Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You got it.
    Just follow Guys advise, also see my post on the previous page to get you running.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, DJ. I know about the "known problem tracks," but your mod did the trick for Targa Florio. Perhaps those other tracks have similar mods to solve their problems? Someone must be able to run them!

Anyway, all we can hope is that some people decide to put some effort into overhauling this beauty. It was astonishing by GPL standards in that day...but needs a lot of work to meet today's standards. Still, we can practise the layout with this one so that by the time a good version is available, we might be able to make it around a whole lap without going off ;)

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, it works, but then nothing else will work--every car and track in All Cars and Tracks produces a CTD. So if I want to use Targa, I have to install it per use, then uninstall it so I can get anything else to work. I think I'll wait for the next version... :(

4. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

You need to create an rfmod for Targa Florio then it will work
    Cheers
    Gubba

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, DJ linked to that, which got it working. However, if that mod or TF is installed, nothing else will work until I uninstall them. ...As explained in my prior post.

6. canastos

canastos Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  7. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks canastos. :)

8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I did need to use the 'Resume from replay' option a few times when I 1st got track, but getting better at it now.
    @Marc, happy to report bugs with single player mode are a lot less in the test build. The 96 track limit bug is gone too.
    @Canastos, thanks for the small fix. Now if someone can fix them bloody signposts that you hit even though you a good 3 foot away from them I will be very happy :D. Was like that in rfactor1 version too.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks so much for this effort. The click error is gone, but unfortunately it still crashes everything if it's installed (on All Cars and Tracks as Least--I deleted the special mod as I hate them).

Sorry I am not sure if this one was supposed to work on its own or has to be accompanied by the TF mod? (Or, maybe it will work with the next release?)

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Maybe myself and others are just lucky. I run 31 tracks, use All Cars and Tracks mode only, on both build versions and have no problems running the track.

11. canastos

canastos Registered

@Marc, as jim said, your CTD may be because too many tracks installed; at the moment, I have even less than 30 (I don't race that much ;)), ten or twelve cars, and zero problems; try uninstalling a good bunch of components, it may help, and you can always install them again

I have tested single player, but will start a server with F2 Sparks and EVEs (or any suggestion?) in a while, in test day configuration, well, just for testing :p

byyyyyyyye

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, sorry!!!!!!!!!! I had been holding right at the track limit (having temporarily unistalled a bunch waiting for the next build fix), but forgot that an extra new track snuck in when I installed a mod the other day. Haven't even tried it yet, so had forgotten. Then installed your new TF version and thought it was still the old problem.

TF works perfectly now as a regular track, so thanks so much for the fix!

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks a bunch, nice for quick job man.

I been away for nigh 6 weeks, when I loaded the new Ring Tourist and Targa they both topped out at 2003-2008 MB usage with GTX670 in AB (RivaOSD)

......." need...more ........ram ...... need ...... new ...card ..." :p lol

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hey Durge, I thought it had been quiet around here, for some reason (lol)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lopl

Yet I have always been happy with rF2 development, well except no mirrors and the online bug, both distant memories :)

I long been resigned to payware and no verification/permission stuff being allowed here, so there is nothing else to say really :p

16. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Wouldn't it be nice for everyone if ISI took this up and re-did it with new textures, update the mesh and all that stuff, and then release it to showcase the potential of rF2?

They could have different kinds of racing, such as the old Targa with the whole track doing several laps, with all the weather and time effects, etc, and also the current Targa which are rally stages around sections of the older track, to showcase different kinds of racing (time attack, special stages,...), etc.

17. gagipro

gagipro Registered

That will be great cause it´s a bit ols fashioned style compared to the nords now ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What I really would like, is somebody adding real traffic at Practice, as it was done in those days.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

They said they wont

btw any news from HistorX 2? :D

20. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I´d be the first to support ISI (or any talented modder) in a Targa Florio Kickstarter project ;)