Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I suppose it only looks silly, but is not silly?
    Please try to read again and try to understand what I meant.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

On which tracks? Info. Info. Info. :)

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes nice performance boost here personally. I think alot of the stuff is backround stuff so don't expect to be blown away. No new tracks or cars so pretty much as you were but with much better optimization for me at least. The added FFB filtering is great within the sim but alot as i say seems to be stuff you will not notice right away.

Not getting the zebra stuff so far but have noticed a weird effect with the F2 when following AI, the tyres seem to have a weird effect on them as the lighting hits them. Makes the tyres look a little plastic. Skins not working is a bit disappointing but Tim has addressed that above.

4. 88mphTim

It's more likely he's referring to the actual content of your post, and it's message.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, deleting player file did not help me. Every track is wet again, wth...

6. 88mphTim

See, I feel like it's quite clear what you said. You said things are untouched in 10 months, when they have been, even in today's build. So it seems pretty silly to say they haven't been touched. No? You are factually wrong.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, I see where it went wrong ;)
    I didn't hit the "panic button" really, but I can't see myself driving this for a few months. I didn't mean I expect it in half an hour ;)
    It's really weird and some parts of the track, it's really annoying; giving me almost a headache and it's really diffecult to judge the track and corners.

8. poket roket

poket roket Registered

Auto update worked well after the third try. No problems so far. Seems gameplay has gotten smoother.

9. 88mphTim

Those of you with the zebra effect, did you all use the updater or the full installer?

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry Tim, for now I only tried the default Monaco in the F3 with several kinds of settings. Less shadow seems to give more of this, but more, just cover them up, can see it that way too.

I will try out more tracks.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I did the updater for once.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I really don't see what was wrong with that......it always seems I'm rubbing people the wrong way and people start saying things like that......never actually saying what I said wrong.
    I really didn't mean anything wrong, but it comes across that way probably.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I have not said "nothing was fixed". I said there are things which are not fixed for 10 months. Things which has been reported multiple times, things which are annoying and things which don't require half a year to be fixed.
    And I don't think that I have to provide any evidence to prove it because we all know them.

If you talk about changelogs we can ofcouse talk about things which has been disabled (instead of fixed) or broken and again without info in changelogs. But again I'm sure you know about them.

I really don't understand why you are trying to attack my comments when I'm talking about obvious facts. I would expect rather response like "yes, you are right, we go slower/worse than we/you expected"

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Zebra effect is basically wet patches of track. There is no grip on them and they start to evaporate if I accelerate time. But every time I load any track again its wet again.

I downloaded update patch and put it in update folder and pressed manual update button.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Noticed one odd thing online at Jarama in the last tight left a driver cars looked like its was lagging bad
    and moved 6 foot on track.

He was a bit slower so I stayed behind and the same thing happened same spot for 4 laps everywhere else was smooth as.

Been lapping Jarama online for days with Build107 and have never seen it before.

Thought it may have something to do with the saved real road but that sounded a stretch.

My advice again Nibo....do a full build and fresh folder, you can add controller and settings back to it.

16. 88mphTim

No, you did not say that. You maybe think you did, but you didn't.
    The above text is what you actually said.

So let's examine it, shall we? Issues are still UNTOUCHED. Triple screen support or even tracks/cars selector.

The track and cars selector is still there, there is also a text menu option instead of it. Doesn't that count as touching? And triple screen support in TODAY'S build notes (I don't even need to look at older builds):
    You said UNTOUCHED.

The kind of posts you keep making, discredit you. You are a smart guy, but when you post things like that, you only serve to make it harder to respect your position on things. You're crying Wolf all the time.

17. TJones

TJones Registered

Updater here.

18. elcoco

elcoco Registered

i have set the realroad to user:autosetup and now all the tracks no zebra and track dry :p

also if i set realroad to naturally progress

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

For online dedicated server real road is in weather.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Setting to user:autosave did not help me. I`m seriously confused. Also it reverted to "Green" when I exited track and gone to practice menu.