Club Sport pedal brake stop

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by GTFREAK, Oct 25, 2012.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Does anyone know what type of material is being used inside the brake pedal between the small metal rod and the larger rod that connects to the pedal? It appears to be some sort of white high density foam or something and feels like rubber almost. However, I don't believe it's rubber. It's made from some other material, but I have no idea what it is.

Anyone have a clue?

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It is some sort of high density foam. That is what's in my csp tuning kit anyways.

3. coops

coops Banned

4. Spadge

Spadge Registered

PU-Foam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyurethane

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I don't believe it's your run of the mill polyurethane foam that you can get at any hardware store in a spray can. It must be some sort of high or medium density stuff that doesn't break down under pressure. I know the chamber is somewhat closed, but if it were just some low grade stuff, I think it would be pulverized when you hit the brakes.

I need to know exactly what kind it is. There are a lot of different types, I'm sure.

6. Spadge

Spadge Registered

"Realistic brake pedal dampening created by special PU foam made in Germany and used in the car industry in shock absorbers. Ultra strong and smooth."

I dunno, you could always ask Fanatec what they use.

7. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

So basically it's the same thing as a bump stop. Got it.