etc in game don`t have good aliasing and look jagged. :)

11. thuGG

thuGG Registered

So I don't see the reason to complain about jaggies, if you set AA level to right value there will be no jaggies in AC.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m sure it will look good/better with proper AA settings but you`d have thought that whoever did that screen linked to by Durge, especially if it was done by AC themselves would have set the AA to a good looking level to help promote it a bit better rather than a screen with bad AA...

1 person likes this.
  13. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It's a non issue. I'm sure there will be loads of screens with proper AA.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

It is an issue if it makes the game look bad, which that screen does...

Very off-putting imo.

Anyway, we`ll wait and see.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats the biggy for me, the Real Road bit, if AC were to come out with that out the box I'd be very interested....as it stands I'm only partially interested though.
    Having now raced with Real Road I simply cannot go back that easy, just today tried rF1 and found it hard to want to drive it even though the mod I chose is one of my all time faves. Once you've had a taste of the new candy its hard to swallow the old one!

As for graphics big whoop....AC looks nice, RF2 looks nice (yes IN MY OPINION!!), but the underlying aspect is AC needs to live upto RF2 in many areas or it'll be like my pCars install...gathering dust!

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Can't wait!:)

17. Knight of Redemption

I have to say I enjoy my racing in rF1 as much as ever, but as I have said before that is down to the people I race with, for my money the best bunch of guys to race with. For me the Sim is only half the story, my league has not yet made the move and wont until we have more cars and tracks and have gone gold.

18. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

In rF2 spoils the impression of graphics HDR. If you turn it off, and make kontarstney shadows, graphics will look better with the included Sanchez HDR. HDR is a simulator of the eye pupils? I simulator pupil eye on the monitor is not needed. HDR is just a blurry graphics. All colors are floriestsentnymi, luminous devices are not visible. This is nonsense and not HDR.
    In my understanding, the best graphics in rF1, there just is not strong enough sharper shadows and everything. My opinion rF1 shadow rF2 = perfect graphics for the sim racing.

I wonder how many artists working on graphics in rF2? Do they look at the real picture with wilted. If, graphic looks good (colors, reflections, shadows, contrast, light, shade), it does not cause the public debate. But, if it raises more questions and judgment with regards to even just colors, it already says that this is nonsense in visual terms.

Another appeal to the ISI. Look carefully at what you're doing. Model race tracks are excellent, excellent machine interface models, graphics are generally below average. RealRoad looks terrible visually. Now technically possible to do excellent work of visual RealRoad. But I'll tell you honestly, and this is my opinion, visually does not look nice and not believable.

If you work only with the PRO simulator and there is not as important schedule and it was not appreciated, here gathered those who play the game, which will be assessed in most cases, a visual schedule.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

20. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

Wrong forum bro. We're talking about rF2 here.

I joke. hahaha

No seriously though, how come it doesn't look like that on my computer?
    In any case, up the lighting, and you'll reveal all it's flaws. But that is a good screenshot, if I may say so. Worthy of a painting. Heck, it actually reminds me of a painting I did a few years back. Except it was with a steam train instead of a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.