Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Still the same!! :(
    [​IMG]

2. marc512

marc512 Registered

I updated yesterday, tried to play today but every time i load the game i get "rfactor 2 has stopped working". Multiplayer and single.. It comes up on the splash screen after i click singleplayer or online.

Can anyone point me into the right direction to fix?
    Thanks
    Marc

3. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If you've got the rF2 pedal overlay plugin installed try deleting it from the Plugins folder. There have been some changes to the V05 plugin interface which means the pedal overlay plugin doesn't work with build 118.

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If you have any plugins installed, uninstall them for now.
    In the Launcher click the Verify button and see if you get any errors. If you do, you will probably have to download the full client and install again (you can install over your existing installation, no need to uninstall).
    If that doesn't work start fresh (uninstall, delete any left over files, download full client, re-install, download only some ISI mod to try if it works now).

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I have fanaleds and a telemetry display plugin and it works like a greased up charm :)

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Theres a thread about this problem:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8233-rfactor2-has-stopped-working-message
    but multiplayer not working too looks like to be a plugin problem.

7. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I say raise the castor and tell them to 'man up' lmao.

8. Pits

Pits Registered

Thank you, we hear this said many times "I've looked every where" I refuse to say it myself.

Thanks as well Olivier

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

For me that was Nvidia gfx driver, now using 304.79 beta driver and no issues, from my understanding any driver approx 2 years before 304.79 has same bug, not sure if newer official drivers have bug fixed like in 304.79, but I'm too scared to change anything now as everything works so well.

Now I can have my Pale Moon (best browser I know at the moment, firefox based but chrome fast, but still does not use much of any memory compared, 70 tabs open, 60 plugins and only 1.1GB memory usage total) open and no any hiccups in rF2.

I can even have HDR on now with 118 build, was not really possible before, but it makes tires and road way too white like if looking photo taken by cheap mobile phone camera (those early ones with 300K pixels and such), so I have bit of issues using it, darkest spot of tires is light grey so it really looks worse than without it, imo, so I prefer looks wihtout it even I could now use that feature.

10. Same here! What telemetry display do you use?

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Anyone here using Windows XP 32bit? Could you test weather your Developer mode still works in this new build? I have Win XP and mine does not seem to be working. Using the launcher I click the developer icon and nothing happens. If I double click on 'rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe' in the cores folder I get error message 'The procedure entry point RegGetValueA could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll'.
    I've tried a full clean install of 118 to another folder with same result. If I copy 'rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe' file from old build 107 into my 118 build that works with build 118 launcher.

12. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

Wanna try a fix that I setup to get rid of the wet patches and Wet track bug? I'm also using the Nvidia 306.79 drivers and the drivers work perfect.

Make sure you choose in your settings panel for a green track surface.

Then in the Race Weekend, make sure not to have your settings for clear skies, but have clouds set.. I've got mine this way.

Practice: light clouds
    Qualifying: Medium clouds
    Race: Heavy clouds

Chance of rain at off...

That's it.. All perfect on every track with every car.. At least it worked for me... Give her a shot.. Give me your feedback if it fixed the bug for you...

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

nvidia drivers v301.42, build 118, new full install, re-installed all mods, new profile. Performance is horrible with reflections on. If I turn reflections on and turn down some graphics options I can get back to near what I got before the patch. That was in the 50-60 FPS range. My green graph (when I hit CTRL + C) is maxxed out, the red graph is halfway.

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did notice that dev mode is not starting, I click icon from launcher and nothing happens, I don't even have moddev\userdata at all, but even when I add it from backup or single player it does not start.

Procedure starting point can't be found or something like that is errormsg when I try to open it via clicking rfactor2 mod mode exe.

I wonder if any XP user has working dev mode.

1 person likes this.
  15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for testing 'jtbo'. Looks like it's broke then. I'll use .exe from built 107 for now, and hope they can fix.

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Maybe it's related to the shaders?

I had the same problem with the new build. After a quick search in the forums i deleted the cbash files and the shaders. Delete all files in "..rF2Datafolder\UserData\Log\Shaders" and rF2 will build new files the next time you launch a session.

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I wonder if 107.exe does indeed work without weird things, maybe some library is different and using older .exe makes some new bugs, maybe those are so subtle that one just finds out that his car is completely wrong with fixed .exe?

I'm just bit afraid to use older .exe, but also no access to dev mode is huge issue as I have lot of work to be done, but of course such issues are to be excepted at this stage.

So as it is now, I seem to have time to work with this issue if needed.

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

My impressions of Build 118 after a few days are very positive. I initially updated but got into a mess trying to remove a second installation I had from ages ago. What an arse. Anyway, this prompted a complete reinstall. Only controller settings were kept.

Before I continue, I have AMD x 2 250 3.0 running at 3.4. ATI HD4850 512mb. 4gb ram. G27.

First thing I noticed was that I no longer needed 8 x AA and 16 x AF. All previous builds, there were jaggies and shimmer and flashing all over the place that could only be suppressed by maxing AA and AF. Now I can have 4 x AA and 2 x AF and it looks great. Really pleased about this because its freed up a lot of FPS.

With previous builds I had all settings on high except Shadows medium. Everything on except Shadow Blur, FXAA, Env Reflections and Wind/Crowd Motion. Got 20-70 fps depending mostly on traffic, but mostly saw 30-40 FPS.

Now I can have Full Circuit detail, Full textures, High player car, High opponent car, Shadows medium, Shadow Blur optimal and everything on except FXAA, Env Reflections and Wind/Crowd motion. Get 20-150 fps. Mostly 50-60 fps.

This is a massive change for me and one I wasn't expecting even after Gold. 150 fps??!! Have you seen my PC specs??!! Absolutely fantastic peformance increase and I love having the circuit detail and textures on full. Well done ISI.

Saw an AI car tonight attempt to rejoin the track after spinning. He tried to get on the track, but traffic was coming so he waited til it was safe. Dunno if it was in previous builds, but it looked great. Also seen AI blocking, AI trying to break a slipstream and AI taking overtaking opportunities in cool places. Would like to see them slipstreaming then pulling out and attempting to overtake on a straight please. They don't seem keen on this at all! Real immersion breaker.

Is the rubber being laid down on track reflecting the sun more in this build? Looks like it to me. Nice, I think.

Tyres look a bit off colour, also texture looks odd sometimes, mostly noticeable on the open wheelers for obvious reasons. Also, I'm thinking mostly of the view you get of them from an opponent in front of you.

I use FOV 30 and have seat position fairly far forward for most cars in the game. Using Real Head Motion 2.0 plug in, with my tweaked settings combined with the low FOV and seat positions, I'm having a lot of mirror problems.
    Firstly, and this is probably unrelated to my FOV and Seat settings, I can't move the Centre Mirror in the Nissan 370Z. I can move it in the Clio though. Haven't tried other cars.
    Secondly, the virtual mirror varies MASSIVELY from car to car. Varies in terms of FOV and angle of reflection. Most cars I can't set up the virtual mirror to be of any use because it doesn't seem to like my FOV and Seat settings combined with an altered Seat Pitch value and the Real Head Motion plug in. I try and change every mirror parameter in order to achieve a simple rear view with things in proportion. However, there are times when it isn't even a rear view!! Its a view of the sky, or a view of whats in front of me or at the side. As I adjust the parameters, it seems to show every axis and FOV except the sensible mirror view that I need.
    I'm still playing with the mirror settings and will start a bug thread for it if I can't figure it out.

Still got the same old issues - 60's black mirrors, awful UI, weather not worth bothering with til physics work with it, Clio sound bug, tyre wear seemingly not working, no spotter, poor replay function, car body damage, proper clutch, no random weather, shadows being drawn in front of you sometimes and lots more besides.

BUT I've been having a ball with this game from the start. This build is a BIG improvement for me graphically. The physics and FFB are terrific but I'm still hoping for improvements. None of the current problems stop me enjoying this game immensely, sometimes I'm speechless when I finish a session on it because its so far ahead of any other sim I've played and I can't believe the experience I've just had!

Best racing game EVER, even in its current unfinished and flawed state.

19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Hey argo0, do you work at ISI? For sure we're not talking about the same game! Right now (as you mention at the end) RF2 is nothing, having a G27 and with your framerates i sincerely don't understand from where comes your "so fantastic experience"...

20. Pits

Pits Registered

Agree with Argo0, brilliant, where is the setting for the Ghost car please, I have looked (everywhere), it must be an add-on or part of editing something perhaps.
    And the mirrors have decided to go black again, don't really care but the lights flicking on/off has a few disadvantages at 200mph.

Uninteresting, if you are negative (as I have been in the past) you get the "it's only a beta you foolish person". But if you like it (as I do now and others) you somehow are employed by the ISI company, I assume in a minor roll of receiving an adjustable amount of money for writing a positive post, can there then be an honest post or do the others just know what we all are.
    That's worth a dollar ty

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012