Build Updates taking too long?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flibberflops, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Who knows how long rfactor 2 will take to go gold?

I've decided to give rf2 a bit of a break & nip back to iracing for the next formula star Mazda season (starts in 2 weeks & lasts approx 3 months) then I hope rfactor 2 has had some good updates etc.

I'll fairly confident that rfactor 2 will be my top sim in the future though, I'm a fan of ISI's physics etc so I hope rf2 dosnt go the wrong way

i.e gets left behind whilst its taking to long in development

Next couple of builds will be an indication no doubt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

None.

As angles are not real, they can't dance.

3. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Exactly! Zero! And that is the significance of this thread.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

True, however I failed to type angels, angles however certainly must be true, I think :p

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

C'mon, do you think that ISI just wake up one day and says "Let's do Rfactor 2, get some coffe".

6. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

I always start my day with coffee :eek:. Like four cups worth :cool:.

1 person likes this.
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

pay, I don't understand what do you mean.

BTW, instead of coffee I suggest to do some exercises. Yu know squats, jumps, press ups etc

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

You say that pCars "at least" have a road map, because of that the joke, please no ofense.
    And i work very early in the morning (5:00 am) and Jesus, i need some coffe, and for the exercises i run to catch the bus.

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Ahhh this one. I referred to some Tim's statements that (in short) in software development nothing is planned cause nothing can be predicted etc.
    We even argued against each other in this subject because I cannot agree with this. I still believe it is not true, but it has been said.
    Finally I'm tracking all questions to ISI about features (let say driver swap) and we never got clear answer about it. I'm not saying that roadmap also gives clue about finish date. No need to comment it more.
    That's why I wrote 'at least'.

10. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Of course it's taking them too long. It's been 9 months now since release and tbh I don't see much progress (besides content).
    I mean, Real Road is still at it's initial stage, not really dynamic. Weather is also incomplete and at similar stage as in the beginning. No wind. No tyre usage. And so on, and so on.
    Frankly, it's a mess.

Love it;)
    They should send this list when you register here.

1 person likes this.
  11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm interpreting those 2 posts pages as result of frustration, me included. We know we will have something great at the end, and the WIP version is already great even incomplete. We want it quicker, sooner and better, off course ;) It's a good sign that people wait rF2 so much, I hope ISI take this kind of thread this way.

Just give them time.

And btw: THANK YOU TIM and THANK YOU ISI ;) :)

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I dont know, cannot judge if updates are regular or on time, but these kind of threads appear at clock accurate intervals!
    Really impressive! Bitching looks very satisfying!

13. thuGG

thuGG Registered

9 months, barely any progess (besides content), I think that non fanboys have right to bitch about it.

14. JDilla

JDilla Registered

It´s not about quantity, its about quality!

And all i can say is, quality is so freakin high on rf2. Even in this part of development. This is not a sign for you to start chilling :D

Big thanks for your work, keep it going!

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

What quality, not working Real Road, not working weather, not working tyre usage, no wind, and many bugs. Yeah quality, right.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Right thuGG, it seems to me they sold us an UNFINISHED product! I'll put the nice CD on its box and get back RIGHT NOW in the shop, yeah!

Ps: doing a small Croft and Clio race with 30 AI first, so fun! ;)

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

>
    8. be aware of "THE" default answer: you did not buy the beta but pre-purchased the game with access to beta. > all other rules are based on this fact.

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

LOOOLLLL, you applied all the rules in very few sentences. Congratulations!
    I hope your post was meant to be sarcastic?

19. 10speed

10speed Registered

Those rules are widely applicable in this forum - sadly.

There must be some kind of project planning behind rfactor2. So to satisfy us all it would be sufficient to post a rough schedule of what we can expect when. Is it too much what I am asking for? But instead of answers all you get is accusations of being a troll or a funny coffee-joke(R) by the staff.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI Forumites:

Group A: The Fanboys, they defend everything to the hilt and kiss Tims bare behind no matter what.

Group B: The Realists, they accept the game for what it is and where its going but do have the occasional pop at ISI in regard to the odd issue here and there but dont let it affect their lives too much as they just enjoy modding/playing the game. <I'm here!>

Group C: The Trolls, they're quick to make out their not Fanboys yet spend a majority of their time on the ISI Forums and playing the game (irony), they like to quickly kick down anyone from Group A and argue for the sake of it even if its a completley pointless argument to have (see a few in this thread). They also take issue with people from Group B as they cant believe that other peoples opinions differ from their own so they feel the need to get all shouty and use bold text (remember him!?!) on occasion to highlight their meaingless point which serves no purpose but to add weight to the internet with their boring overused letters and words and they dribble on and on and on and on dribble dribble dribble dribble blah blah <insert donkey noise> blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzz

Group D: The Lurkers, they read the forums but never post, they also believe the Umpa Lumpas are real!

Group E: The ISI Staff, some post, some dont, some read, some dont, most of them probably laugh at the utter tripe served up in this forum!

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.