Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Green = fresh track ,no rubber so it will build up .
    Natural progression= rubber will stay and continue to build from qually to race .. as long as race is set to natural progression ..

so pratice set to green will alwase start with no rubber , this means on a server when you re start weekend you will loose all your rubber if pratice is set to green, BUT ! once the track gets built up you can use the save feature and have it stored , then apply it to your session ..

2. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

The 118 build for me is a step back, it seems slower and has more glitches.

When alt/tab and back to game the graphics are corrupt.
    When using the Renault Megane I've seen AI cars jumping back and forth.
    Also when I spin the on coming cars have no screens, if I switch to external view they are there.

1 person likes this.
  3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Also if weather isn't set to 'scripted', it doesn't save the .wet file where the RealRoad settings are stored. So you need to visit that page AND set weather to scripted if it isn't already.

4. fobban

fobban Registered

Yup, I also get corrupt graphics (e.g. black sky) when alt-tabbing.

5. Thanks a lot mate! ;)

6. argo0

argo0 Registered

I had indeed seen many posts indicating that the castor was probably the reason for the light feel at low speeds. I don't believe I'd seen any posts giving the reason for the castor settings. Thank you.
    It surprises me that F2 drivers are considered to be that much physically weaker due to being that much younger than FR3.5 or F1 drivers though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  7. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I thought this was a new feature. Was it always an option?

This all makes me wonder how it is that some people see moderate to great gains in FPS and others see no gain or worse. Could it be that some have (or had in the past) "Auto Detail FPS" turned on while others have it off?

8. osella

osella Registered

IIRC Auto detail FPS was there in first beta builds, then it was temporarily removed and now is back (or my memory plays tricks on me and it was always there). Anyway, from my experience, especially in rf1, this only does good if your minimum framerate without it enabled doesnt drop much lower than what you set this to.
    Example, you turn this off, and have 50-80fps all the time. Setting this to 60 will help you have 60 fps all the time and you will hardly notice any difference in graphics or flickering of textures. But if you only have like 30-50fps and set it to 60, it wont manage to keep 60fps and it will cause more problems than good things.

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

"Auto Detail FPS" was introduced in rF1.

Such feature will try to keep the fps to the set value, at the cost to reduce details.

Ie, it is not a feature to get more fps, but implemented trying to allow a minumum of fps (not assured, hardware has a big role in play).
    In other words, setting the value higher than the average fps in your system will cause a lot of issues.
    Instead, setting it to the minimum value you think ok, say 30 or so, it can help in hard situations like race starts, many packed cars etc.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

On the 2012 F2 light feel issue I personally think it feels too light at all times/speeds not just at low speeds...

:)

11. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Hi,

After some tests, I have to say that the Sim. runs a lit smoother. The graphics look more similar to those of rfactor now, just my feeling. Of course the shadows are cracked.
    But my real concern, is about the time this is taking to develop. I know that ISI, and community where I include myself, I was part of the develop of a very well known rFactor mod, is governed by principles; good things takes time to do, it is done when it is done, but this is taking a lit to far. Time is money and this case our money too.
    By this time of the Beta stage, I was expecting that must more work had done, where is the weather engine, rain effects, one of the news features, that everybody is looking for?

Regards

Pedro

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I guess user friendly thing would be to include a prerecorded demo so you can measure your min and max FPS for selected settings. And then you can set the auto detail FPS accordingly (rF2 could even check if this auto FPS is between min and max).

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You can also build say 3 diff sets up 200-500-1000 laps = light-medium-black gold lol

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

NO MORE AI bangin' around for hours a week rubberin' :p

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol :) So 'appy lol

15. osella

osella Registered

I thought that was unlikely but man, I just checked all the F2 drivers and one of the 2012 season drivers is actually 15 years old!! So yeah that makes sense, one doesnt have that much arm strength in 15 unless he does pushups all day long

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I noticed that with this new Build the circuit needs more laps to be "rubberized"(??!!) !for me it is more realistic now

17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

It was a known issue in previous build(s) - known as accelerated rubber buildup as the track was gaining rubber at an artificially accelerated pace. I didn't see this mentioned in the change log but I guess they solved it or at least made steps towards solving it.

18. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I'm happy with the update so far.

More FPS (high 70's at Nords), none of the graphic issues I have had in the past.. except a little flickering on a fence or tree here or there at Nords.. and the same type of flickering in the GT1 Nissan mirrors from time to time... but I can live with them.

On my little system I run the Sim with everything on Full, except Sun Occlusion and Wind/Crowd, plus FXAA and HDV are On. It's looking nice now ISI.. still getting rain in some tunnels, lol. I think track converters will have to up their game in order to bring circuits that can look as good as the cars and light/shade effects are.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I never used this feature but now with triple screen maybe it would be useful to me.
    Just for curiosity, how quick this feature is able to react on fps changes? For example if fps drops appear for hal a second during turn, it will avoid "current" drop or set lower details which will be persisting for some amount of time (some kind of PID controller)

20. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Cant say i noticed how it works in rF2, because i have set Auto Detail FPS to 30 and my graphics details give me 55 FPS at race start (my PC is close to the minimum required, but i run with a CRT monitor, low res so to have a fast refresh rate and few visible cars).

In rF, when i had a P4 1700 and a GF4 TI :) , with 30 max fps LOL, setting auto detail fps to 20 the reaction was not immediate but delayed few secs, if i remember well things 6 years old. :)