Do to the Megane what you did to the Nissan GTR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTFREAK, Oct 20, 2012.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Seriously, whatever you did to the Nissan GTR it worked. I can really feel that car so much better on track now. It has really come alive!

Now if you could just get the Megane to come alive I'd be a happy camper!

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

If ISI changes the Megane, I'm going to weep bitter tears.

For me, it's the pinnacle of sim racing – no other car in any other sim comes close.

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Are you kidding? I can't even feel what the tires are doing.

Mind sharing your setup because this is just a dead beast for me.

4. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Just to clarify here...

The Megane is a naturally "tight" vehicle in the way it's set up for racing. That means that you should be able to feel even more of the road surface than other not so tight race cars. It's like the difference between driving a Mercedes and a go-cart on a back road. The Megane being the go-cart. You are naturally going to feel more road surface abnormalities and bumps.

Right now, the Megane just has this dead no-feeling FFB right now where I cannot tell what the road is doing or even what the tires are doing.

With the previous build the Nissan GTR had a similar issue, but with this build it has really come to life. I can now drive the GTR with much more control and confidence because I can feel what's going on with the road surface.

With the Megane, I can't feel what's happening and therefore it feels very dead and it's almost like I need to just turn off my FFB completely and there would be little difference.... That can't be proper.

So there is one of two things happening here. Either the vehicle is set up wrong and I have the in game settings completely wrong, or there is something wrong with the car itself.

I even tested with both the T500rs and my G27. Both wheels gave me similar results.

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I said the same earlier but Tim didn't reply, too busy with Maxy i think haha. But yes both Nissans really feel convincing to me. I said earlier i am not sure if it's down to the consistent high fps, always over 60fps now that has made the sim feel different, better than it already did. Or something has been done to the physics/tyres and FFB of these cars. Either way they have given me some new cars now in a way. I have only been driving the BT20 really as it feels amazing and i wasn't feeling the two Nissans and not a fan of the clio and other open wheelers, but now i really like the Nissans, both feel really planted, both good FFB.

As said though i have not bothered with them for a long time now, used the GTR for some screens, that's it. So they could of already been improved in previous builds. Glad i tried them now. I do like classic formulas but GT is where i'm at really.

6. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Centering forces are very noticable in this build, that's way I think cars feel better :)

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I agree, I love both Nissans now. A real pleasure to drive. Especially the 370z.

I've never liked the meganes. Just tried them yesterday but I can't drive them. I just can't understand that all servers are running meganes instead of GTR or 60's cars :(

8. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thank goodness it's not just me that feels this way.

I simply cannot get into the Megane currently. There's just something missing with the "feel" of it.

I know it's a naturally stiff car, so it's not going to feel like the Clio, but I should still be getting some good feedback from the road with the exception of curbs or going off track.

I still get that "driving on small rocks" feeling when turning the Megane slightly as I have always had from the start of build 107. I don't know how it felt before that so I cannot compare it to anything.

9. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

The megane need an update i agree, the real one is a really nice racing car and the virtual one should deserve a bit more attention , there are two things wrong with the megane : The ffb as you said and the sound, the sound is wrong, especially the external one, it sounds like a cat meowing in a strange way.
    But don't expect it to feel like a 370z, the megane is closer to an open wheeler than a gt (expect its aspect ^^ )

1 person likes this.
  10. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Haha, I was thinking the SAME thing!

11. Jos

Jos Registered

drove both nissans at putnam and they felt great. thought the gtr still lacks some reargrip, the backend still steps out on the bump on the last corner.

gonna try the megane tomorrow to compare.

12. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

The Nissan GTR does lack rear end grip, but I suspect the real GTR lacks rear end grip as well. I've never driven the GT1 car, but if you watch any GT1 video you'll notice that most of those GT1 cars were a handful. Those drivers had a lot of fun keeping the rear end planted.

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Tire sounds suck bad and really screw up the immersion. This is true for megane, nissans and Clio. Please fix.

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+1
    the same for me : I use a T500RS wheel and the megane is great to drive with (I am ok for the sound : no very good:) ).
    It's my favorite car with F2, BT20, SparkF2 (with wings) and the 2 Nissans (370Z was already good for me before B118 but this is the GTR that has made great progress).

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

My opinio is that Megane's handling are ok...not the best compared to others but ok. I have had my fun moments with Meganes also. I do not also like the engine sound but I do not know how it is supposed to sound. 370Z is a great car. I have to still test it in build 118 because this far I have not noticed any change compared to previous builds.

16. canastos

canastos Registered

You made my day, hahahaha

byyyyyyyyye

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I read here things about Megane, then I drive the cursed Megane, I must make conclusion that ISI delivered you the base model, but I got Jean Ragnotti edition, car is absolutely insanely great to drive, lot of lift off oversteer, but very controllable, great feedback with G25 wheel, I think that I have set ffb multiplier to 0.6, when I need to catch slides, I just let go of wheel and thing catches slides automatically, great throttle steer abilities and I feel being in perfect control, until I get reminder that I certainly am not a Jean.

You have of course installed megane update? I did today too, but I don't know if that really affects it :p

Clio Cup car has too good tires to be able to be such as his cars, but Megane gets much closer to that kind of fun + added rwd goodness :D :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okj8aHcn_Yw

18. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I'm not sure what you mean by update for the Megane. I don't see one anywhere except for the new rF2 build and that's it.

I may have even spoken too soon about the Nissan GTR. It seems as if I installed the GT cars Version 1.0 and had not updated it. Perhaps that's why I felt it was so good compared to the Megane? I'll have to test and be sure that I didn't make a mistake somewhere along the line.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Certainly there must be an update as I have this file:
    ISI1032-v10-v11-RenaultMeganeTrophy.rfmod

I got it here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads
    It is very much fun at Mills.

20. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, I have that update.

I don't know what the first version felt like, but this version needs some work. It just isn't there for me at all.

Hopefully future builds will help with my experience. We'll see.