Graphics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craigjw, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

LOL for every post that suggests an idea there is another that says they don't want it, seems to me, if everyone got what they wanted the net result would be...click on the rF2 icon and nothing happens because that is the only way to please everyone.
    Yes it's a silly post, forgive my levity.

1 person likes this.
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Possibly in the future, not soon.
    It's been mentioned quite a few times, tracks made at different times, during what was a learning experience for the builders, and the devs, do look different. The tracks look better and better, Brianza being the best in my opinion, with the new one in production looking better than that. This isn't unusual... If you compared tracks iRacing released in 2008 with ones they released in 2012, you see the same thing. Spa, for example, was the first track produced for rF2, and although it has had art passes, this is one of those things you're going to have to deal with for rF2 like you did for rF1 (the later tracks released freely for rF1 looked better than the ones released in the first 2005 package).
    Well, I've said a few times that there is. So I'll say it again: yes, there is. Effects such as paint transfer, etc. But as I've also said each time I have mentioned it, racing takes priority over crashing. We're not going to do damage this early, OBVIOUSLY. :)

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I think you are wrong there, because I would be more pleased if it did something when I clicked that icon :p

(if you leave the door thát open, then I just have to take advantage of it ;) )

1 person likes this.
  4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I wish people would stop comparing one software to another. First of all AC hasn't even been released yet. Second of all AC won't have real road. Third, AC won't even have weather when first released. I'm not even sure AC is going to have dynamic lighting when released. :rolleyes:

You guys talk about realism this realism that, well to me the most unrealistic feature is when time stands still. ;)

btw I'm a huge fan of Kunos.

5. Knight of Redemption

I did say it was a silly post, the point more being, there is no way everyone can have what they want.

6. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

I also agree, although damage is very important, it is not top priority. As Tim says below. :)

Ok thanks for letting us know Tim, much appreciated!

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks for clearing this, I remember this discussed, but didnt expect such a big difference, I thought it was something wrong with my settings.

8. 88mphTim

I don't *think* it'll end up as such a big difference when the 'gold' label is applied. They may (or may not) do another art pass. They certainly have to do one with the Joesville track, and one is being done for the rTrainer.

1 person likes this.
  9. tjc

tjc Registered

I know youv`e stressed the "think" part of that last post Tim and that`s understood but it would be good if the tracks that have been done first, therefor the tracks that have a lower graphics standard (if I can put it that way) could be brought up to the standard of the newer tracks...

1 person likes this.
  10. osella

osella Registered

As if it is any different for any game/sim ever developed, perfectly normal.

As for damage, I told my opinion on it a long time ago, I even said it should have really low priority, lets have as good racing itself as possible, then concentrate on what happens when things go wrong, ie crashes.

11. 88mphTim

Really not possible when the technology wasn't in place for the things to be done that way. In the early stages the coding and the content were very much intertwined.

12. Knight of Redemption

Yes did you miss the fact it was posted in jest? maybe a language thing...Do you get crashes? I assume you mean software...Not something I suffer from, the software runs fine so far.

As an aside I downloaded the Sandrox F1 2012 mod for rF1 today...Stunning, the car modelling is amazing, and the shine and reflections are just a wonder...this in rF1, so there must be more to come from rF2 even if we have to wait for the modders to do it :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh, maybe I`ve missunderstood you then Tim when you said you didn`t think it would be such a big difference when the gold label is applied...

I thought by that you meant the difference between the older tracks and the newer ones would`nt be that big...

But maybe an art pass only won`t make up that difference to the level I was thinking/hoping... ?

14. 88mphTim

What I mean is that they might do another art pass. I also doubt it will make everything look the same quality, but closer. I am fairly sure we will be releasing tracks for a good few years, and by that time the technology will probably have advanced even more. You'd be pissed off if we DIDN'T use what we had learned years from now, right? The first and last track we release for rF2 will probably look quite different, but it's really for your benefit (otherwise, once we hit gold, we'd just stop).

15. Alesi

Alesi Registered

but they always renew all their tracks view to the latest graphic level... will ISI renew (rebuild old tracks) and all other their track to new graphic level?

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... I`m on the same page as you now Tim and yes... I (we) would be pissed off... ;)

18. 88mphTim

No, they don't. I am actually quite a good authority on that. I am hoping you understand the difference between base art and the graphics engine. And also the question you are asking, I'll just ask you to read the posts already made. :)

19. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

[​IMG]

20. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.