Cars and tracks not detected

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by habibif1, Oct 25, 2012.

1. habibif1

habibif1 Registered

I downloaded rf2 and the cars and tracks from isi and placed them in the Packages folder, however they do not show up when I try to install them using managing mods. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

habibif1

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Many users have reported the same problem but unfortunately I didn't see any info about how did they resolve this issue. Hopefully someone who has first hand experience will reply. Until then - if you installed into default folder (C:\Program files\...) you can try to install to some other drive and folder (both core and data).

3. dv8r

dv8r Registered

Be sure to check that there is no .mft in the Manifests folder for the mods that are invisible. A common mistake ive seen so far is for users to delete contents of there mod directories without deleting this file. This can cause rf not to see or behave nicely with the mods. A word of warning though, be sure you dont delete these files for mods that are working correctly.

Use the uninstall feature ALWAYS, unless your absolutely sure what damage your doing.

Also check that you are in the right manager mode eg mod or component mode to install corresponding types.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Also if the cars/tracks you have downloaded have a .rfcmp extension then you'll need to, in the mod manager screen, click on options and click where it says "show mods only" and then the cars/tracks should be visible to install

[​IMG]

Hope this helps

Cheers

Goanna

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Another tip, don't use the mod manager in the core folder, use the launcher or the in game mod manager only.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Also make sure you have everything downloaded, not just what you want. Early on we were testing rfmod packaging, so you require one rfmod to be able to install another. We are planning to release the individual cars and tracks at some point, outside of their rfmod confines.

7. willh

willh Registered

Same issue.

Developer Mode seems to work, simulation starts, though I need to fix the "No matching controller file found" issue. Logitech D27, used on the same PC with other software.

All Tracks and Cars file appears in Manifests folder, Packages folder is empty.

Mod Manager shows All Cars and Tracks installed.

Working on it.

8. willh

willh Registered

Ignored the Mod Manager indication that all cars and tracks are installed. Downloaded the Williams rfmod to my desktop, moved it to the Packages folder, installed it using Mod Manager, and that was that. Now to download all the other cars and fix the D27.

I think what I did was follow the directions correctly. The symptoms were exactly as described in the first post.

9. joe cronk

joe cronk Registered

could i get some help with down loading rFactor2 and mods and tracks.Please thanks joe cronk..

10. willh

willh Registered

Just to follow up, I got the D27 wheel working simply by restarting the computer and unplugging the D27 for a few seconds.

Joe fwiw I got through the process by closely reading the stickies in this forum, including the "unraveling" one. Good luck.

Looks like a fantastic sim, couldn't resist taking a quick look at Belgium ....

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just click the links and download them to your machine. You need the full installer exe, the rfmod and the rfcmp files.