Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Clean full install for me.
    I've noticed zebras are present on all tracks but only the first time I load them. Actually, zebras disappear slowly during first session...
    I've just tested default setup : green in practice and naturally progress in race...

2. MJP

MJP Registered

As Max mentioned it first appeared in rF1, though judging from some of the posts I think people aren't quite understanding what it does. It's not some sort of 'target' framerate, it's the framerate threshold below which the game will automatically start reducing details. It can only do so much though, don't expect to double your framerates, it seeks to help ease the burden in low fps situations like on the start grid for example.

@Max - If you've set it to 30fps then it won't do anything until your fps drops below 30! I tended to find I had to set it to around twice my minimum fps to get a worthwhile effect from it.

3. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I'm sure this issue must've been brought up but I just updated to build 118 and now every track is wet :\ How do I get rid of that? I'm busy with studies these days and would really like to have a quick reply on how to get rid of that so I can do a few laps in this little time I have.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Info on the very 1st post of this thread.

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

All went fine for me with this new build, I used the Autoupdate feature and it went well and fast. This is the only thing I did, I didn't delete player profile, recalibrate or anything like that, didn't have any zebras bugs or wet tracks. I already had Practice, Qualifications and Race enabled and the new RealRoad option was there and correctly set. I was about to speak about some micro-stutters and realized Chrome still open in background so I know it come from it, so all seems perfect so far :) Good Job Guys! :)

6. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Tried that and the roads are still wet.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Delete all files in ..rF2Datafolder\UserData\Log\CBash

8. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I really like this release!
    I can finally say I'm not as nervous about the micro-stuttering with CrossfireX would be unsolvable after this 118 release, new drivers and Win8. Now the regular micro freeze/stutter happening every 2-3 second regardless of FPS is gone :-D :-D :-D
    Its not perfectly smooth, but now the small (irregular) stutters that still exist are more like the ones i get without CrossfireX in certain situations. The whole driving experience is smoother with higher FPS also. And as long as i set "naturally progressing" on all 3; Practice/Qualify/Race (which must be done every time the sim is restarted, since the Practice page has bad memory for the moment), no zebrastripes. Keep up the good work ISI!

9. cookie

cookie Registered

And as long as i set "naturally progressing" on all 3; Practice/Qualify/Race (which must be done every time the sim is restarted, since the Practice page has bad memory for the moment), no zebrastripes. Keep up the good work ISI![/QUOTE]

This works for me as well .

10. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Still wet! What am I doing wrong?

11. Micro stutters because of Chrome??? How can it be a cause? LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  12. Pits

Pits Registered

Glad it wasn't tricky, I d/loaded the full exe, ran it, installed it over the old fr2 folder and works fine (same as last build), did nothing else. The mirrors now work, the frames are huge with no pausing/stuttering, ppl like me need it easy and to just work, well done. I don't o-clock or fiddle, nice having the mirrors back.

Wish list still applies
    Rain drops on the windscreen that hit then smooth out
    Being able to join back to a race after a drop-out, hugely important
    Ghost cars for purity of race line and stand alone fun

No complaints but expectations start to gather as it gets to this very good stage in game play.

That's about it, a quick fix and Gold.

13. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Ghost as in your best lap time is now available with this build (still has some issues but at least it is working and fulfilling its role).

14. @pits,
    You can join back a server when disconnected if your multiplayer.ini file is set correctly (closed session settings)!
    Ghost car has just been implemented in last build!
    Cheers,
    Oli

15. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Can someone please help me with the wet road issue?

16. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I wish I could have possibility to fix wet road in real life by deleting few files. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

And add some to bring the sun out:)

18. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

This is systematic and reproducible for my 2 computers (a laptop and the desktop). If I have Chrome open and play with rF2 or others any others games I have micro stutters every 2/3 seconds. It light, but it's here. As soon as I close Chrome all is fluency.

It could be a Chrome Plugin or something like that, I never investigate and don't really care as I always close it before playing, due to this small problem and to free some memory.

20. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I have Chrome and other stuff open and didn't notice any stutters at all (in this or any of the previous builds). Must be some plugin or maybe even just a page you have open at the time.